Monday, July 12, 2010

Make a Mess Monday Debut

**Make sure you scroll down to see my Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge post! **

WOW....there is LOADS of fun on my blog today!  First was the debut of the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge Blog and now I have some MORE SUPER FUN news to share with you!!!

Now  for the 2nd DEBUT of the day....

Welcome to:
MAKE A MESS MONDAY

Like I said....I have LOTS of new fun stuff going on here today!!!  Susana, from Susana's Custom Art & Card Design, has declaredthe 1st Monday of the Month......Make a Mess Monday (MAMM)!   Here's the history behind  MAMM from Susana, herself:
      "Make A Mess Monday arose from the desire to explore other ways than the much loved traditional ways of making and seeing cards. What if we could bring the Mess back into card making and altered items?  This is about getting messy creatively not messy ways of thinking about projects. It’s about why not try something different. It might take a little more time but so what :o) I don’t want to give too much away as I want you to feel our excitement and come back and see what new Mess we will take you to LOL. :o)  But if in your heart you love getting Messy and that 7 year old in your heart wants to still play with finger paints ( Inka paints etc) and Play Doh (air dry clays) and more, then grab the blinkie below, add it to your blog and yell out the window I am proud to get MY MESS ON!!! WOO HOO :o)"

There are three of us who are on the Make a Mess Monday Team.....The MC of mess Marti (our leader), filthy Kim (that's me), and dirty Carolyn.....and when she can the sloppy Suzanne!!!

This is going to be a long post, so I hope you stick with me because it's going to be loads of fun!!!  Now let's get onto my projects:
Today I am going to be sharing projects using the Dreamweaver products!  Card 1 features what can be done using the stencils, embossing paste, and mica powders!  Marti has made up some AMAZING videos teaching you how to use these fun products!  The videos can be found on the top of the page -->here<--!  For my main image (the teacups) I used a black piece of textured cardstock, with the vertical teacups stencil.  Then I mixed up translucent embossing paste with mica colors ivy garden, sapphire, and moonstone.  After using removeable tape to adhere my stencil to my cardstock, I then took a spatula and gently smeared the colored embossing paste over the stencil.  After you are complete you take off the stencil and let the image dry, then you can make a card with the dry image! 
Just look how vibrant those colors are!  I absolutely LOVE the metallic look that the mica powders give!  This seriously is a fun way to create an image!
Here's another view so you can see how the embossing paste makes your image 3D!


Now for Card 2 (this was the card that you saw in my previous post today):
(I'm entering this into the Friday Sketchers Challenge!)
This card features the same Dreamweaver products....stencils, embossing past, and mica powders; however it is a different technique.  See the panel that the cutie pie image Rian is on top of....the panel that is pink, green and bown metallic.....this process helps you create that gorgeous background for your image!  
Here is the panel before Rian was placed on it!  I've used Marti and Pezza's technique that you can find -->here<--.  I've took the flower lace background stencil, and taped it to my white piece of cardstock with removeable tape.  Then I took translucent embossing paste and covered the stencil.  Removed the stencil and let the image dry overnight.  When the image dried it was clear.  Then I repositioned the stencil over the image and took my Versamark pad and inked up the image, and again removed the stencil.  Finally I took my mica powders in cocoa, pixie blush, and ivy garden and brushed the micas over the inked image.  (Again check out Marti's video for step by step instructions.) 
I absolutely love the idea of being able to make my own background papers and to make them match any other papers is a HUGE BENEFIT!  Plus the metallic look of those micas really adds to your stamped image!  Doesn't Rain and her puppy look amazing on top of the custom made background paper? :)

SOOOO NOW IT'S TIME FOR YOU TO GET YOUR MESS ON!!!

Make sure you head over to the SCACD Blog to see what Marti and Carolyn have cooked up for you while they were getting messy!!! 

Teacup Card Recipe:
Stamps: Sentiment (Hero Arts)
Inks: SU marker
Papers: Coordinations CS, Black, green and blue Shimmer cardstock from my stash along with textures black cardstock also from my stash
Tools: MS border punch, Sizzix swirl dies, SU oval and scallop oval punches, Victorian Cuttlebug embossing folder, vertical teacups stencil,
Embellishments: Dreamweaver translucent embossing paste, Dreamweaver mica powders - ivy garden, sapphire, and moonstone, Vintage Pearl Pin,

Pink/Brown/Green Rain Card Recipe:
Stamps: Rian from Sampler Edition #1 by Elisabeth Bell for SCACD, Vintage Vogue (SU),
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Rich Cocoa, Copics, White Gel Pen, Versamark
Copic Colors Used: RV0000, RV000, RV32, RV34, W3, YR00, YR21, YR24, G0000, G40, G82, G94, YG01, YG07, YG67, E000, E00, E11, E21, E27, E30, E34, E37, E47, E49, E99
Papers: Memory Box Gossamer
Tools:  Spellbinders - Oval and Scalloped Oval, MS butterfly punches, MS leaf punch, SU modern label punch, Dreamweaver flower lace background stencil
Embellishments: Dreamweaver translucent embossing paste, Dreamweaver mica powders in cocoa, pixie blush, and ivy garden, Glimmer Mist in Creme de Chocolate, Star Dust Stickles, Viva Decor Cream Pearl Pen, Viva Decor Glitter Liner (Holo), Wild Orchid Crafts - 35mm Wild Rose, 15mm roses, 10mm roses, 6mm closed rosebuds, Heart Crystal Stems,

Thanks for reading through my super long post!  I hope you have enjoyed our Messy Monday and come back for some MORE fun!  If you have any question, please email me, as I am happy to answer anything for you! :)

♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥

Photobucket

6 comments:

Danni said...

Awesome messy projects! Love the teacups, so very pretty!!

CraftyC said...

Wow Kim, you have been busy, what beautiful creations you have made. Thought perfect pearls as soon as I saw the first card. Not had mine out for years. They are all beautiful!
Clairexx

Mary Lou said...

Amazingly beautiful Kim!! Love the outcome you get with the new dreamweaver products--Very Nice!!
I really think i would have a double mess cuz I make a mess normally:))
Looks like fun hun
blessings
Mom

Lena Katrine said...

Georgeous creations, sweetie!
Love the colours and the technics you,ve used!

Hugs XXX

Chelsea said...

Wow Kim, what a beautiful technique you have done to these gorgeous cards.
Love the way they add testures and the shimmers...Wow!
Lovely!
Luv,
Chelsea

Scrappychick said...

What a fabulous technique! The cards turned out gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...