Monday, July 26, 2010

WOC #2

Good Morning Everyone~

I hope your week is off to a good start!  In a few hours I will be driving to Chicago for CHA!  Woot Woot!  I am so excited I can't even stand it!!!! :)  I'm so looking forward to the vacation from school....although I will be wondering what I am missing this week....good thing I have a group member I am close to who will keep me in the loop!

It's hard to believe 2 weeks have already passed since the debut of the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge Blog!!!  WOW we are thrilled to bits with all of the entries...we hope that you will join us for Challenge #2 which is LACE!  Use lace on your projects....
For my card I have decided to make an easel card...it's been a while since I last made one and I love how these look!  Papers are K&Company.  I've been seeing quite a few people stamping their images on Kraft cardstock and then coloring.  I thought I would give this a go with my rustic/western theme.  
For my image, I've used Howdy from Sampler Edition #5 by Elisabeth Bell exclusively for SCACD.  My lace is from Wild Orchid Crafts, it's the Natural Cotton Lace.  I've pleated the lace around Howdy and the outside border of the card....love the look this gives.  WOC has LOTS of fantastic lace!!!  Make sure you go and check them out.
Howdy has been colored with Copics on kraft cardstock.  **TIP** One thing I have noticed when coloring on kraft cardstock is that you have to use darker shades of colors.  I wanted light pink but when I started coloring with the original colors I had picked out they didn't even show up on the paper...so make sure you use a darker shade for your wanted colors.  Howdy's belt and tops of her boots have been painted with Copic Opaque White and then gone over with Viva Decor Glitter Liner in Hologram.  The glitter liner was also added to the flowers on her hat and shirt.  Then Viva Decor Cream Pearl Liner was used around the scalloped Oval nestie.
The flowers are all from Wild Orchid and consist of 35mm Wild Rose, 30mm Wild Rose, 25mm Rose, 15mm Roses, 10mm roses, and 6mm closed rosebuds.  Flowers were adhered with Incredibly Tacky Glue.  I am telling this glue is the BEST for adhering flowers!  I used to use glue dots, but after a month the flowers would fall off.  With Incredibly Tacky I no longer have random flowers falling off cards...it's amazing!!! I total must have!  The jewels in the flower arrangement are Light Pink Crystal Drops.  Flowers have been sparklized with diamond stickles.
Here's the bottom panel of the card.  Sentiment is from Verve and nested on top a Labels One die and scalloped oval.  Ribbon is Baby Pink 25mm Organza Ribbon also from Wild Orchid!  They have a fabulous collection of colors.  The bow was created with my Bow Easy.
Corners were decorated with pearls made by my Viva Decor Cream Pearl Pen.

I hope you've enjoyed my lace creation.  Now make sure you head over to the WOC Challenge Blog to see the rest of the DT's amazing creations!!!  And head over to Wild Orchid to get some lace, flowers and to check out all their newest adds...I hear there's lots of bling!

Recipe:
Stamps: Howdy by Elisabeth Bell for SCACD, Thankful Accents (Verve), Cowboy Boot & Cowboy Sentiment (Stampabilities)
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, White Gel Pen,
Copic Colors Used: R02, R11, R20, R32, BG10, BG72, BG75, W3, E00, E11, E13, E21, E33, E99, YR24, Y23,
Papers: K&Company
Tools: Spellbinders - Labels 1, Scallop Ovals, Bow Easy,
Embellishments: Natural Cotton Lace (Wild Orchid), Baby Pink 25mm Organza Ribbon (Wild Orchid), Flowers - 35mm Wild Rose, 30mm Wild Rose, 25mm Rose, 15mm Roses, 10mm roses, and 6mm closed rosebuds (Wild Orchid), Light Pink Crystal Drops (Wild Orchid), Viva Decor Cream Pearl Pen, Viva Decor Glitter Liner in Hologram, Diamond Stickles, Boot Charm,

♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥

Photobucket

9 comments:

cats whiskers said...

Kim this is just beautiful dear, I love it all
Hugs Jacqui xx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so gorgeous Kim, beautiful colours and sweet image.
luv
Debby

Chelsea said...

Hi Kim,
Another gorgeous and pretty card from you.
The lace are so beautiful.
Have a wonderful time at CHA!!! You're so lucky!
Luv,
Chelsea

x laura x said...

wow love the flower arrangement. just beautiful.
x laura x

Renkata said...

Hi Kim,
very sweet and lovely country style card.
Enjoy your trip to Chicago

Manuela said...

Fabulous card Kim! ♥ Loving it.

Hugs,
Manuela

Stampin Mindy said...

Kim,

This is so pretty! I love the lace border and the Cowgirl theme is too cute! I love that charm Boot! Beautiful work!

Hugs!!

Danni said...

Wow!! This is so amazing! your creativity and talent just leave me speechless! Truly a gorgeous card!

sari said...

WOW!! What a gorgeous card!! Love the colors & the details!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...