Monday, August 9, 2010

WOC #3 - One for the Girls!

Happy Monday...are you ready for this fun filled week?  I sure am!  Tomorrow is my LAST DAY OF CLASS!!!  Yay no more summer school....only will be on vacation for a couple weeks but I am definitely going to make the most of them before classes start back up again the beginning of September! Wish me luck tomorrow because it's my big presentation....eeekkk....don't really like presentations....now if it were on coloring with Copics or craft related I would be totally pumped and excited!  lol!

Today is the third challenge over at Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge Blog!  Woo-Hoo!  Thanks again for all of the WONDERFUL enteries....we are all so excited that you like playing along with us!  This week the challenge is "ONE FOR THE GIRLS!"  When I think of girls I think of ruffles, pink, lace, flowers (of course), and lots of bling!  I've incorporated a few of those girlie items into my card!
I haven't gotten a chance to ink up some of the sweet Maggies that have been added to my collection recently so today I thought would be a fun day to use one and show her some love!!!  The layout of this card is inspired by my friend Marti, you can see her amazing card -->here<--...thanks for the inspiration hun!!!  Papers are from MME Meadowlark Collection.  Sentiment is from MFT.
Tilda of course has been colored with Copics.  She's been popped up on top of a SB Labels 10.   The pearls along side Tilda are BRAND NEW over at Wild Orchid Crafts!  I've used the 3mm Silver/Black Pearls and 5mm Silver/Black Pearls.  Paul and Siri have an amazing selection of colors to pick from!!!  You really need to check them out!
Then there is the flower arrangment.  When I got my latest DT packet from WOC these Coral Wild Roses spoke to me right away...and with all the pearls I just had to fancy up the Wild Roses with pearls too...so I put 3mm white pearls on the two Wild Roses...love the look it gives too!  Finishing up the collection are 15mm white roses (that have been airbrushed to a light peach), white Aster Daisy (that also has been airbrushed to a light peach), and white Gypsophila.  All flowers have been glitzed up with Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist.  Then I took a Sizzix swirl die and cut some acetate swirls and used VIVA Decor precious metal paint in mother of pearl to add shimmer to the swirls and placed them on the top of my flower arrangement.

**If you like this card make sure you stop back tomorrow to see the gift set that this lovely Tilda goes with!**

$HOPPING ALERT....As mentioned in my post today make sure you check out all of the new self adhesive pearls at Wild Orchid Crafts.  Then are you looking for some wonderful holiday paper...head over to SCACD and check out the new Kaisercraft pads that Susana has in stock as well as SB foils, Perfect Pearls Mica Sets, and check out the sale on Prima and Petaloo flowers!

Challenge I would like to enter this card in:
Just Magnolia - Use Acetate

Recipe:
Stamps: Lady Tilda (Magnolia), Essential Sentiments (My Favorite Things)
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, White Gel Pen,
Copic Colors Used: E000, E00, E11, E21, E25, E31, E50, E93, E95, YR000, YR00, YR01, YR02, W3, YG13, YG17, YG23, R02, R11, R12, R14
Papers: MME Meadowlark Collection, Acetate
Tools: SB Labels 10, SB Dahlia, word window and modern label punches (SU),
Embellishments:  Viva Decor Precious Metal in mother of pearl, Coral Wild Roses, 3mm white pearls, 15mm white roses, white Aster Daisy, white Gypsophila, 3mm Silver/Black Pearls, 5mm Silver/Black Pearls (Wild Orchid Crafts), Glimmer Mist, dolie.

♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥

Photobucket

12 comments:

Renkata said...

Kim your card is so romantic and beautiful.
Love the colours on her dress and wow her hair is so gorgous.
Great colouring dear.

Lena Katrine said...

Hi sweetie! What a fab creation!!! I really like that fancy colour combo!! The cute image is coloured so beautifully, and the flower arrangement and the other details looks fantastic!!!

I'm back to work today, after my summer holliday...urgh...
But wishing you a happy day, hun!
Hugs, Lena

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

beautiful, lkove the color combo!

Becky said...

This is gorgeous, love the design paper you used for this and love the sketch.

Shake said...

Hey kim!
This black and orange card is sweet!

Hugs, Albert

Kerry said...

Gorgeous card Kim. I love this image and her hair is just coloured so beautifully - I am so jealous, lol. Great layout too!
Love Kerry xxx

Paula said...

The colours are tremendous & I love what you have done with the pearls. This is such a good example of CASing as I had to look again to make sure I was looking at what had inspired you but saw it then. GREAT. Stonishing work with those pearls.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

maxine said...

WOW a stunning card

Danni said...

Wonderful card, so pretty!

TaraG said...

This is absolutely STUNNING, Kim. I love the black and white with a touch of peach it is so eye-catching and pretty! The layout is fabulous too...I always love your fab card designs! This sure is a girly girl card...love sweet Tilda and all the yummy pearls and gorgeous flowers...I am so inspired to join in the WOC challenge! I can now that I have some WOC in my stash, thanks to you and your enabling,lol!!!! Love the pearls added to the roses too that is such a great idea. Love everything about this card, hun! Stunning!
Hugs,t

Mary Lou said...

AMAZING Kim!!! Just love her hair color:)
Also great idea with the pearls on the flower petals.
Your creativity is beyond beautiful!!
Blesssings and Hugz
Mom

Kathy said...

Beautiful card Kim!!! Love the black and white with the splash of pretty peach!!! Love all your details and gorgeous image!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Just Magnolia and have a great week-end :)Kathy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...