Monday, August 23, 2010

WOC #4 Let's Sparkle & Stamps and Smiles Release Day 1

Hello Friends....are you ready to start this week of jam packed FUN?  I hope so because I have loads of projects to share with you....and lots of new stamps you are going to WANT to see....trust me....they are all adorable!

To start....this week at Wild Orchid Crafts, Bev has a very fun challenge for us...Let's Make It Sparkle!  Sparkle....Bling....those are words that will ALWAYS be associated with my work as I am a total girly girl and LOVE BLING!!!!  Today is also the First Day of previews of the new stamp sets over at Stamps and Smiles!  Today we are previewing two of the new 10 sets....Fun in the Sun AND Home Baked Goodies!  Bear with me as I have LOTS of photos to share with you today....and the rest of the week :)

First I will share with you Fun in the Sun....which also happens to be my card for the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge....I've added lots of bling to my flowers here!
The layout I've used is from the sketch over at Sketch Saturday.  I've used papers on this card and Basic Grey Nook & Pantry3mm Yellow/Gold Self Adhesive pearls within my punched border.
This cutie pie was of course colored with Copics and accented with a white gel pen.  This was my first time trying to achieve a reflection in the water and am very pleased with my first time!  The background has been airbrushed with my Copic ABS.
Now for the fun flowers....of course from Wild Orchid Crafts!  Arrangement consists of 35mm Wild Rose, 20mm Roses (that began white and were airbrushed red to match the card), 10mm Roses (again airbrushed to match the yellow in the papers), 8mm semi-open roses, Gypsophila, and Red Crystal Stems.  Flowers have been sparklized with Star Dust Stickles and some flowers have been accented with 3mm Pearls.
From this view you can see more of the sparkles on the flowers, and you can also see how I made the water in the pool look real! :)  The key is to use diamond glaze

Now for the preview of Home Baked Goodies....where I have also used lots of Sparkle:
Instead of making a traditional card, I have made a cute card/folder.  This would be perfect to give as a gift with your homemade recipes instead....which is why I have created some recipe cards for the inside of this cutie.  Papers again are the Basic Grey Nook & Pantry collection
Our fun bakery girl was colored with Copics and accented with a white gel pen.  Image has been cute out with my Circle nesties and popped up on the Big scallop circle.  Then I used my Viva Decor Ice White Pearl Pen and customized the pearls along the edge.
Again we have flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts!  Arrangement consists of a Gardenia, 20mm Roses, 10mm Roses, and 4mm closed rosebuds.  These flowers have been sparklized with Star Dust Stickles as well.  Can you tell star dust is my favorite color of stickles?  hee hee!
Here is the inside of my recipe folder which houses the blank recipe cards awaiting your homemade recipes!
From this angle you can see the sparkles on the flowers, as well as the shimmer and sparkle on the tops of the punched cupcake border.  I used my Illuminate Smooch and "frosted" the cupcakes for some extra sparkles!
And one more view of the folder and recipe cards!  I hope you have enjoyed Day 1 of the Stamps and Smiles Release!  Don't forget to head over to the Stamps and Smiles Blog to see what the other DT Girls have made!

***Blog Candy Reminder***Don't forget that Susana has some AMAZING candy being offered over at the SCACD Blog....and starting TOMORROW you will be able to see the sneek peeks of the new stamps being released there! :)

Fun In the Sun:
Copic Colors Used: R02, R05, R24, R27, R29, W3, Y11, Y15, Y18, Y23, E000, E00, E11, E21, E99, YG01, YG03, YG07, YG17, YG45, YG67, G02, G07, G12, G16, YR24, B00, B21, B24, B91, B93, B95
Challenges I would like to enter:
Sketch Saturday - sketch
Copic Creations - Reflections

Home Baked Goodies:
Copic Colors Used: C0, C1, C3, C5, W3, W5, W7, E000, E00, E11, E17, E18, E19, E21, E30, E31, E34, E35, YR00, YG0000, YG11, G14, R02, R08, R46, R59, B21, B24, B28

♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥

Photobucket

16 comments:

Renkata said...

yeeeppppyyyy the pyyyyyyyppppyyyy
hehehe I don't know why, but when i saw your cute cards just that come from my mouth :)

Jennifer said...

Kim- lovely cards! I LOVE the reflection you put in the pool. Oh I got my catalogs, thank you so much. So when you going to come to MN?

*Michaela* said...

SUPER cute!!!! The colors are faaabulous! YOu don't see many people using bright colors, but it always brings a smile on my face - such happy cards. Love it!
Hugs,
Michaela

Patricia Garcia said...

Fun, Fun, cards! Pretty coloring and great color choices!!

Hugs,
Patricia

Kerry said...

Super cute cards and projects Kim, they make me smile. I love the fun image. You have been busy!

Love Kerry xxx

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful samples Kim - WOW! LOVE the fun recipe folder, I guess we were both on the same page!! Your coloring for your samples are amazing, super fun & cheery!! I am blown away with your coloring, as always its BEAUTIFUL!!!

Have a fun day, see you tomorrow ~ Hugs & Smiles, Jennifer :)

PS Enjoy the other stamp release too!! :)

Riet said...

So beautiful cards Kim,I love the images and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Rose said...

fantastic girl :) love your coloring and the recipe idea!!!

Rose said...

Stunning Kim!! I really love that Recipe Folder, so cute!!

Mary Lou said...

My gosh How Fun and lively you made these adorable stamps!!!
Great idea with recipe cards--we need those for our craft bazaars :)
Great reflection try--can't wait til tomorrow to see more fun fun fun!!
Love
Mom

Mrs B said...

OMG! What cute cards! I love the recipe card idea! and your coloring is super! I will have to get a Copic AB system.....
CindyB

Sue from Oregon said...

Such fun and vibrant colors you have used for these great images! Darling recipe project too!

Cheryl said...

VEry cute! Thanks for joining in on the reflection challenge!

Lilian said...

Your coloring is just awesome! I love your recipe card - very cute idea! Thanks for joining th Copic Creations challenge!

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Such adorable cards. Your reflections card is so bright and happy, and you did a great job with your reflection. Thanks for joining our Copic Creations Challenge!

Katie Cotton said...

cute cute images! And i LOVE those flowers! Thanks so much for playing along in the copic creations challenge with us!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...