Monday, October 18, 2010

WOC #8 - Pastels

Happy Monday!  I hope you all have a wonderful week!  Today it's Wild Orchid Craft Challenge day!  Our challenge this week is to use pastels!  This really was a challenge for me, as I don't think I know how to color "light" with copics...lol!  My coloring usually is bold colors, but I did have fun and my Copic Blender Pen sure got a work out! 
When I sat down to make this card I saw the little bird cage sitting on my desk and thought how lovely it would look decorated with some WOC flowers, and that was when I remembered my New Home by Victoria Case for SCACD stamp that had a cute birdie and birdhouse and the gift set just came together!  Gotta love when that happens!
I've used Memory Box Gossamer papers, I so loved how the one piece has the beautiful tree on it, which went with my whole theme so well.  Swirls are made using my Magnolia Doohicky Die and then I added 3mm pearls to accent them.  The Guipure lace is from the fabulous WOC!
This beauty has been colored with Copics and accented with a white gel pen.  I used the technique where I took my blender pen and picked up color from my G40 Copic to make the lightest green color.  I've also used my Sakura star dust pen to accent the swirls on her dress.  The sky has been airbrushed with my ABS!  And then this cutie was popped up on a SB beaded oval!
Flowers are from the fabulous WOC, I so love the variety of colors that Wild Orchid has!  Flower arrangement consists of 25mm Wild Roses, 15mm roses, 10mm roses, 8mm semi-opened roses, 4mm closed rosebuds, and Gypsophilas.  Flowers have been accented with 3mm pearls.
The cage has been accented with 20mm roses and then I added two types of ribbon for the bow on top.
The inside has 12 blank mini note cards and envelopes.  I hope you've enjoyed this fun project!  Now head over to the WOC Challenge blog to see the other fantastic creations that the DT have cooked up!

Challenge I would like to enter:
Copic Creations - Colorless Blender Tricks
 

Blog Candy Alert...my good friend Courtney of Created By Courtney is cleaning out her craft room and has some AMAZING BLOG CANDY up for grabs!  Click -->HERE<-- to go and take a peek and enter to win some wonderful items!


Recipe:
Stamps: New Home by Victoria Case for SCACD ,  Essential Sentiments (MFT)
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, White Gel Pen,
Copic Colors Used: Grass: YG11, YG17, YG67, Tree & Birdhouse: E21, E35, E37, E59, G20, G24, G28, R22, R46, Bird: B000, B02, B06, YR12, Flowers: R83, R85, R89, Hair: E33, E53, E57, E59, Skin: E000, E00, E11, R02, Dress: G40, G82, RV32, RV91, Blender, Shading: W3,
Papers: Memory Box Gossamer papers
Tools: SB beaded oval, MS border punch, word window punch, modern label punch,
Embellishments: 3mm and 5mm pearls, Guipure lace, 25mm Wild Roses, 15mm roses, 10mm roses, 8mm semi-opened roses, 4mm closed rosebuds, Gypsophilas, 20mm roses


♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥
Photobucket

12 comments:

Paula said...

This is so pretty Kim & delightfully pretty. I can't get over how much you manage to do as well as your studying. All the best for the exam.
Much love
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Kim Piggott said...

Oh my Kim this is such beautifully stunning work!
Amazing!
hugs
kim x

Riet said...

So wonderful Kim,I love the image and your papers.
So gorgeous details.

Hugs Riet.x

Danni said...

You are so creative!! What beautiful creations!! Amazing!

Suzanne J Dean said...

Gorgeous! Dang, makes me wish spring was on its way, lol--I don't like the cold so much :) Love all the pretty details and sweet birdcage!

hugz,
Suzanne

Mary Lou said...

Spectacular Kim!!! reminds me of you when you were little--soft and sweet-and you still are :0)
Beautiful papers and love your airbrushing:)
Love
Mom

Aud said...

Wow, this is stunning! So gorgeous !♥ Fabulous!

Hugs,
Aud

MmSs said...

Oh, Kim this is so pretty. I just love these colors and the bird cage is absolutely amazing... Well, I'm totally addicted to them (used in scrapbook pages or layouts.. in every kind of cards and other creative projects) but I really, really love your 'real' :) cage...
XOXO
Maria

Jane Wetzel said...

your coloring is awesome and I too love that Memory box dp- very pretty here! Adorable image and card with cage! :)

Sharon in Arizona said...

Hi Kim - Love your adorable card, you did a beautiful job with the colors and embellishments - I also like the cage very much, especially after you added your special touches. Do you remember where you got it? If you do, please let me know at smarch@wildblue.net. Thanks!! Hugs, Sharon :o)

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Gorgeous coloring and I love all those beautiful flowers!! Beautiful card!! That cage is really fun too!!

mycardz said...

Hi Kim! Wow, what a stunner!! Love this image and your awesome coloring. We really NEED to get together some day considering how close we live!! Awesome job on this challenge! So glad you could join us at Copic Creations!! hugz, Mary

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...