Monday, November 29, 2010

WOC #11 - Victorian/Old Fashion Christmas

Hello~  I hope all my U.S. Friends had a lovely Thanksgiving...I know we sure did at my house....well besides hubby being extremely busy with work.  I got to spend the day with my Grandparents and the night with my other Grandparents so that was a wonderful day!  As I said the other day my Mom and I had our last craft show of the season on Saturday and it went very well...especially for our first time at this show. 

I'm sending a special thank you to all of you who answered my computer question last week!  I have purchased a Clickfree and it should be here soon!  I can't wait to get it!!! :)

Now onto crafty stuff.....it's Monday...and you know what that means.....it's Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge day!  Yippy!  This week our challenge for you is to create a Victorian or Old Fashion Christmas creation.  
 I've tried to add a Victorian twist to my card...but I think it came out more Old Fashioned so I guess that works!  LOL!  When I sat down to create my card I immediately knew I wanted to use one of my SCACD Carmen Medlin stamps...I absolutely love the "realness" in thse images and Winter Walk is the one that I thought would be perfect for this card.  Papers are from Bo Bunny Noel Collection.  I love the vintage feel that the big snowflake gives....this actually was a floral pick that I got at JoAnn's the other day.   Pearls in the upper right hand corner were made with my Viva Decor Gold Pearl Pen (these lovelies are on sale at SCACD right now...great time to stock up!)
 Winter Walk was colored with Copics.  I've used my SB Labels 14 to cut her out....and while the image was still in the nestie I took my Ranger Inkssentials blending tool and Brilliance Gold ink and blended the gold around the image.  Love the antiqueness this adds to the image.  Plus the ink gives a lovely subtle shimmer.
 Flowers are from the fabulous Wild Orchid Crafts!  I've used 40mm Hybrid Tea Rose, 20mm roses, 15mm roses, red stamens, and 8mm semi-open roses.  All flowers have been shimmered with Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist and then sparkalized with Gold Stickles.

Now make sure you head over to the WOC Challenge Blog to see the fabulous creations the other girls have created!

Recipe:
Stamps: Winter Walk by Carmen Medlin for SCACD, ___ (SU)
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, Brilliance Gold
Copic Colors Used: Skin: E000, E00, E11, R02, R20, R81, Shading: W3, Hair: YR21, YR24, E99, Skirt: R20, R24, R46, R89, 100, Shirt & Scarf: R20, R22, R24, R46, R89, YG93, YG97, YG99, Boots: E25, E29, E53, Bird: E53, E59, W3
Papers: Bo Bunny Noel Collection
Tools: SB Labels 14, Inkssential Blending Tool, Scalloped Oval Punch (SU), MS Holly Leaf, MS Snowflake punch
Embellishments: 40mm Hybrid Tea Rose, 20mm roses, 15mm roses, red stamens, 8mm semi-open roses,    Gold Stickles, Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist, Viva Decor Gold Pearl Pen, Floral Snowflake Pick.

**SHOPPING ALERT**
Since the Exclusive SCACD Stamp Sale was so well received, Susana decided to run it again with a twist:SUPER STAMP SALE - Between Nov. 27th thru Dec. 4th Buy ANY SCACD Exclusive Set OR 4 of ANY SCACD Exclusive stamps and get ONE free stamp from the Exclusive SCACD stamp line - SUSANA'S CHOICE. SCACD Exclusives stamps are those designed by Elisabeth Bell, Victoria Case, Carmen Medlin and (Anki in the US only) You can find them -->HERE<--.
International Friends....Please note Elaine (the SCACD Sister store) is throwing a similar SCACD sale so check it out at her store Quixotic Paperie -->HERE<--!!!

ALL Sales run thru December the 4th....and if that wasn't enough fun:
CHECK OUT THERE FUN ITEMS THAT ARE ALSO ON SALE:
25% OFF ALL Krafting Kimmies Stamps - note Halloween are 50%OFF – HERE
25% OFF ALL Petaloo and Prima Flowers – HERE & HERE20% OFF Selected Holiday Lockhart Stamps - HERE15% OFF Selected Winter Holiday Papers 6 x 6 - HERE
15% OFF ALL Viva Décor Pearl Pens – HERE
Holy Moly....FREE STAMPS and now TONS of SALE ITEMS....I hope you all enjoy shopping at SCACD...remember you only have until December 4th!!!  Happy Shopping!!! 
 
♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥
Photobucket

11 comments:

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card Kim, beautiful image and details.
luv
Debby

Paula said...

Well it's definitely Victorian in book - the colours & the image with the amazing detail. Love that holly border matted onto the burgundy & the image is perfect for this. Glad the Craft Fiar went well for both of you.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Chris said...

Absolutely beautiful Kim and such amazing colouring and design! Glad your craft sale went well. Hugs, Chris

karlinchen50 said...

Hello your card is stunning.
The image is beautifully colored and I like the colors.
Beautiful!
Hugs Karla

Becky said...

This is stunning girl! Gorgeous colors and coloring.

Renkata said...

ohhh Kim I am so happy that I visit you today, your card is so romantic and beautiful. I do have this image, now I really want to ink it up and coloured.
Thanks for sharing.

Christina C. said...

This is a heart stopper, Kim! Love this wonderful old-world vintage look.....you captured it magnificently.

Riet said...

So beautiful card Kim,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Gorgeous Kim!! Love your coloring of this beautiful image!! The colors and details are so festive! Stunning card!!

Billie A said...

Your card is beautiful, love the coloring for it you do an awesome job with the coloring and putting depth in it.
I think you will like the clickfree I am so happy with mine and it's save heartache so that is a good thing.

TaraG said...

Absolutely stunning, hun! I love this image she is soooo beautiful and your colouring is so rich and gorgeous...fab-u-lous! I love these papers and they are perfect for this challenge. I really love the shimmery and sparkly roses they are just divine. Totally in love with this card!
Hope you are keeping well!
Big Hugs,t

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...