Sunday, January 9, 2011

WOC #14 - Bev's Sketch

Hi Everyone~

Hope you are all doing wonderfully!  I'm sure you are all wondering where in the heck I have been...well I stated my internship right after Christmas and it is going amazing!  I am truly LOVING my job!!!  It sure does make a difference when you love what you are doing every day...I actually want to get up and go to work....LOVE that feeling....sure makes the schooling all worth it now!  However that's not the reason that I have been gone....the reason is that I was having some computer problems so I took my laptop into the shop....the fan kept running on it very loud and I was worried something was going to happen.  The repair shop couldn't find anything wrong with it so I got it back last weekend.  Used it on friday and saturday and then on sunday morning I got up and wanted to do some blog surfing while drinking on chai.  My computer would NOT turn on!  The power light lit up and then immediately went off!  I tried ALL DAY to get the computer to turn on and it wouldn't.  So Monday back to the shop it went.  They pulled the whole computer apart and on Wednesday I got the call that the computer was JUNK!  The computer over heated and melted the brian of the computer!  So Friday hubby took me computer shopping....and he let me get a MacBook!!!  I am soooo excited!

I've always said I would never switch to a Mac, but after my Mom got her Mac a few months ago it looks so easy and way friendly to use!  So tonight I got to go and pick it up from the store (we had them set it up for us!)  I am sooooo happy to be back in blogland again!

So without further ado, I would love to share my Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge card from last week with you!  I had the card done in time but the computer decided to NOT turn on the day I needed to upload it...then my Mom's computer went on the fritz too...so now I can finally share my creation with you!
My Mom absolutely LOVES Magnolia stamps so for Christmas this is the card that I made for her and my Dad!  I used the Bo Bunny Winter Joy collection...I so love these papers!
Tilda of course was colored with Copics and accented with a White Gel Pen.  I used my Illuminate Smooch on the lace and sash on her apron!
Of course my flowers are from the fabulous Wild Orchid Crafts!  My arrangement consists of a 40mm Tea Rose, 20mm roses, 15mm roses, 10mm roses, 4mm closed rosebuds, and silver padded snowflakes.
The tage was made using my Magnolia Doo-Hickey die along with the Verve Glad Tiding set.  The snowflakes were stamped with Versamark and then embossed with white ep!  Flowers are 20mm roses, 15mm roses, 4mm closed rosebuds, sliver padded snowflakes and then flowers were dressed up using 3mm self adhesive pearls.

I hope you have enjoyed my crafty creation!  I hope to have another real soon to share with you!!! I'm out of town this week at training for my job....I'll have to pack some crafty fun in my bag to color and create at night in my hotel room!!! :)

Don't Forget to check out the SCACD Facebook Fan Page for some fun on Monday!!!!
Make sure you head over to the SCACD Store as Susana has gotten A LOT of new goodies for the New Year!!!

Recipe:
Stamps: Santa's Helper Tilda (Magnolia), Glad Tiding (Verve)
Copic Colors Used:
Papers: Bo Bunny Winter Joy Collection
Tools: MS branch punch, Bow Easy, Magnolia Doo-Hickey Die, EK Success wide punch,
Embellishments: are 20mm roses15mm roses, 4mm closed rosebudssliver padded snowflakes and then flowers were dressed up using 3mm self adhesive pearls40mm Tea Rose, doily, white ep, charm,  ribbon, silver cord,

♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥
Photobucket

9 comments:

Crystal said...

Hi Kim this is SOOOO ADORABLE, LOVE this image and your AWESOME coloring!! So glad to hear you LOVE your new job sweetie, hope you had a fantastic weekend!

Mary Lou said...

Oh Kim~~ we do love this christmas card!! I display it with pride next to my baby xmas tree and winter scene on my big bowed window --Thanks so much!!! Glad you like your new job and computer:)
You work is truly AMAZING!!!
Love Mom

Cami said...

Hi Kim! Beautiful Christmas card in my favorite (this year) Bo Bunny Winter Joy DPs! Your coloring is fab and I love how you did the folds in her dress! So striking! Hugs, Cami

Rach said...

Hiya Kim,
I am so so happy that you are enjoying your work.. :)
and i am also loving your gorgeous card, it is so striking. love it..
xxx

Renkata said...

Hi Kim,
your post make me happy and make me thing too.....
You are right when you love your work it's just amazing feeling......
Wow I lost this feeling somewhere on the road, maybe is time for change :)..........
Any way you card today is simply amazing . Love all the flowers and the colours combo on Tilda is so delightful.
Have a great week.
Hug's
Renkata

debby4000 said...

Wonderful, gorgeous card Kim.
luv
Debby

Kerry said...

Hi Kim,

I hope you had a great Christmas and New Year!

I am so glad you are enjoying your new job.

Sweet card, love the colours and image is coloured beautifully. I bet your Mom loved it!

Love Kerry xxx

Billie A said...

Your card is just darling love the colors and all the details. Great.

Did you ever get the clickfree for your computer?? I sure hope so and you got all your important info back. I swear by mine as I needed it also and it was such a lifesaver.

Basslady said...

your card is a real eye-candy!

these wonderful flowers make it even more delightful!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...