Monday, January 31, 2011

WOC #16 - Love

Happy Monday Friends!  For all of you at CHA..I am so jealous...oh how I would love to be there! But instead I am here in snowy Wisconsin...headed to school this morning to my Auditing class to take my quiz on the 10 Audit Standards....then it's off to work in the afternoon!

WOW how times goes by soooo fast....I can't believe it's already time for another Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge! Thanks to everyone who played along with our last challenge...it was so fun seeing all of your lovely creations!   The challenge this week is to create a LOVE THEMED creation!  I do love playing with all of my flowers and this challenge topic was a lot of fun!!!
 I decided to make a love themed card....but instead of using the traditional pink and red for a love card I went with some non-traditional colors and love how this cutie turned out!  Papers are from MME and Bo Bunny.  Guipure Lace is from Wild Orchid and I used my Copics to airbrush the lace to give it a soft brown and purple hue to match my card.
 Fairydust Tilda was colored with Copics and then accented with a white gel pen.  She was cut out with an oval SB and then popped up onto a SB Beaded Oval.  The beaded oval was then accented with Self Adhesive Rhinestones from the fantastic Wild Orchid!  You need to check out all of the amazing colors that Wild Orchid has in stock!!!
 The heart is another Maggie stamp from the Raising the Ceiling collection that has been colored with Copics and then I took one of my Verve Sentiments and stamped the saying inside.  Finished the ribbon hole with a brown rhinestone for some bling!  You know you can NEVER have too much bling on a card! LOL!  The heart has been finished off with some WOC flowers that contain a hip rosebud (that I airbrushed to match my color scheme) and two 5mm closed rosebuds.
 Flowers are all from WOC!  Arrangement one consists of a small flat gardenia that has been layered on top of a flat hydrangea bloom 20mm roses, and 5mm closed rosebuds.
 Arrangement 2 consists of a curly wild rose, small flat hydrangea blooms accented with brown rhinestones, 15mm roses, and 5mm closed rosebuds.
Finally the upper left hand corner was decorated with some teeny tiny butterflies and a dragon-fly that was made with my Doo-hicky die!  I hope you've enjoyed my "non-traditional" love themed card!  I got some more crafty fun coming up for you this week so make sure you stop back....*wink wink* there might also be some candy to be given away too!!!!

Challenge I would like to enter:
Just Magnolia - Going Dotty

***Shopping News***...SCACD is reopened today so make sure you head over and get the goodies you've been eyeing up while Susana was away at CHA! :)

Recipe:
Stamps: Fairydust Tilda (Magnolia), Heart (Magnolia), Thankful Hearts (Verve),
InksMemento Tuxedo Black, Copics, White Gel Pen,
Copic Colors Used: Skin: E000, E00, E11, R02, R11, Shading: W3, C3, Pants: V91, V95, V99, Shirt: V000, C00, C1, C3, Socks: V000, V93, Hair: E49, E53, E57, E59, Heart Ruffle: V91, V97, V99, Heart inside: E34, E50, E53, Heart Bow: V0000, V91, V95
Papers: Lost & Found Collection (MME), Bo Bunny Winter Joy Collection,
Tools: oval SB and then popped up onto a SB Beaded Oval, Doo-Hicky Die (Magnolia), MS butterfly punch,
Embellishments: curly wild rose, 15mm roses, 5mm closed rosebuds, small flat gardenia, flat hydrangea blooms 20mm roses, a hip rosebud, Guipure Lace, Self Adhesive Rhinestones

♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥
Photobucket

16 comments:

Crystal said...

AWWW Kim this is just sooo precious, I LOVE these colors, and Tilda looks darling!! Gorgeous card hun!

Justine said...

This is so beautiful, love all the wonderful details and photos

Renkata said...

hi KIm, wow this card is full with amazing details.
Such a magical card.

Elise said...

Oh my goodness Kim! This is absolutely STUNNING! I love love love the vintagey feel I get from this, and the colours are just gorgeous!!! Your details are AMAZING, and all those flowers ... sigh .. breathtaking!!!

Hugs,
Elise

Paula said...

Beautiful card - I really love this color scheme! All of it is perfect!

debby4000 said...

Stunning and gorgeous Kim.
luv
Debby

Michelle said...

Very cute card!

Colleen Holmes said...

Gorgeous, elegant, wowzer!! Love your Tilda, designing and coloring...awesome card!Hugz, Colleen

Riet said...

So wonderful card Kim,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.x

Nancy said...

Absolutely beautiful!

De Roelies said...

what a lovely card

Stampin'Piper said...

What a great card! I love the colors, well done!

Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketchers this week!

Hugs Tanja

Marion said...

Hi Kim, This card is just so gorgeous. So much pretty detail and wonderful colour combo. Adorable little Tilda.
hugs
Marion

Mary Lou said...

Another Beauty my Dear!!! Love your clever color scheme thinking:) Just the perfect sweet touch of embellies!!
Hang in there with school and work and soon school will be over~~Then we will CELEBRATE!!!
Love-- Mom

Kathy said...

Everything about this is gorgeous!!! The color combination is so pretty and this image is darling! I love all your gorgeous details too!! Beautiful card!
:)Kathy

Dena said...

Hey girlie!!! This card is simply stunning!!! Your coloring is out of this world!!! love the color choice!!
Thanks for joining the Just Magnolia "Going Dotty" challenge!
Hugs, Dena

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...