Monday, February 14, 2011

WOC #17 & MAMM

Happy Monday and Happy Valentine's Day to you all!  I hope you get to spend the day with your loved ones!  My hubby is one his way to a convention in Vegas so I am bummed that I will be home instead...studying away for all of my exams this week!  Anyways enough of that.....Today I have lots of fun for you! It's the 2nd Monday of the month so that means at SCACD we Make a Mess Monday for you and it's also Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge Day too!  Woo-Hoo!  Double excitement here!
 The Make a Mess Girls at SCACD are happy to bring to you a fun challenge!  Our challenge this month is to create our own background paper!  I got my idea from the newest Paper Crafts Magazine edition.  I used my Cuttlebug, an embossing folder, Copics and Illuminate Smooch!  The panel that Lilia is popped up on is my end result and I absolutely love it!   The Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge this week is a Sketch Challenge by the wonderfully talented Bev!  I so LOVE this sketch that Bev has created for us!!!  Papers are from the amazing Memory Box Jubilee Collection.  The gorgeous bow was made using the NEW Seam Binding and my Bow Easy!
 Lilia is the fairy that is in the latest Carmen Medlin for SCACD set called Reflections #2!  If you haven't gotten your set what are you waiting for!  This set is absolutely amazing and gorgeous!  My flower arrangement is made with flowers from the fabulous Wild Orchid Crafts!  Arrangement consists of one of the NEW COLORED Hellebores, the NEW COLORED Poppies, 15mm roses, 10mm roses, pearl stamens, and the swirls were hand made by me with the Self Adhesive Rhinestones!  I love how easy it is to create my own rhinestone flourishes!
Lilia was colored with Copics and accented with a white gel pen.  Her wings were glitterized with Star Dust Stickles.  The edging of her skirt was glammed up with Illuminate Smooch!  In this view you can also see my handmade background paper!  After running the white piece of paper through my Cuttlebug with my embossing folder (Susana has some AMAZING NEW Embossing folders at the store that you NEED to check out!!!)  I then colored the raised parts with my Copics and afterward topped it off with Illuminate Smooch to add the shimmer effect!  I so love how fun and easy this was to create that unique and perfectly matching one of a kind paper!  I hope you will give this a go, and please leave me a link with your creation so I can come and check out your paper!!!! :)

Recipe:
Stamps: Lilia by Carmen Medlin for SCACD
Inks:Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, White Gel Pen,
Copic Colors Used: Hair: Y32, YR24, E99, Skin: E000, E00, E11, R02, R11, Dress/Wings: R000, R00, R20, R22, B0000, B000, B00, B02, Shading: C3, W3, Flower: V01, V15, V17, YG03, YG17
Papers: Memory Box Jubilee Collection
Tools: Bow Easy, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, MS butterfly punch, EK Success border punch,
Embellishments:Seam Binding, COLORED Hellebores, COLORED Poppies, 15mm roses, 10mm roses, pearl stamens, Self Adhesive Rhinestones, Star Dust Stickles, Illuminate Smooch,

♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥
Photobucket

7 comments:

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous Kim, love it.
luv
Debby

Lynne said...

A beautiful card. Such gorgeous pretty pastel colours and lots of lovely flowers, sets the image off perfecly.

Susana M said...

Hey Kim
Fab card and such a simple technique that lends to alot of POP!!!
Hearts and Hugs
Susana

Renkata said...

Very pretty card.
Great papers. Fantastic layout Kim.

Danni said...

What a stunning and oh so beautiful card!! Fabulous job!

Mary Lou said...

Sweet Sweet card Kim!! Superb background and not tooo difficult :)
the colors are soo very springy~~just what we need this time of year!!
Study hard girl~~You can do it!!!!
Good luck with tests and hope your sweetie is having fun and winning us lots of $$$ with the $1 dad gave him~~Hee hee
Love you lots

Alex said...

This really is beautiful Kim. I love the background paper you created. So clever and I can see myself trying this sometime!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...