Monday, March 28, 2011

Happy Monday!  I hope you all had an amazing weekend...I spent a lot of my weekend working on homework!  Boo!  Fortunately I did get some fun time in too!  Hubby and I went car shopping some more Saturday afternoon...I think we have our search narrowed down to a 2011 Hyundai Sonata limited!  WOW did I love that car...I can't wait until the day we go and purchase it now!  Saturday night we also went to see the new country duo Thompson Square!  OMG they are amazing.... I love their music!!!

Seeing how it's Monday....it's another Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge Day!  Yippy!!!  Again, I want to thank each and every one of you who played along with our last challenge!  See almost 600 entries is so amazing!!!!  We really appreciate your entries!  This week we have another fun challenge for you....Bev has created a beautiful sketch for your creations this week!  
I've made a post it note holder.  I'm making these for the girls that I work with!  You can find the tutorial here.  I've used the fabulous Cameo Rose by Elisabeth Bell for SCACD.  Isn't she beautiful?!  Papers are from MME Stella Rose Hattie collection!
 Here you can see how I've used Bev's sketch.   On the upper panel I've used the gorgeous Wild Orchid Craft ivory daisy chain lace.  In the bottom right hand corner you will see a silver metal corner filigree.  I absolutely LOVE these...they add the perfect vintage feel to the card. 
 Miss. Cameo Rose was colored with Copics.  The swirls in the frame were colored with Copic Spicas for a fun glittery effect.  She was cut out using a SB Labels 9 and airbrushed the edging with my Copic ABS.  Speaking of Spellbinders...Susana has the BRAND NEW DIES in stock!!! Click -->here<-- to go and check them out!
 Flowers are the beautiful Wild Orchid flowers!  Arrangement consists of a Classic Sweet Rose, 25mm Hybrid Tea Roses (that were airbrushed to match my blues), 15mm roses, Hip Rosebuds, 4mm Closed Rosebuds, and Pearl Sprays.  
Here you can see the holder where the post it note pad will go.  I have 3 more of these to make yet...so be on the look out for a few more of these to show up on my blog! :)  Now make sure you head over to the WOC Challenge Blog to see Bev's wonderful sketch!!!

******************************************************

**Shopping News** At SCACD Susana has the SEW EASY tools back IN STOCK!  There are MANY NEW products which include: 

*******************************************************
Click -->HERE<-- find out how YOU CAN WIN a set of the BRAND NEW COPIC SKETCH MARKER COLORS!!!!
 
♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥
Photobucket

8 comments:

CraftinGranny said...

Another gorgeous project Kim!! Thanks for the link to the tutorial. Your coloring is awesome as always and you've aced the sketch. Congrats on the new car! Be sure to show us a pic. "Hugs" Carol (Granny)

Renkata said...

wow Kim, this is utterly gorgeous card.
What an amazing layout!

Crystal said...

WOW Kim totally GORGEOUS creation hun, I LOVE these colors, and the box design for the easel is FABULOUS!!! Beautiful in every way!!! Happy Monday! Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

Riet said...

So beautiful Kim,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.xx

Danni said...

Gorgeous! Neat idea for the post it note holder. Fabulous!

Mary Lou said...

Dear Kim~~this is Gorgeous!!! I know that your friends at work will absolutely love this--as we all need post its at hand :)
Love the color combo you used here~~Blue and yellow very cheery!!! Your coloring is PERFECT~~just like a pro!!!
Hugz of Love
Mom

CraftyC said...

Wow Kimm, this is gorgeous. Love the vibrant colours and a great gift idea!
Clairexx

Elise said...

Kim .. wow! This is incredibly gorgeous! I love the bold bright colors along with the beautiful flowers and lace! Wow wow wow!!!

Hugs,
Elise

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...