Monday, April 11, 2011

WOC #21 - WINGS

Happy Monday!  I hope you all had a fantastic weekend....I had the weekend off as it was my best friend's bridal shower on Saturday....and I am standing up in her wedding....so I got to spend the day with her!  The shower was so fun!!!

Today is another fabulous Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge!!!  Our challenge for you this week is to create a project with WINGS!!!  We have put together some additional rules for entrants:

1.  At least one WOC product must be used 
2.  An entry can only be combined with 2 other challenges.  

Unfortunately those not following the rules will be disqualified from winning the prize.  Now with the technicalities out of the way...let's get onto some crafty fun....
This is a refrigerator magnet that I made for my friend (the one who just had the bridal shower.) Her and her fiance love John Deere Tractors so their kitchen's color scheme is green and yellow colors....so I thought this would be a fun girlie touch to add to her kitchen!!!  The butterfly is a wooden piece that I picked up on a shopping trip.  I got out my Viva Decor Golden Green Precious Metals paint and covered the butterfly.  I absolutely love how easy this paint is to use and in one coat your project is covered and full of shimmering beauty!  I wish my camera could capture how gorgeous this paint really is!!!!
Flowers are from the fabulous WOC and consist of a 25mm Rose, 15mm Roses, Gypsophila, 5mm Closed Rosebuds, Pearl Sprays, and Crystal Stems.  Then I took some yellow self adhesive rhinestones and accented the butterfly.  The flowers were glitterized with Diamond Stickles.  I think the magnet turned out so cute!

Now don't forget to go and check out what the other girls have made over at the WOC Challenge Blog!


♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥
Photobucket

11 comments:

coops said...

wow, fantastic card kim.the butterfly is amazing and i love your gorgeous colours and flowers :D

xx coops xx

Riet said...

So gorgeous Kim.

Hugs Riet.xx

CraftyC said...

What a gorgeous creation Kim, so pretty and I love the colours. A beautiful gift for your friend
Clairex

CanDoMom said...

Love that idea! She will love and chersih it I am sure!

Colleen Holmes said...

Kim what a cute and thoughtful thing to make for your friend! *t is super pretty and perfect for a green and yellow kitchen!

pezadoodle said...

love this!!!!

CraftinGranny said...

This is gorgeous and so creative. I'm sure it will be a treasure in her kitchen for many years to come. "Hugs" Carol

Renkata said...

Hi Kim
gorgeous buterfly.

evercuriouseyes said...

i <3 the green butterflies!

Melanie said...

Hey there Kim! This is gorgeous...what a fantastic project. :)

Teena in Toronto said...

Very nice!

Happy blogoversary :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...