Monday, May 9, 2011

WOC #23 - For Mom!

Happy Monday.....today is my FIRST day of Final Exams at school!  I only have one exam today....then two more on Thursday and I will be ALL DONE WITH COLLEGE!  I graduate with my Bachelor's Degree in Accounting on Saturday!  I am soooo pumped!  I can't believe that the day has finally!  I'm looking so forward to working full-time!!!

Today is another Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge!  For this challenge Bev has created a gorgeous sketch for us to use!  We want to see a card made for mom with the sketch!
This card features Spa Time Fairy by Victoria Case for SCACD!  Isn't she a cutie?!  I felt she made the perfect Mother's Day card as she's relaxing in her in tea cup spa!  Papers are from the Echo Park Springtime Collection.  I absolutely LOVE this paper pad, and LOVE that Echo Park comes in 6x6 now!!!  Bow was made using Vintage Seam Binding Ribbon from Wild Orchid Crafts, using my Bow Easy. The beautiful ribbon is accompanied by some beautiful cotton lace also from WOC!
Spa Time Fairy was colored using Copics and accented with a white gel pen.  I then took one of my black pastel pencils and shaded the image.  I love the depth that I can get with the pencil!  What do you all think? Do you like this look better than when I use the Copic greys?  She's been cut out using a SB Circle Nestie and popped up onto a Floral Doily Motiff.  Edging of image was airbrushed with my Copic ABS.
Flowers of course are from the fabulous Wild Orchid Crafts!  Arrangement consists of a Small Flat Gardenia, 25mm Roses, 15mm Roses, 8mm Semi-Opened Rosebuds, 4mm Rosebuds, two types of  Gypsophilas, and white stamens.  Flowers have been glitterized with Star Dust Stickles.
The Happy Mother's Day banner was made using Maya Road Banner Canvas....oh my goodness are these darling, and you get 10 banners in a package!  I took some sparkly embroidery floss to string my banner up.
From this view you can see all the glittery fun that was added to this cutie pie fairy.  Illuminate Smooch was added to Fairy's wings and DecoArt Glamour Dust Crystal Glitter Paint was used on the saucer.  Oh my goodness this was the first time that I used this paint and I have to tell you that I am TOTALLY in love with it!  Love all the amazing sparkles that it gives!!!!  Diamond Glaze was used on the water and bubbles for the real-ness effect.

I hope you've enjoyed this cutie as much as I have!  Now head over to the Wild Orchid Challenge Blog to see what the other fabulous girls have made!!!  Don't forget to scroll down to the next post to see if you were the winner of my Classic Colour WOC candy!!!

Challenges I would like to Enter:
Craft Us Crazy - Mother's Day &/or flowers
SCACD Friends With Heart - Anything Goes

Recipe:
StampsSpa Time Fairy by Victoria Case for SCACD, Teeny Tiny Wishes (SU)
InksMemento Tuxedo Black, Copics, White Gel Pen,
Copic Colors Used: skin: E000, E00, E11, Hair: E99, YR24, Y21, Wings: RV0000, RV000, RV00, BG0000, BG11, Towels: BG0000, BG11, BG23, Bees: Y15, Y17, Water: B0000, B000, B02, Teacup: RV0000, RV000, RV00, Flowers: Y0000, Y00, Y02, YG06, YG67, G28
PapersEcho Park Springtime Collection
ToolsSB Circle Nestie, Floral Doily MotiffBow Easy, MS border punch,
EmbellishmentsIlluminate SmoochDecoArt Glamour Dust Crystal Glitter Paint, Diamond GlazeMaya Road Banner CanvasSmall Flat Gardenia25mm Roses15mm Roses8mm Semi-Opened Rosebuds4mm RosebudsGypsophilas, white stamens, Star Dust SticklesVintage Seam Binding Ribbon,  cotton lace.

♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥
Photobucket

12 comments:

jules said...

Hi Kim love the card it's stunning!!

Riet said...

So beautiful card Kim,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

coops said...

fantastic card kim.the image is gorgeous and i love your beautiful colours and details ;D

xx coops xx

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous! Love the banner, colors, your coloring of the image and the beautiful flowers!

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Such a gorgeous card, Kim! Love it & love the little pennants too. And your coloring is beautiful. Nicely done!
Thanks so much for joining in our “Mother’s Day and/or Flowers” challenge at Craft Us Crazy and hope you will join us again!
Huggies ~
Sharron♥

Danni said...

Love this!! Gorgeous, just gorgeous!!

MaryB said...

Kim this is just gorgeous. Congrats on your BA degree.

Thank you for joining us at Craft Us Crazy.

Mary Lou said...

Hi there Sweetie!!! OH MY this is SOOOO Spectacular!!!!
Your coloring just bowls me over~~I stare and stare and stare at the beauty you put into everything you make!!!
You bring every image alive :)
Love that banner!! Most off good luck this week on tests and can't wait for saturday to CELEBRATE!!!!!
Thanks for joining us at SCACD Friends with Heart :)
Love you---Mom

CraftyC said...

This is gorgeous Kim, and all those pretty flowers really make the card!
Clairex

Sharon in Arizona said...

Congratulations, Kim!!! An accomplishment to be proud of - now on to bigger and better things. The card is beautiful - the colors are perfect! Hugs, Sharon :o)

CraftinGranny said...

Big accomplishment to be graduating with an accounting degree and I know you're looking forward to a blissful graduation. Now the CPA exam is next and then you'll be set......lol

This is another gorgeous and amazing creation by you Kim. I know Mary Lou is going to love it.
"Hugs" Carol

Kerry said...

Hi Kim

I really hope your exams went okay and I hope you are enjoying your day today.

Gorgeous card and the depth you get with the pencil and just amazing.

Love Kerry xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...