Monday, May 23, 2011

WOC #24 - Embossing with Layers

Hi Everyone~ I hope you all had a fabulous weekend!  Mine started off a little rough with a killer migraine on Friday.  Thank goodness I had the day off of work so that I could sleep and rest all afternoon because my Graduation Party was this Saturday.  I was feeling all better for the party so that was a bonus!  I had so much fun with my family and friends!  I've attached a slideshow on the bottom of this post to share a little of my graduation and graduation party with you all!  Today I am officially full-time employed....my official start date at work is today...I'm so looking forward to my future accounting career!

Today I have a NEW Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge post to share with you!  This challenge is Embossing with lots of layers!  Make sure you include heat or dry embossing on your project along with lots and lots of layers!  I've used dry embossing and 8 total layers!  I love layering so this challenge is right up my alley!  This week at WOC Challenge we have TWO prizes that are being given away!  Along with being able to win some fabulous WOC products, you also have the chance of winning one of the Little Darling stamps by Angie Hunt's new line.  The WOC DT was fortunate enough to use one of these amazing stamps for this week's challenge!
My card  features this cute little guy named So Big....isn't he adorable?!  What a cutie pie!  Papers are from the Echo Park Walk in the Park Collection.  Corners were accented with Self Adhesive Rhinestones! My middle kraft strip was dry embossed with my Swiss Dots embossing folder, as well as the butterflies.
So Big was colored using Copics.  I then took my black pastel pencil and shaded the image.  I really love the depth that I could get with the pencil!
Flowers of course are from the fabulous Wild Orchid Crafts and arrangement consists of a 40mm Tea Rose, 20mm Roses, 15mm Roses, Sweetheart Blossoms (that were airbrushed), 10mm Rose, 8mm Semi-Opened Rosebuds, 4mm Rosebuds, and Pearl Stars.

I can't wait to see what you make for this week's challenge!!!  I hope you enjoy my slideshow below!




♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥
Photobucket

11 comments:

Lynne said...

Congratulations on your graduation. Your party pics are fab thanks for sharing, glad the head got better in time. Good luck with the job.

Your beautiful card is so bright and colourful love the image and all the blooms are gorgeous. Hope your fist day goes well. Hugs Lynne xx

Renkata said...

Congrats dear I am really so happy for you.
Way to go girl!
Wish you a fantastic first day at work.
As always your card is super cute.

Becky said...

Congratulations..
This is a stunning card. gorgeous colors and coloring.

CraftinGranny said...

Great slideshow, awesome card, and fab decorations with a gorgeous cake to boot! What a relief to be done and moving forward. Have a fab day at work! "Hugs" Carol

coops said...

fantastic card kim.i love your bold colours and the image and flowers are gorgeous :D

xx coops xx

Mary Lou said...

Oh my Kim~~This is just the cutest Little Darling image!!! I love him!!!!! Excellent shading with that pencil~~LOVE IT!!!!!!
Beautiful card as ALWAYS!!!!
Love Mom
PS--had a great time saturday :D

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, adorable card Kim.
luv
Debby

Sharon in Arizona said...

Again, Kim, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Love your slide show...what beautiful cakes! I adore this card...colors are so bright and cheery. Don't ya just love this little guy, just want to take that flower pot and give him a big squeeze!!! Thanks for sharing the card and pictures. Hugs, Sharon :o)

Ashley said...

LOVE THIS! Can't wait to see more! :)

Angie said...

Hi Kim!

I just saw this card that you did over at WOC and I LOVE IT! You did such a beautiful job with my 'Soooo Big' image. Don't forget that we have a contest going on over at Little Darling Challenges that you can enter. Here's the link: http://littledarlingschallenges.blogspot.com/2011/05/little-darlings-blog-hop.html

Hugs,

Angie

Angela said...

This is gorgeous Kim! I love your coloring and the rich colors you used on this card! Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at the Little Darlings Challenge blog. hugs, Angela

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...