Monday, June 6, 2011

WOC #25 - Sketch

First off I want to say thank you to all my friends who stopped by my FB page and wished me a happy birthday on Friday....all of your messages truly made my day!  My weekend was so much fun!  Along with my birthday I got to celebrate by being a bridesmaid in my best friend's wedding on Saturday!  The day was gorgeous and I was honored to be a part of her and her new hubby's special day!!!

Now onto crafty fun.....Today is another Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge day!  This week we have a sketch challenge with a sketch created by the ultra talented Bev!  For my card I am sharing the wedding card that I made for the happy couple this weekend!  My friend is also a card maker so it was so much fun making this for her!!!
The main color of my friend's wedding was a royal blue color....so I went for an elegant card using the bright blue for my pop of color!  Papers are from the Kaisercraft After 5 Collection!  I love how elegant this paper pad is and the fact that it comes with a couple pages of shapes and borders.  The top and bottom borders on the top half of the easel card along with the shape that the sentiment is on are from these specialty pages!!
The image is from a Verve stamp set that has been heat embossing with silver embossing powder.  Guipure lace is from Wild Orchid Crafts, as well as the decorative metal corner flourish located behind the image.
 Image has been accented using Self Adhesive Rhinestones, which you can also get at Wild Orchid Crafts and these come in MANY colors!!!  Image was cut out using my circle nesties, and then the black circle was accented using my Viva Decor Hologram Glitter Liner!  This is my ultimate FAVORITE glitter liner!!!  Then image was popped up on another layered circle cut nestie and then that was layered on top of a SB Floral Doily Motiff.
Flowers also are from the fabulous Wild Orchid Crafts.  Arrangement consists of a 40mm Trellis Rose, 15mm Roses, 10mm Roses, Gypsophilas, Heather Stem, and a Hip Rose.  Flowers were sparkalized with Star Dust Stickles.
Sentiment is from the same Verve stamp set.  Die cut was popped up onto a SB Doily Accent. Another WOC flower arrangement which has a 10mm RosesGypsophilas, 4mm Rosebuds, and pearl stamens.  Bottom panel was finished off with a rhinestone ring sticker.
Here is a picture of my friend and me!!! :)  Doesn't she look like a princess?  Congrats to Jesse and Kolia!
 
Now make sure you head over to the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge Blog to see what the other girls have made!  Don't forget there is still time to get your entry in for the WOC DT Call.....click -->here<-- for the details.

♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥
Photobucket

7 comments:

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Kim.

Hugs Riet.xx

Mary Lou said...

Gorgeous Kim!! I am sure Kolia will treasure this beauty forever!!
Hugz of love--Mom

Sharon in Arizona said...

WOW Kim, what a gorgeous card!!!! Not only does your friend look like a princess, this card has a very royal look to it. You have outdone yourself on this. I can't believe those rings are a sticker!! A late happy birthday to you, glad you had a great weekend!!. I received my stamp and other goodies yesterday!!! You really didn't have to do that, but I love them all and can't wait to start crafting with them. I adore this stamp - it's my favorite from this set!! Have a wonderful week. Hugs, Sharon :o)

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Very stunning and elegant. Great designing!

Kitika said...

its very interesting creation! This is really pretty and so elegant!!
Well done!
I wish you inspiration in your creations.
with best wishes from Thailand.

Ashley said...

Great seeing you last weekend. Cool card!! :)

Rach said...

wow, kim that card is stunning, fantastic colour combo hun. hugs rachxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...