Monday, July 18, 2011

WOC #28 Happy Birthday WOC & Sketch

Happy Monday Everyone!  I am so relieved my first section of the CPA exam is done...I'm so hoping that I passed so I don't have to do that section over!  Now to wait the 4-8 weeks to get the results!  After the stressful week last week I'm excited to say that today I am Chicago bound....heading down to CHA!  I am so excited for this get away with my Mom!  We are going to have so much fun meeting up with all of our crafty friends who are able to attend the show!  The relaxing down time is so needed right now! :)

Today is another Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge day!  YAY...I'm so excited to be back creating after the terrible June my family had!  I want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO WILD ORCHID CRAFTS!  It's been a whole year that our challenge blog has been going, thanks to each and every one of you for joining us this past year....we hope to bring you so much fun in the next year ahead!  For today's challenge we have a beautiful sketch made by our very own Dena, and the added extra is to make sure that your card is a birthday card!
For my card I have used a brand new flower child stamp from SCACD....meet Hydrangea Hugs by Elisabeth Bell for SCACD!  Isn't she darling!  If you missed my other flower child post, click -->here<--.  Papers on this card are from the Prima Sweet Fairy collection.  The gorgeous Guipure lace is from Wild Orchid Crafts.  Sentiment is from Verve Big Wish set.  Butterflies have been accented with self adhesive purple rhinestones which you can also get at WOC!
Little Miss Hydrangea Hugs was colored with Copics and accented with my pastel pencil.  She was cut out with the SB Labels 4.  Then I popped her up onto some fabulous new Venise Applique Lace Fans that WOC just got in!  Oh my goodness these fans are absolutely beautiful...and they also have Venise Lace Hearts and Butterflies! Behind the fans you can see a SB labels 9.
I had so much fun putting together the flower arrangements on this card!  WOC carries ALL of the flowers found on this card!  Arrangement 1 consists of Flat hydrangeas, 25mm Roses, 15mm Roses, Sweetheart Blossoms, Hip Rose, 8mm Semi open Rosebuds, 4mm Closed Rosebuds, heart pin, and self adhesive rhinestones.
Flower arrangement 2 consists of a gorgeous Organza Rose Trim flower (WOC has these in many different colors and you get a TON of flowers for your money!!!), Flat hydrangeas25mm Roses8mm Semi open Rosebuds, and 4mm Closed Rosebuds
From this angle you can see the beauty of the image.  I added Glossy Accents on the flower pot, Glamour Dust Crystal Paint on the bow, and Illuminate Smooch to the center of the flowers on her hat.
And one more view to share the dimension of the card!  This cutie is up for sale on my Shophandmade Store -->HERE<--!  For those unfamiliar with Shophandmade...it's exactly like Etsy! :)  

♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥
Photobucket

7 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

wow - what an adorable card...

Riet said...

So beautiful card Kim,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.xx

CraftinGranny said...

Gorgeous creation! Have fun with your mom and bring us pics of lots of new stuff. "Hugs" Carol

coops said...

wow, beautiful card kim.the image is so sweet and i love your fabulous colours and flowers ;D

xx coops xx

debby4000 said...

Oh love your gorgeous card Kim.
luv
Debby

Mary Lou said...

OOUTSTANDING Card Kim!!! You are Amazingly talented~~Hmm did you get it from me??? LOL
Hugz of love

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

this is so adorable, I LOVE THIS IMAGE and your coloring and card design are fabulous

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...