Monday, August 1, 2011

WOC #29 Beary Special

WOW where does the weekend go?!  I swear I blink and it's already Monday morning!  Although it's Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge day so I guess that makes it a good Monday Morning! :)  This week we have some amazing beauties to share with you!!!  Our challenge to you this time is to use Bears on your creation!  I was so excited because that meant that I got to use one of my Kraftin' Kimmie stamps that I haven't gotten to use yet!
 I used the Kraftin' Kimmie Goldilocks stamp and sentiment for this card....love that you get 2 sentiments when you purchase this stamp!  Papers are from the Kaisercraft Blae & Ivy Collection...these are some beautiful papers....lots of greens and blues!  Upper right hand corner of the card got accented with a decorative gold metal corner embellie....Wild Orchid has a whole variety of decorative corners...I love them all...and Bev has showed on her blog that you can paint them to match any card you are making!
 Of course Miss. Goldilocks was colored with Copics and then accented with my pastel pencil for shading.  She got some Diamond Stickles on her hair bows and shoes.  Then the lines on her dress were blinged up using my silver Spica pen...which gave a subtle sparkle.
 Flowers of course come from the fabulous Wild Orchid Crafts!  Arrangement consists of a 35mm Trellis Rose,  25mm Roses, 15mm Roses, 10mm Roses, 5mm Closed Rosebuds, Sweetheart Blossoms, Gypsophilas, Rose Petal Leaves, Heart Pin, and a large Iridescent Butterfly.  I then coats a few of the flowers with Diamond Stickles for some sparkle and shimmer.  The MS border has been accented with self adhesive pearls.  
 Here you can hopefully see the sparkle on the flowers and image.
And here's another angle photo so you can see all the depth and dimension of the card.  I took some foam tape and layered it up underneath the butterfly wings so that they are popping off the page so they appear to be landing on the card.   Hope you have enjoyed my Beary Special card!  This card is going to a very special friend who is dealing with the worst type of pain, losing a child!  Sending all my love to Kevin  & Cindy!

Please head over to the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge Blog to see all of the fabulous Beary Special cards made by the rest of the fabulous DT.....and please join in the fun.....I can't wait to see what you make!

Copic Colors Used: Dress: B000, B32, B34, B93, YG13, YG95, YG97, Skins: E000, E00, E11, R11, Hair: E35, E49, E51, E57, E59, Bears: R11, R22, E30, E31, E34, E35, E37, E51.

♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥
Photobucket

5 comments:

coops said...

wow, fantastic card kim.i love the stunning image and your striking colour combo and details are gorgeous :D

xx coops xx

Becky said...

wow...How fabulous..Gorgeous coloring and gorgeous flowers.

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Kim.

Hugs Riet.xx

Danni said...

Gorgeous and fresh with the fun blue/green combo!

Hélène said...

your card is amazing! Thank you for telling me about the rules on WOC challenge It's my first time and I didn't know I will try to make another one!
have a nice day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...