Monday, August 15, 2011

WOC #30 - A Fun Sketch

Happy Monday!  I hope you all had a great weekend!  My hubby and I went and toured some newly built houses this weekend to get ideas....we are planning on building our house this coming spring!  We had such a great day and got a lot of good ideas and are both feeling pretty good about this building process. Before touring these homes we were pretty clueless as to what we really wanted nor knowing what we liked and didn't like.  All we knew was that we wanted a one story house with a basement!  We are now to the point where we are ready to meet with a builder and architect because we pretty much know what we want!  We are so excited to be starting this process....I really thought this building process was going to be so hard because there would be so many decisions that have to be made but we already have a good grasp on what we like....YAY!!!

Now onto some crafty fun.....today is another Wild Orchid Challenge Day!  This week we have an amazing sketch by our very own Dena!  I had so much fun using her sketch and can't wait to use it again!  I hope you all have as much fun with it as I did!
For my card I have used another Peeker Stamp....this one is Sweet Cheeks Peeker by Elisabeth Bell for SCACD!  Isn't she darling with her little bum sticking out of her bottom?!  LOL and that innocent look like "I didn't do anything wrong" or she is deep in thought thinking of something special!  Paper are from the Echo Park Springtime Collection...I so {heart} this collection...gorgeous patterns and colors!
After I got going with the top of the card I decided to make an easel card since it's been a while since I made one of those!
Little Sweet Cheeks was colored with Copics and I accented her shirt with my white gel pen adding some polka dots.  She was then cut out with my SB Labels 14 and then edges were airbrushed with my Copic ABS.
Flowers of course are from the fabulous Wild Orchid Carfts!  Arrangement consists of a pink classic sweet rose, 25mm hybrid tea roses (that were airbrushed), yellow poppies, white and pink Aster Daisies, pink and white Gysophilas, 10mm rose8mm semi-opened roses, 5mm closed rosebuds, heart pin, and small sequin butterflies.  Flowers have been sparklized with star dust stickles.
I took my crackle paint and painted a gold metal decorative corner piece to make it white.  After the crackle paint dried it wanted to chip off so to seal it I took my Crystal Glamour Dust paint and put a layer of that over the top which sealed the crackle paint so I still got the antique look I wanted but also added a very nice shimmer to my corner which I absolutely loved!  I finished off the corner accent with a self adhesive rhinestone.  The doily behind my kraft scalloped circle is actually -->this<-- beautiful white cotton lace that I gathered behind my scalloped circle (which I made using one of my SB grand dies) by using some Scor-tape...I really love this look that I achieved with the lace! The multi loop bow was made with this fabulous Divine Baker's twine (which Wild Orchid carries in MANY beautiful colors) and with the help of my bow easy this was very easy to whip together.  Finished off the bow with an Aster Daisy and of course some more star dust stickles.
The bottom panel of my easel card  was made with my Magnolia tag.  I again used the same white cotton lace to accent the bottom of the tag.  The tassel of the tag was again using my Divine Baker's twine  and some Jute String.  I also used some pink vintage seam binding for the bow of my tag and accented that bow with a 10mm rose.  Check out that gorgeous metal butterfly....when I saw all the gorgeous filigree swirls on this I fell in love.  Wild Orchid Crafts carries this stunning metal butterfly.  I then took some 3mm self adhesive pearls and accented this beauty even more....which I absolutely love! You will also see another decorative metal corner piece that I altered the same as the one on the top of the card.
From this view you can see all the sparkle and glitz from my star dust stickles!
And finally one more angled view to show the dimension!  :)  I hope you didn't get too bored with this super long post!  If you've made it this far...that's for taking the time to read my post...I hope you have enjoyed!  Hope you all have a wonderful week and I can't wait to see what you all make with Dena's fabulous sketch over at the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge Blog!

Copic Colors Used: shirt: RV000, RV00, RV02, RV04, skirt & headband: RV000, RV00, RV02, RV04, G000, BG11, BG34, hair: E35, E49, E51, E57, E59, skin: E000, E00, E11, E21, R02.

♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥
Photobucket

6 comments:

Lorraine said...

Your card is gorgeous, Kim! Love your coloring of that sweet peeker, the flowers and detailing!

Riet said...

So beautiful card Kim,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.xx

coops said...

stunning card kim.your colours and details are really pretty and the image is gorgeous :D

xx coops xx

debby4000 said...

Oh love your gorgeous card Kim, what an adorable image and stunning flowers.
luv
Debby

CraftinGranny said...

What a beautiful and cute card. Congrats on building a home and wishing you lots of luck as you proceed. Such an exciting adventure! "Love & Hugs" Carol

Marion said...

Hi Kim,
An absolutely stunning card. Love all the detail and that lace edging. Soo cute image. Love her.
hugs
Marion

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...