Monday, August 29, 2011

WOC #31 - Tags, Tags, Tags

Happy Monday Friends~  WOW hard to believe that this week is the week that I take my next CPA exam...I swear the weeks are just flying by this year....although I am secretly wishing that it was Thanksgiving....because hopefully by then (if I pass all sections) I will be all done with my exams!!!  I can't wait to move onto the next chapter of my life...I am getting so sick of studying!

Next, I want to send a special thank you to everyone who took time to read my blog post below and pass along the information to help get the word out about the missing truck and driver.  On Friday afternoon, Donny and his truck were found.  Unfortunately Donny has passed away......I am sending lots of prayers to his family and friends during this difficult time!  If you could take a moment and send up an extra prayer for Donny's family and friends that would be greatly appreciated!

Today I have some crafty fun....it's Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge day!  Today's challenge is Tags, Tags, Tags, you need to create something with a tag!  For my project I have decided to create a card shaped like a tag!
This is my second card shaped like a tag...you can see my first one -->here<--.  This card features Friendship Rose who is one of the NEW Fall Flora Fairies that was just released this past Friday at SCACD.  Papers are from the Echo Park Victoria Gardens Collection...the minute I saw this collection at CHA I immediately fell in love!  The double sided papers are stunning!  Wide White Lace was woven with Pink Salmon Vintage Seam Binding, which both can be purchased at Wild Orchid Crafts, they carry a wide variety of colors of Seam Binding and LOTS of gorgeous lace!
Friendship Rose was colored with Copics and accented with my pastel pencils (black, grey, and white). Her wings have been accented with Star Dust Stickles, and the circles on her dress were sparklized with my Pink Spica Marker.  She was cut out and popped up onto a SB Oval and SB Scalloped Oval which is layered on top of a paper lace doilie.
The beautiful flowers are from the fabulous Wild Orchid Crafts and arrangement consists of a 35mm Trellis Rose, 25mm Wild Roses, Sweetheart Blossoms, Tea Rosebuds, Gypsophilas, and white Stamens.  Flowers were blinged up using Star Dust Stickles.
Sentiment is from my Emerald Fairie Garden Set that I cut out with a SB circle and popped up onto a SB scalloped circle.  Corner resin embellie is from Melissa Francis.  My bow was made using some pink and brown Divine Twine and my Bow Easy.  Bow was accented with some Gypsophilas and a cute mini polka dot button.  Wild Orchid carries these buttons in a variety of colors and you get lots of buttons in your pack!  Love these!  Finally top of the card has some more beautiful cotton lace for the tag "strings."
Here you can see the inside of the card.  Each Fall Flora Fairy comes with her very own coordinating flower stamp.  I've used the Tulip stamp from the Tulipa stamp and colored it with Copics.

I hope you've enjoyed my card for today!  Now head over to the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge Blog to see what the other girls have made!

Blog Candy Alert: Don't forget that there is still candy to be won over at the SCACD Blog!  Read all about it and eneter -->here<--!

Copic Colors Used: Skin: E000, E00, E11, R11, Hair: E31, E33, E37, E47, Y21, Dress: (top) YG00, YG03, YG17, G07, (skirt) R000, R11, R14, R24, R32, R39

♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥
Photobucket

5 comments:

Susan Flynn said...

Soooo pretty Kim x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I hope all goes well with your exams Kim! I don't blame you for wanting to move on the next chapter of your life.

Your tag is gorgeous!! Love the design and your coloring is gorgeous!! Great details!!

hugs,
Chris

Alex said...

Thank you for the update on Danny and the truck. I am saddened it is not a happy ending.

Absolutely GORGEOUS tag and all the elements work so beautifully together!

Pia said...

wow beautiful tag
hugs Pia

Jilly said...

I really impressed to watch your work. I just stumbled onto your beautiful blog, through "Other Peoples art work" blog. Your arrangement is perfect and looks beautiful.
online marriage counseling

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...