Monday, September 26, 2011

WOC #33 - Stars that Sparkle

Another week has flown by....where does the time go?  It's so hard to believe that it's almost October already....brrrr it's already getting cold here in Wisconsin....I can say I definitely am not ready for winter yet....nor fall for that matter.  I got a little bit of crafty time in this weekend...between my CPA exam studying!  I also got some HUGE news to share....my mom and I now have our creations featured in TWO local retail locations!  I am so excited for this venture.  For those of you who are in Wisconsin (or are traveling through Wisconsin) you can find our creations at:

 Country Barn in Suring, WI; and
The Cracked Cup in Gillett, WI
  
Country Barn is a NEW retail store that has a huge variety of home decor and gift items!  I just got a bunch of birthday gifts purchased this weekend!!  The Cracked Cup is a local coffee shop that has a wide variety of handcrafted items for sale....so while you stop in to get your cup of coffee, tea, or cocoa you can stop and browse the amazing items for purchase!  I am so thankful that these two owners have decided to display our projects for sale, I'm hoping this turns out to be a very successful adventure!  

Now onto some crafty fun.....Today is another Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge Day!  YAY...this challenge was sooooo much fun!  For this week's challenge we would LOVE to see your creations featuring STARS....and why not add some bling in there too, as stars love to twinkle!
For my creation this challenge I decided to make something altered.  I took a wooden plaque that I got from Walmart and altered it to display this cutie pie and amazing sentiment.  I got this lovely idea from my great friend, Kathy of Distressed Stamper, (her work is so gorgeous)!  Thank you so much Kathy for the inspiration!  The plaque was first painted with a mixture of pink and white acrylic paints.  Papers are from the Prima Sweet Fairy collection.
This features the cutie pie Wish Upon a Star from the Sample Edition #5 Collection by Elisabeth Bell for SCACD.  She is from an older collection, but I never got the chance to ink her up and knew she would be PERFECT for this challenge!  Of course she was colored with Copics, and accented with pastel pencils, cut out with a SB circle and popped up on a SB scalloped circle which was then accented with 3mm white self adhesive pearls and layered on top of cheese cloth.
I absolutely adore this sentiment, which I computer generated and cut out with nesties.  Flowers are beautiful WOC flowers and arrangement consists of:  35mm Trellis Rose25mm Wild RosesSweetheart Blossoms15mm RosesHip Rosebuds8mm semi-opened RosebudsGypsophilas5mm closed Rosebuds which all have been dazzled up with Diamond Stickles.  Corner has been accented with a decorative metal corner embellishment.
Stars were punched out with various punches, then filled in all of the star leaving a small edge with Glossy Accents, sprinkled on my 100 grit Silver German Glass Glitter, shook off the access and set aside to dry.  This glitter is absolutely amazing!! If you haven't gotten any yet, you really need to get some because it is absolutely GORGEOUS!  It's so sparkly in real life...this is by far the BEST glitter that I have ever used!!!  I can see using this A LOT especially for Holiday cards!
And an angled view to show you all the dimension of the plaque!  I hope you have enjoyed my sample for this week's challenge!  I can't wait to make another altered wooden plaque now :)

Head over to the WOC Challenge Blog to see all of the other girls AMAZING samples!  I also can't wait to see what you make for this challenge!

SHOPPING ALERT:  Wild Orchid Crafts now has FREE shipping on all orders over $75!  Happy Shopping!


Copic Colors Used:  Skin: E000, E00, E11, Hair: E33, E35, E37, E50, E59, Shirt & Hair Bow: RV000, RV10, RV23, Moon & Star: Y00, Y13, Y35, Sky: airbrush with B000

♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥
Photobucket

5 comments:

Chris x said...

Oh, this card is so lovely!
Hugs
chris x

Renkata said...

Adorable project Kim.

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Kim.

Hugs Riet.xx

Inger said...

This is so sweet and beautiful Kim!!!
Lovely designed!

♥ Hugs, Inger

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

OMG, such a sweet and gorgeous card. Love the image and "garden" of flowers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...