Monday, October 24, 2011

WOC #35 - Santa is Coming to Town!

Hi Friends...I hope you had a great weekend!  My hubby and I spent the weekend in the big windy city...for those of you unfamiliar with the midwest that is Chicago, Illinois.  Saturday we spent the day in the city...going to Navy Pier, taking a double decker bus tour, and checking out the downtown area.  Sunday we went shopping at an outlet mall in one of the suburbs that we stayed by, and today we are heading back to the city for a convention for my hubby's work.  It definitely has been a fun weekend for us....minus the heater not working in our hotel room....oh well!

Today is another Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge day!  YAY!  I love Mondays for this reason!!!  Our challenge for you this week is SANTA CLAUS IS COMING TO TOWN!  That means you need to use Santa Claus on your project/card!  Remember to head to the Wild Orchid Challenge Blog to double check the rules so that your project qualifies you for the fabulous project that is up for grabs! :)
For my card I have decided to make a shaped card this challenge!  This cute little Santa is from a Stampendous set that I have.  The shape of my card is made using the Marianne Design Creatable Die LR0112 Frame Circle.  I absolutely LOVE the shape this die gives.  I then cut out a SB circle and gathered lace behind it adhering the lace to the circle with Scor-tape.  Papers are from the Echo Park Holly Jolly Collection.
Santa was colored with Copics.  I added white flock to his beard, and Polar White Flower Soft (which is currently 15% off at SCACD) was used on the trim of his coat and hat.  Santa was then cut out using my SB Lables 14 and airbrushed while still in the die.
The beautiful Wild Orchid Crafts flower arrangement consists of 25mm Wild Roses, Sweetheart Blossoms, 10mm Rose, 8mm Semi-opened Rosebuds, Gypsophilas, Red holly berry, and Silver Padded Snowflakes.  Flowers were glitzed up with my Diamond Stickles.
The edge around the red circle was blinged up with my Silver Stickles.  I hope you have enjoyed my Santa creation!  I can't wait to see your Santa Claus projects!

♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥
Photobucket

7 comments:

Renkata said...

hi Kim,
very cute card.
Such a great design, love the snow.

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Kim.

Hugs Riet.xx

coops said...

so stunning kim.i love your rich colours and details and the santa image is gorgeous :D

xx coops xx

debby4000 said...

Oh gorgeous card Kim.
luv
Debby

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

OMG, totally exquisite. You did an amazing job creating this masterpiece.

Dena said...

Good grief Kim! This is out of this world ADORABLE! Your cards make me smile!!!!!!!
Hugs, Dena

StampendousGraphics said...

So cute!!! What a fantastic job you've done! We'd love to see you apply for one of our BlogStars positions! Visit us at www.stampendousblog.wordpress.com for details. We love what you've done with our stamps!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...