Monday, November 7, 2011

WOC #36 - Color Combo

Happy Monday! I hope you all had a fabulous weekend, I attended an area craft show to sell some of my creations.  It was such a fun day because I got to spend the WHOLE day with my Dad.  Since my Mom (who is usually my side-kick at the craft shows) was unable to be there my Dad said he'd come help me set up and take down my booth.  Below you can see what setting up my booth consists of.  Two tables and a third that holds my cards.
This card display board was "hand crafted" by my hubby (I think I shared this with you all last year but I can't find the post...lol)....I tell him all the time secretly he's a crafter too!!!  I told him I wanted some type of display to show off my cards and this is what he made for me before craft show season 2 years ago.  I absolutely LOVE this display because it showcases over 100 of my cards at one time!  The only draw back is you NEED two people to set it up and it's heavy.  So that's where my Dad came into play yesterday...since he had the day off he said that he could help me!
And the fun thing was my Dad decided to stay with me for the whole day at the show!  He was such a trooper!  It was so much fun to share my crafting passion with him!

Now let's get onto some more fun...Today is another Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge Day!  Today we would LOVE to see your creating featuring a fun color combo......Brown and Blue!  I love these two colors together!  **Make sure you read the WOCC Rules so that your entry qualifies for the fabulous prize that's so kindly donated by WOC!**  I'd hate for your entry to not count towards the prize! :)
For this challenge I decided to make a fun gift card holder!  And again can you believe another project that I created without my handy dandy Copics...LOL!  Papers for this beauty are from the Bo Bunny Welcome Home collection.  The beautiful white cotton lace is from the Wild Orchid Crafts.  Bow was made with my Bow Easy.
Sentiment is from the Verve Better with You set and cut out using my Verve Classy Label.  Border was stamped with my Hero Arts Fancy Flourishes stamp set, distressed with TH Brushed Corduroy distress ink, and then edged with Platinum Stickles.  This was then popped up onto a SB Die from the Twisted Metal Frames Set and the top was accented with a small Pearl Brad.
 Wild Orchid Craft flower arrangement is made using a 35mm Trellis Rose, Carnations, Sweetheart Blossoms, 10mm Roses, Gypsophilas, 4mm Rosebuds, a large iridescent Blue Butterfly, and a BRAND NEW Decorative Crown pin.  Flowers were accented with Diamond Stickles.
And a dimensional view!  I hope you have enjoyed!  Now I can't wait to see what you make with BROWN and BLUE!

♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥
Photobucket

3 comments:

Renkata said...

Such an elegant card holder ,Kim

Terrie B x said...

Hi Kim..WoW Looks like you had a fab day!!!Such a fine display!
Your card iks so `Gorgeous` TFS
Havea great week:) x

Riet said...

What a wonderful creations Kim.

Hugs Riet.xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...