Monday, November 21, 2011

WOC #37 - A Child's Christmas

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  I spent the weekend studying and helping my hubby make our Holiday Sign for our business that will go in our town's park for the display of Christmas Lights by area businesses!  I'll have pictures to share real soon! :)

Today is another Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge Day!  Our challenge for you this week is "A Child''s Christmas!" We want to see your creations featuring children at Christmastime!   Remember:  READ HERE to see the Challenge Rules to make sure your entry qualifies for the fabulous WOC prize!
When I was a little girl all I ever wanted for Christmas was dolls!  When I saw this Kaisercraft Doll Form I knew it would be perfect to decorate Wild Orchid Crafts style!  I started off by painting the heavy duty chipboard doll form white.  Then accented with paper from the Kaisercraft Chapter 1 Collection (which is still 15% off at SCACD right now.)  
The outline of the doll form was accented using 3mm self adhesive pearls from the green collection.  Ribbon belt was fancified with an antique silver flower embellishment.  Flower arrangement features Wild Orchid Craft flowers of: a 20mm Rose, 8mm Semi-opened Roses, and a Gypsophila.  All flowers were sparklized with Star Dust Stickles.
Skirt trim was made using White Cotton Lace and then decorated with a antique metal flower.  This flower started out gold...but I wanted it silver.....so I whipped out my Viva Decor Silver Precious Metals paint and voila now I have a silver flower :)  This paint coats perfectly in JUST ONE COAT!  I love this stuff and it gives off lots of metallic luster!  Flower center is a Large Pearl Brad.
Flower arrangement at the base of the doll form is placed on top of a SB scalloped circle with flowers consisting of: 20mm Roses8mm Semi-opened Roses, Gypsophila, Carnations, Cherry Blossoms, 4mm Rosebuds, and Sweetheart Blossoms.   To get all of those flowers to stay put I use the wonderful Crafter's Pick Incredibly Tacky Glue!  This stuff is the bomb....works amazingly and keeps my flowers in the right place!
And one more view!  Now head over to the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge Blog to see the other fabulous creations that the fabulous DT has made!  We can't wait to see your Child Christmas creations!

♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥
Photobucket

5 comments:

Renkata said...

ohhh wow very chic project Kim.

Riet said...

This is so wonderful Kim.

Hugs Riet.xx

Mary Lou said...

AMAZING Kim!! Great detail :) Cool belt!! Wondeful girlie project!!!
hugz of love

June Nelson said...

This is fantastic and what a wonderful project, so girly and beautiful xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Patricia St Martin said...

Just STUNNING!!!! I love this, it is beautiful. I just love enerything.. That is so outstanding.
Hugs, Patricia

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...