Monday, December 5, 2011

WOC #38 - Easel Cards

Wow it's already another Monday!  Time is really flying by this year..I can't believe Christmas is right around the corner....and I only have one Christmas present that is bought...eeekkk!  I better get a move on it, LOL!  

Today is Wild Orchid Challenge Day!  Woo-Hoo....this challenge is to make an EASEL CARD!  Oh how I love easel cards...I really wish I took the time to make more of them because they really are works of art that can be displayed!
I had lots of fun making this beauty!  Seeing how I didn't get a chance to play along with the SCACD Stocking Stuffer Release Blog Hop on Friday I couldn't wait to play with my Stocking Stuffer Release stamps!  I've used A Cuppa from the Odds & Ends Sampler by Elisabeth Bell for SCACD.  Isn't she a darling drinking her hot cocoa....or in my world it's Chai!  This is what I look like EVERY MORNING drinking my chai...well I don't think I look that cute when I get out of bed though! LOL!
Little Miss A Cuppa was cut out using a SB Labels 10 die.  I then took my Marianne Designs LR0116 and cut two of the frames and layered them to make the elegant border around this cutie pie...I love the look this creates!  While my image was still in the SB die I took my TH Weathered Wood and sponged around the edges.  Papers are from the Bo Bunny Snowfall Collection....ooooo do I LOVE me this paper pad!!! 
 A Cuppa was colored with Copics and then accented with my pastel pencils.  Her cup was coated with Diamond Glaze and her hair bow was glitzed with Star Dust Stickles.

Copic Colors Used: Hair: E34, E51, E57, E59, Skin: E000, E00, E11, R20, Dress: E0000, E30, E53, E55, Bows: BG000, BG15, BG45, BG49, Mug: B000, B02, B04, B16.
The fabulous Wild Orchid Crafts Flower Arrangement consists of a 40mm Trellis Rose, 25mm Roses, 15mm Roses, Aster Daisy, Gypsophilas, 4mm Rosebuds, and finished off with the swirls from my Marianne Designs LR0112.  The white flowers were accented with Frosted Lace Stickles.
I LOVE this cotton lace and making this bow was so easy.  Added a mini flower arrangement with an Aster Daisy, and two 4mm Rosebuds again coated with Frosted Lace Stickles.  And what do you think of my snowflake charm?  I used my Epiphany Solid Round 14 Tool (which happens to be 15% off at the SCACD Store) & Round 14 Bubble Cap to create the customized bobble and then placed it into one of the NEW Silver Charm Settings....and viola you have your VERY own customized charm to match your creation!  How fun is that?  I absolutely LOVE the Epiphany Tools because you can make customized items for your cards!  If you are a matchy-match person these tools are definitely for you!!! 
The bottom of my easel card features some more Wild Orchid goodness!   The Tag was made using my Verve Glad Tidings stamp set and matching die.  The snowflake on the tag was accented with Frosted Lace Stickles and the middle of the snowflake was glam'd up with a Large Blue Moonstone Brad.  Mini flower arrangement is made with an Aster Daisy, 4mm Rosebuds, and Silver Padded Snowflakes. 
And one more view for you!  I hope you have enjoyed my easel card!  I can't wait to see your creations!!

Don't Forget:  My Christmas Candy give away is in full force! Click -->HERE<-- to go and read the details and enter for your chance to win some calorie-free Christmas Candy!

♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥
Photobucket

11 comments:

Renkata said...

Wow Kim,
this is sensational card.
Love the colours combo and the image is so cute.

Mary Lou said...

Hey sweetie~~This is Darling and Oh Yes you do look like her every morn~~Hee Hee. You are gorgeous anytime of everyday!!! Your detail is STUNNING!!!!! Hey congrats on your win at BnW~~Woot Woot:D Have a great day
Love you lots
Mom

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Kim,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.xx

Marion said...

Hi Kim,
What a truly magnificent card. So much attention to detail and that gorgeous image coloured so beautifully. Love it.
hugs
Marion

Danni said...

Wowza!! This is stunning and so gorgeous!! Love it!

debby4000 said...

Wonderful card, adorable image and pretty colours.
luv
Debby

Becky said...

wow Kim, this is just gorgeous. Wonderful details.

Colleen Holmes said...

Oh Kim this is absolutely gorgeous! I am not even sure where to start for it is all PERFECT!! Love your coloring, flowers, paper, designing...I love it all! Hugz!

Vicky said...

WOW....hun this is such an amazing card this is my type of card its perfect. I absolutely love this image I went straight over to quixotic to find it but it isnt released there :0( Will go hunting now lol.
Love the colours.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Tracey said...

Beautiful card Kim, I love the colours & all the details :)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

cebelica said...

Such a beautiful card. I love hte vintage look and all the embellishments. Your coloring is amazing too! Hugs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...