Thursday, February 19, 2009

CBCC #26 (FINALLY!)

OK...sorry for the LONG delay everyone! My hubby has some back problems so I had to take him to get an injection on Tuesday so I didn't get time to create....then yesterday was school all day.....But have no fear....I did finally (whew!) get my creation done! By now I am sure you all headed over to Courtney's blog and saw that this week's challenge is to stamp with bubble wrap! How fun does that sound?! I loved it! It gives such a unique impression! If you haven't tried this technique yet you have to do it!
I am also using this as my entry for the Roses On Paper Love and Friendship challenge, and for the Friday Sketchers challenge which was to use this sketch! I used Tilda with Tag and colored her with my Copics...I left her tag blank as I don't know what I will use this card for yet. :) I used purple metallic acrylic paint on my bubble wrap for the background design on the heart. Then I sprayed the heart with pink taffy glimmer mist (that I got from Loreen at Wish On A Scrap.) Papers, ribbon, and flowers are from my stash. Used my heart nesties and my new Martha heart lace border punch.
Here's the inside. I used two Martha border punches and overlapped them, added some purple rhinestones. Used my new Retro flower punch with my Stempelglede grunge flower stamp, then added some pixie dust Shimmerz Blingz for sparkle!
Here is a close up of the Blingz sparkle! Isn't that so pretty? I just love this stuff!

And here is the back. I used my EK Success Swirl punch and another of my new handmade stamps.
Thanks so much for being patient and waiting for me to get this creation done and for all of you who sent get well comments for my hubby (they are GREATLY appreciated)! If you haven't checked out the other chickies creations make sure you do that. They are listed on my sidebar!
Also, I have a few blog candy's to share with you! Jacquie, Bev, Rach, and Nikki all have some fabulous goodies up for grabs. Make sure you go and check them out and while you are there check out these ladies work! They are just fabulous artists and make some amazing projects!
Enjoy the rest of your week! I am off to water aerobics tonight! Or as my hubby says...I am off to swim like a dolphin! Boys....I tell ya! Hee hee!

21 comments:

Risa said...

Hello Kim,
So sorry to hear about your husband and his back trouble! I have problems with my back also and when the pain is unbearable, I have to receive injections also.
Your card is very pretty and I love your take on the bubble wrap challenge! How very unique! Your card is very pretty and Tilda is adorable.
hugs
Risa:)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Kim, such a beautiful Tilda and pretty papers. The bling looks fabulous, I must get some!
Thanks for joining us at FS.
Carole x

Holly said...

Awwwwwwwwwww that card is adorable! I never would have known that was bubble wrap - you did a GREAT job!

Lora said...

Great card Kim. I love what you have done with the bubblewrap.I sooo NEED to get myself some of Martha Stewart's punches, they are gorgeous.
Hugs Lora

Candy said...

Hi Kim,

Sure hope your hubby is feeling a lot better? Poor guy!

What a pretty card you have made! Great job with the bubble wrap and I love your purple papers etc. Nice 'bling' on the flowers :o)

Hope the hard part of all this school work is behind you now.

Lorie said...

Oh, girl...this is beautiful! So sorry about your husbands back. Hope he is feeling better soon! :o)

Rach said...

Hi hun,
hope that hubby's back is easing now the doctors have seen him. i love the card that you have made babe...the bubble wrap stamping is really effective. and sweet tilda is beautifully coloured.
hope you didn't wear yourself out at water arobics!
i did that once, but kept slipping, in turn i kept going into a fit of the giggles...you get the idea...not a great combo..lol
xxxxx

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card. Love the image and the colouring is fabulous. Yummy papers also. Michele x

Donalda said...

Oh this is just so pretty dear I am so glad to see you back was wondering where you were. Hope Hubby gets on better dear.

cats whiskers said...

Oh Kim this is just the most delicious card, such fabulous embellies and great colours and perfect colouring of the cute image.
Hugs Jacqui x

Dani said...

This is adorable! Fab job! Hope your DH is doing better. No fun to be in pain! :)

Sparkplug17 said...

I love your card! It's just gorgeous!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Hi Kim :) Sorry to hear DH is not doing so well, hope he is feeling better soon!

Just stopped by to see what you have been up too! Have a wonderful weekend!!

Jennifer :)

Jodi said...

Very pretty colors for your well colored Tilda card!! Great job and thanks for playing!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Liza said...

Absolutely gorgeous Kim! Love the stamping with bubble wrap technique and you have coloured Tilda to perfection.

Liza x

Kerry D-C said...

aaaaw! so sweet!

Bev said...

This sure is eye candy honey - what a gorgeous card. The colours, papers and details are amazing

Anonymous said...

Darling card! Love the details and the colors!

LINDA said...

Beautiful card!! Love it..

Anki said...

Such a cute card! Great that you wanted to participate. You really make some stunning cards. Kram - Anki

Ila said...

Sorry to hear about your hubby...I hope he is better now!!...
Your card is Beautiful!! I love everything about it...the details are Gorgeous!!..and I love that you left the tag for later....Yup...I think I need this Tilda!!..Hugs, Ila

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...