Tuesday, May 18, 2010

TIOT - Sketch Style

Happy Tuesday....First off I have to start by saying HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO MY HUBBY!  Today we are celebrating our 3 year wedding anniversary and next week we will have been together for 8 years total!  I'm more in love with him than ever before!  Love you lots hun!


YAY another TIOT day!  Woot Woot....I also wanted to let you know that we have changed the format of Try It Out Tuesdays....now we will have Try It Out Tuesdays AND Try It Out Thursdays.  The awesome DT at SCACD has been divided into two groups...a few of us on TIOTuesday and a few on TIOThursday.  We will all be playing along in the same challenge each week, just spreading the inspiration through the week!  It's going to be so much FUN!  And now you can join in all of the fun..... starting this week we have a linky on the store blog for you to play along with our challenges...and that isn't all the good news......Susana will be offering a prize for the first challenge of each month!  I hope you join our weekly fun, I can't wait to see what you all create!

This week Suzanne has a sketch challenge for us!  I decided to make a tea light candle holder card, after seeing my GREAT friend Lena make one of these beauties!  You can find the tutorial -->here<--.  However, I altered the dimensions to make mine a little smaller.
I've used another new cutie from the newest Elisabeth Bell release for SCACD.  This is All Grown Up from Sampler Edition #4!  I believe the papers are BG but they were in my stash with no name so I'm unsure which collection.  If someone knows I would be more than happy to edit my post to include the name for you! :) Flowers are a mixture of Primas and Roses from (Wild Orchid Crafts).
Here's Suzanne's awesome sketch.  I rotated it onto it's side for my card.
My image was of course colored with my Copics and accented with my white gel pen. My Viva Decor Lilac Pearl Pen was used to make this cutie pie's pearl necklace look so real.  Image is popped up onto a Labels 10 die cute.  I then created my own flourish swirls with more of the Lilac Pearl Pen and the Violet Viva Pearl Pen. Not digging how they turned out but practice makes perfect, right?!
Here's a close up of the tea light candles in their portion of the card.
And another view so you can see the dimension of the card.  I hope you have enjoyed my creation this week!  I really can't wait to see what you all make!!!

Recipe:
Stamps: All Grown Up by Elisabeth Bell for SCACD
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, White Gel Pen,
Copic Colors Used: V000, V12, V15, V17, R00, R02, R20, R21, R83, RV91, E000, E00, E11, E13, E21, E31, E35, YR00, YR24, Y23
Papers: Basic Grey (I think?!)
Tools: Spellbinders - Labels 10, MS corner punch,
Embellishments: Primas, Roses (Wild Orchid Crafts), Viva Decor Lilac Pearl Pen, Viva Decor Violet Pearl Pen, Star Dust Stickles, Ribbon from my stash.

♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥

Photobucket

9 comments:

Rach said...

Happy Anniversary to you both hun... and many more to come.. mwah.
love your card with the tea lights.. i had a go at making on of these yesterday ... and altered the template a bit to make it larger (not an easy job with my one cell for a brain..lol )as i couldn't get the tea lights to go in the little slot.. ??? wierd..
hope that you enjoy your day sweetie.
Hugz Rach xxx

Crystal said...

Happy Anniversary Kim!!!! What a great wedding photo...Your project is sooooooo adorable, wow that image is toooo sweet!!! Great colors and a very creative design..its fabulous!! Enjoy your day girl!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim
Happy Anniversary! I have been MIA for over a year and have just been cruising a few blogs for a couple of weeks now. I desperately want to get back into cards and love the cards you have been posting. I see you use a viva decor pearl pen on all of your cards---how does that work? If you get a chance please get back to me, I would love to get back into the groove and learn about these pens.
Thanks,
Cheri
cheribabe@gmail.com

Kerry said...

Hi Kim,

Happy 3rd Anniversary Kim, beautiful wedding picture.

I am getting very excited because my wedding is 4 weeks on Saturday coming - can't wait!

Beautiful card as always Kim. I love the cute image which you have coloured as lovely as ever.

Love Kerry xx

Danni said...

Happy Anniversary!!
What a wonderful card, love the fold of it...just gorgeous!

auntie lisa said...

Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby and best wishes for many more!! This little tea light holder is such a cool idea....and I love the image you used, she is adorable!
Lisa

Lena Katrine said...

Happy belated anniversary, sweetie!!!
I'm so happy to hear about you and your hubby - still being such in love :)

And your tea-light card looks fab, dear! Georgeous colours and cute image! Thanks for finding inspiration in my work - and for letting others now about it :)

Hope you're doing great, my friend!
Have a lovely day! Hugs, Lena

CraftinGranny said...

Congrats Kim! May you both have many more wonderful years together.

Your tealight card is adorable! EB stamps always add that special touch to projects and this one is no exception. Thanks for the tutorial link. Enjoy your special and wonderful day together.
"Hugs" Granny

Michelle Pearson said...

what a gorgeous couple! Wishing you a happily ever after!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...