Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Hunting

Here in Wisconsin we are right in the middle of Blaze Orange Season....otherwise known as Deer Hunting Season.  I had made a gun shaped card for my father-in-law for his birthday so I thought now would be a great time to share :)
My hubby and father-in-law like guns so when I was brain storming for a birthday card for my father-in-law I was wondering if it would be even possible to attempt to make a gun shaped card.  I asked my hubby what type of gun FIL liked and my hubby found the below picture on the internet for me:
Now I'm a total girlie girl and know NOTHING about guns.....So with this pictures printed off of the internet I set out to try and make my card.  I was sooooo excited with how the finishing product turned out!
The only items I used to make this card were black and brown cardstock, foam tape, pastel pencils and a metal screw brad.  There are many layers that have been popped up to make my gun appear realistic.  The shading to make the gun appear metal was done with pastel pencils in black, gray, and white on black cardstock.  And the handle was brown cardstock with the same shading from pastel pencils and the  brad to finish it off.
And here is what the inside of the card looks like.  I used my silver pen to write the message.  Don't you just love how when you have an idea in your head and it turns out even better when you are finished?  I hope you like my shaped card.  I would love to hear your comments on it!

To all my friends in the United States, I hope that you have a:
Very Blessed Thanksgiving!
I am so thankful for all my crafting friends in blogland!  You all mean so much to me!

P.S.....you might want to make sure you stop back here this weekend....
I have a feeling there might be some candy involved! :)

♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥
Photobucket

3 comments:

Tanya said...

Wow, this is really awesome! He will love it!

Paula said...

OH MY GOSH!! This is Awesome!! I really did have to do a double check just to make sure it is paper!! I even went and showed this to my husband and he was very impressed (I'm in a hunting family too!). Do you have a template you can share? I would love to make one (or several) of these!

Patricia St Martin said...

OMG, Kim this is awesome! Your card is so cool, my brother would just love a card like that. You did a great job.
Hugs, Patricia

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...