Friday, August 27, 2010

Stamps and Smiles Blog Hop

Welcome to the
Stamps and Smiles
August Release
Blog Hop

I hope you have enjoyed the samples of all the sets this week....I had a lot of fun creating them to share with you...and can't wait to create more projects....as the ideas are floating through my head...there are so many uses for these stamp sets!  

I hope you are having fun along the blog hop!!!  If you are here from Jennifer's blog then you are in the right stop and hopefully are adding all the amounts in the piggy banks as you go along.  If you happened to drop in, please head to the Stamps and Smiles Blog to start at the beginning on the hop...there are fun prizes to be won!  Now onto my piggy bank: 
Oooo that's almost enough to buy a new stamp set from Stamps and Smiles!!! :)  Yippy!!!

Now let's get onto my fun Blog Hop project...seeing how we are thinking piggies I thought I would share the lovely piggy bank set that I created.
I've used both of the Money Pig #1 and Money Pig #2 stamp sets for this fun project!  This set is a handmade piggy bank along with a matching card.  Papers are from the Basic Grey Oliver Collection
Here is the card using Money Pig #1.  Yesterday I have created a "Girl" version of this card....here is the Boy version using the stamp set! :)  Aren't those coins adorable too...those come in the stamp set!  Awesome or what?!  I love this sets to pieces!!!  I know you probably are sick of hearing me say that all week!  hee hee!
Piggy was colored with Copics and accented with a white gel pen!
And here are the coins again...they also were colored with Copics.
Now for my favorite project of this release....as soon as I saw these piggy stamp sets I knew I wanted to make a piggy bank!  Well I found an old plastic Prima jar and went to town. 
Here you can see the front, I left the lid so that it can still screw off so that the piggy bank owner can get to his/her money!
I used my craft knife to cut a slot in the top....see the money really will go in there....hee hee....I'm go giddy because this turned out exactly as I had it pictured in my head! :)
There's the money in there.  As you can see there is a red strip attached to the botton of the jar...that is a piece of cardboard covered by cardstock....it is so that the jar won't roll away.
And here's how you get your money out of the piggy bank! :)  I've hope you have enjoyed your stop here during our Blog Hop!  Now your next stop is over to Patricia's blog!

In case you get lost...here is the order of the stops:





Kim G (YOU ARE HERE)










♥ Thanks for stopping by & Happy Hopping! ♥
Photobucket

11 comments:

Rose said...

Kim this is the cutest piggy bank ever!!! :)

Jennifer Stricker said...

I love the Piggy bank! Are you saving money to come and see me?

Jennifer Meyer said...

Hi Kim :) Hope you had fun at the zoo yesterday!! Thanks SO much for all of your beautiful and creative samples this week! I just LOVE how you color and all of your samples were amazing!

LOVE the piggy bank, will have to try that with Hannah, she would LOVE it!

Have wonderful weekend ~ Hugs, Jennifer :)

Linda said...

Hi Kim....What a cute card with the coins down the side!! Love your adorable little piggy bank!!

Sue from Oregon said...

What a cute idea! this would be a great tooth fairy take as well! Darling!

Patricia Garcia said...

Oh this is too cute, love this idea!!

hugs,
Patricia

Riet said...

What a beautiful creations Kim.

Hugs Riet.xx

Tonje said...

Oh, wow! Love the piggy bank. What a great idea!

Tonje said...

Oh, wow! Love the piggy bank. What a great idea!

Renkata said...

Great idea Kim, I really love it.
The image is so cute.

XxJULESxX said...

oh Kim love the piggy bank!!!!!! its gorgeous!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...