I hope you are enjoying your week....good news it's the weekend!! YAY!! I hope you all are controlling your PEEKER FEVER by purchasing your very own The Peeker #2 Collection by Elisabeth Bell for SCACD?!?! I can tell you that I totally am controlling my fever by creating with this cuties! Today I am sharing my creation using Secret Garden Peeker! Make sure you grab a cup of coffee, tea, or hot cocoa, as this post is a bit lengthy....hee hee
Seriously I am soooo in love with all of these adorable Peekers!!! Miss. Secret Garden Peeker is so cute, I love how she is so shy, but yet wants to hop on over the fence to go and play with her friends! The papers I have used on this cutie are the gorgeous and oh-so-stunning Kaisercraft Blae & Ivy! OMG if you haven't ordered yours yet you sooooo need to get this pad...I love the elegance and beauty in each and every sheet in this pad! And it has to be good if I love it and there is NO pink in it! LOL! Susana has some AMAZING new 6x6 paper pads in too....you best go and order your favorites now before they are sold out! Click -->here<-- to go and see what I'm talking about! :)
Sweet Garden Peeker was colored with Copics and accented with my pastel pencil. I airbrushed the sky around her.
The moment I saw this adorable Peeker I knew that I wanted to make a shaker card with her (Kylie has an amazing tutorial that I followed)! The scene of this stamp is perfect to add some Green German Glass Glitter (80 Grit) mixed with some Kelly Green German Glass Glitter (100 Grit) ...have you seen the German Glass Glitter that Wild Orchid Crafts carries...oh my word....this stuff take glitter to a WHOLE new level! The sparkle this glass glitter gives is totally out of this world....so much more sparkly that regular glitter!!! I'm totally in love!!! WOC carries this is many colors and in medium and fine grit levels...which also mix very well together!t
To make the shaker part of my card:
1. I cut my colored image out with my Labels 1 Spellbinder Die.
2. I also cut out a piece of acetate using the same die that I used in step 1.
3. I took my designer piece of paper and my Square Spellbinder Die and cut out a square. *Make sure that you leave enough edge around the square because you will also be cutting out the Label 1 again over top of the square.*
4. Now with the same piece of paper that you have from Step 3 with the missing square in the middle, take that Labels 1 die again from step 1 and place the die over the square opening (see I told you that you would be using this piece of paper again :) When you cut this out it will give you the deisgner paper frame.
5. Now Glue/tape (I used scor tape because it holds the best, in my opinion) your acetate piece to the back side of the frame that you just made in step 4.
6. Now you will place foam tape all the way around the back side edges of the frame, do not leave any gaps. (If you leave gaps then you will have glitter all over when you shake your card.)
7. Pour your glitter into the middle of your frame on the acetate.
8. Attach your colored image to the foam tape.
9. Finally, shake and look at the beauty you just created!
Now back to the contents of the card:White Kniting Lace with Baby Blue Edging which is layered on top of some Wide White Guipure Lace. The bow is created with some gorgeous silk ribbon and my Bow Easy...Gotta love being able to get the perfect bow every time! The corner was accented using a decorative metal corner...I so love the elegance that these add!
25mm Rose, Cherry Blossoms, 15mm Roses, the green 15mm roses are the moss green roses from the classic colour collection (love the beautiful deep color of these!), 5mm closed rosebuds, and Gypsophilas. The beautiful crochet butterfly is NEW Venise Lace at Wild Orchid...these appliques are stunning!!! I then added some gorgeous self adhesive pearls to accent this beauty as well as the sentiment on the card (sentiment is from Kraftin Kimmie)! Foam tape was used to pop up the wings to appear that the butterfly has just landed on the card.
From here you can see all the dimension of the card! :) I hope you have enjoyed this cutie! I can't wait to see the beautiful shaker cards you all make now!!! Please drop by and leave me a link to your shaker card...I'd LOVE to see what you create!
Copic Colors Used: Hair: E11, E15, E25, E29, Skin: E000, E00, E11, E21, Dress: B000, B24, B32, RV09, RV19, Fence: E25, E30, E31, E33, E50, E59, E99, Grass: YG00, YG03, YG67, G14, G21, G99, C6, Flowers: V05
♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥