Saturday, December 31, 2011

Dancing the Night Away

Do you all have plans for the New Year?  My hubby and I will be celebrating at home, as my hubby has been busy working with no end in sight.  Which is ok with me because I have been studying studying and even more studying this past week.  I take my next CPA exam on Jan. 3rd....eeek!  Hoping to pass this one!  Yesterday I took a couple hours away from my book and decided to color for a bit.
This is my entry for the Color Me Creative - Holiday Color Challenge which was to use Gold, White & Cream!  I had so much fun making this card.....and can you believe I used NO dp?!  I was in awe myself!  I was searching high and low for the perfect gold/cream/white dp and couldn't find what I wanted so I decided to make my own!  The glittlery cream cardstock is from DCWV, and then I found some metallic gold cardstock and finally I made my own dp!  My dp was made using Brilliance Gold Ink, a Sizzix embossing folder and some white cardstock.  And I love how it turned out!  My dp was decorated using my SB Edgeabilities (Classic Ric Rac and Classic Scallops) and finished off with some May Arts Lacey Ribbon.  Sentiment is from PTI Mega Mixed Messages and was embossed using TH Gold Embossing powder.
This cutie is Happy Days by Elisabeth Bell for SCACD and she is a part of the Odds & Ends Sampler.  I love this collection to pieces!  Miss. Happy Days was colored with Copics and accented with my pastel pencils.  Her shoes, sweater cuffs, hair ties, and shirt got a gorgeous coat of Diamond Stickles.  Her belt buckle was accented using my Gold Spica Pen.

Copic Colors Used: skirt/shirt/shoes/belt: YR20, YR24, Y15, Y26, Y28, Jacket: Y21, Y26, Y32, Hair: E33, E53, E57, E59, skin: E000, E00, E11, R11, R20.
Wild Orchid Crafts arrangement was made using a 35mm Trellis Rose, 25mm Wild Rose, 15mm Roses, 10mm Rose, 8mm Semi-opened Roses, Gold Glitter Holly Berries, Gypsophilas, Gold Heart Pin, and Decorative Crown pin.  Flowers were glittered with Diamond Stickles because I love the gold sparkle that this leaves.  And finally the arrangements was finished with some Zva Creative Gold Rhinestone Swirls.
And one more angled view so you can see all the shimmer, glitter, sparkle, and dimension!  I hope you have enjoyed my creation!

Wishing you and your family 
a Very Happy New Years!

Challenges I would like to enter:

♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥
Photobucket

18 comments:

THERESA said...

WOW, this is unbelieve beautiful, from top to bottom, the coloring is perfect and every bit of embellie just compliments the image, loveeeeeeeee it!!
Happy New Year to you and yours!!
lotsa luv

Linda Palmer said...

Kim, Your card is beautiful. Love all the glitter and gold. Beautiful design.

Riet said...

So beautiful card Kim,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the details.

Happy New Year.
Hugs Riet.xx

Patricia St Martin said...

OMG!!! Kim you sure out done yourself on this card my friend. I love every part of it. As always you coloring is stunning. You did a great job making your own dp I just love what you created. For some reason it seams like a long time since I have been here??? I do not know why, have you been on vacation or something? I want to wish you and your family a Happy New Year. Also thanks for joining us CMC.
Hugs, Pat

Julie said...

Beautiful card - glorious colours and embellies! Happy 2012, Juliexx

Mary Lou said...

WOWWIE~~Brilliant Hun!!!!! YGG!!! Love it!!!
Good luck on your next test!!!
Love Ya Lots

Cheryl said...

Hi Kim , your card is absolutely stunning, love it !!!
Happy New Year to you and your family.
Hugs Cheryl

Renkata said...

wow Kim,
how chic and gorgeous is this card.
This is just so right for New Year!
Also, Thanks for join us at CMC Copic.
Hug's
Renkata

coops said...

stunning card kim.i love the image and your colours and design are gorgeous :D
happy new year.

xx coops xx

Teala said...

This is a beautiful card! Wow! Just ran across it while searching for inspiration. Good luck to you on the CPA exam! I just retired after 30 years as an accountant and never had the courage to sit for the exam. I'm sure you will do great!

Lea Ann said...

OMGosh!! She is beautiful and soooo shimmery!!!
Lea Ann

angelwhispers said...

Happy New Year Kim and good luck with your exams xxx

Love the card your colouring is just awesome and such fab detail! Chanelle xxx

Michele Spera said...

Oh Love this beautiful job! Thank you so much for joining us at Color Me Creative
Hugs
Michele

debby4000 said...

Love your adorable card Kim, amazing details.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby

Brook said...

Gorgeous card Kim. I just love how you colored the pleats of her dress and the flowers you added are beautiful. Nice to see another numbers person exercising the right half of their brain. Good luck on your exam and thanks for joining us at the CMC Copic Challenge.

Sandie said...

Absolutely stunning!! Wonderful colouring, card design and flower arrangement. Thank you for joining us at the CMC Copic Challenge and good luck xx

AdoraBella said...

WOW, this is stunning! I love those lovely white/gold color palette - it's so elegant! And your embellishments are just gorgeous - I have a ribbon like this one here. Thanks for reminding me to use it :) And your coloring is really profesional - like always!
Hugs
- Maria

Zib said...

The palette is perfect and the designs are amazing! You inspire me to make my own cards better!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...