Sunday, October 5, 2008

Happy Card Making Day!

Well I am a day late for world card making day....but yesterday I did get a little bit of card making in! I was supposed to be studying....but SHHHHH don't tell....plus I am busy studying today instead of playing! Yesterday I made birthday cards because it was my Mom's 50th Birthday.....and my brother's birthday is this coming Wednesday. We celebrated both birthdays last night. We went to an elegant restaurant as a family and it was so much fun! We laughed all night! I will share these birthday cards with you later this week! You don't want to miss them...they turned out awesome. Way to make you wait huh?!

I also wanted to let you know that today I uploaded my VERY 1st tutorial on the Wish On A Scrap blog. Click HERE to go to my tutorial! You will learn how to take an ordinary Cuttlebug embossing folder and turn it into a tool to make pretty beaded elements for your projects! Below are two of my creations using this technique!

First is a pretty autumn card: And second, is an altered notebook. This is my 1st Magnolia project too! I just love coloring Tilda! I used my Copics to color her, and placed her on my beaded branch paper to make it look like she is sitting in a tree!
Hope you like!

10 comments:

Loreen said...

These projects came out beautiful!

Javablustamper said...

Beautiful!! As always!! I LOVE them both!! That technique with the CB folder turned out great and I love the colors!! Hope you are well!! Now, I am off to check out your tutorial!! I am so excited to see it!! Take care!!

Lorie said...

So pretty! I'm off to see your tutorial!

Kimmie said...

WOW! I'm so impressed... was it really easy to do with the microbeads?

Courtney said...

Oh how pretty! And congratulations on your first tutorial!

Kim's Life said...

Love the card! Great Tutorial!

Melissa said...

Your tutorial was awesome. You are a true enabler! I have to get some sticky powder and try this. Thanks for the inspiration.

Krystinah said...

So cute Kim...I love this Tilda...Your coloring looks awesome....Love the jeans...Kristina

Sue from Oregon said...

This is soooo cool! I will have to give it a try! Thanks for the tutorial also!

Sharron Lynne said...

Great tutorial. I love the cards. I'm wondering if what you call Sticky Powder is the same as Stamp and Bond? Based on your description of how to use Sticky Powder, Stamp and Bond goes on the same way.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...