Thursday, August 14, 2008

Crafting In A NEW Way!

Well today was definitely a busy day! I decided to try my knack at jewelry making thanks to seeing Nichole's tutorial and awesome gift she created! I used to make beaded jewelry back when I was in high school so I thought I would mix my jewelry making skills with stamping and see what I come up with! And the final product looks like this:

I LOVE how these turned out and making the custom charms was soooo much fun! I used my polyshrink by my August Wish On A Scrap kit. What better then to be able to wear your custom stamped art! I have had my bracelet on ALL DAY today...of course mine looks like the pink and black one above! :) I am going to start selling these so if anyone would like to place an order please e-mail me for further information!

My hubby has been busy the past few weeks custom building a deer stand....so in between my crafting I have had to go out to the garage and hold a few boards so he can nail them together. Yesterday the siding went on the deer stand......And today was paint day! I told hubby from Day 1 that when paint day came around I wanted to help....because all we had to do was camouflage the bright tan siding. We had a blast spray painting today! My thumbs got super sore and we went through 5 cans of spray paint. I think I had more paint of my fingers than on the stand! ha ha! So this was my CRAFTING IN A NEW WAY for today! What do you all think? I even took pictures to show you how it turned out!!!


I told hubby that is his Home Away From Home! ha ha! There are window's that still have to be put in...they weren't in yet b/c of the paint! I think he did an AWESOME job for doing it all by himself!

Tomorrow I am hostessing a Stampin' Up party! I am so excited!!!!! I will post the creations we make at the party sometime this weekend....my brother's friend is getting married Saturday and my brother is in the wedding so we will be gone Saturday too! Don't miss me too much!

11 comments:

Loreen said...

Your bracelets came out great! I love the camo deer stand, but where is the bling on that baby? Did you forget to embellish that or what? ;)

Kimmie said...

Those braselets are beautiful!

Courtney said...

The bracelets are gorgeous! And how "crafty" is your husband? LOL!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

I love the bracelets!!! they are adorable. I know your hand must hurt from bulding the stand , but I cringe to look at it. I am totally against hunting :/ blechk!!! You do not want to go with me to the bass pro shop. :) lol... thats another story for another time :)

Christi Flores said...

Those bracelets are absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Susan said...

So cute! Love the bracelets and isn't the poly shrink fun to play with? Love, love it!

And great job on the deer stand! Good hunting!

Tasha said...

I love your shrink art on your beautiful bracelets! I am not into hunting myself, but that is the prettiest deer stand I have ever seen. It looks more like a tree fort a great Dad would make his son. I hope the guys end up hanging out and having a few beers and forget about the deer. Really, though the stand is very well done. Here's a bling idea, something not too overstated, maybe a little olive glimmer mist?

Candy said...

Hi Kim,
Your braclets are wonderful!!! Is there anything you can't do??
Good job on the deer stand. The colours are great. My DH hunts and fishes as well. Not me! I will not hit the fish over the head to kill it so any I catch I don't keep; and once I went deer hunting and cried so much when he killed one that I am not allowed to go any more LOL That suits me fine. I do however love to eat what ever he brings home!!
Have fun at the wedding - I will miss your posts.
Hugs,
Candy

Lynn Put said...

Very pretty braclets!!!
What a cool hunting blind, my DH and DS hunt and would love having something like this to use!
Your DH did a great job on this!

Kim's Life said...

Love the bracelet!!!! You can see the bead purse I made for my Bella Sistah at http://kimnamsoonslifeblog.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2008-08-19T00%3A16%3A00-05%3A00

Your DH's hunting blind is cool too. I'd be the last person you would want to be around if I'm holding a gun... I'm too uncoordinated, and would end up shooting the cars, trees, etc...

Anyway, Great Job! Love your blog!!!

Krystinah said...

Well Kim you are just do it all...I love your braclets so very cute...And helping the DH can be fun and what a great job you guys did...Tell him what a great job I think he did...What will you be working on next??? It never ends huh? Happy Stamping....Kristina

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...