Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Magnolia Vs. Stampavie Challenge 8

I want to thank everyone who sent me congratulations and best wishes for my "Chick Status" (if you haven't seen....my exciting news post is below)! It means a lot to me to know everyone cares! I am very excited to create for Courtney! Thanks again Courtney for asking me to join the peeps!

This card goes along perfect with today's post! Over at the Magnolia Vs. Stampavie Challenge blog this week's challenge was a sketch challenge....but there is a small twist! You need to make your card a Thank You card....so this is for each and everyone of you out there who support me, inspire me, and challenge me! You are all treasured friends!

Here is this week's sketch: I decided to use my Tilda with rose that I got from my Secret Angel in the Magnolialicious Yahoo Group! Thanks again Lisa! I absolutely LOVE her! I colored Tilda with my Copics, added stickles to her wings and lace on her dress. Then I used some pink perfect pearls and painted on top of the rose for some extra shimmer! It gave the flower a beautiful irridescent effect! Papers used were Dovecraft from the Hint of Pink pack, DCWV, SU cardstock, and some clearance papers that I got from Michaels.

Flowers are primas. Lace, beads, and charms are from my stash. Punches used were the negative from my Heart Corner Punch (from Wish On A Scrap), and my Martha floral boarder punch which I made into cute corners. I got this idea from one of my idols, Suzanne! You can see her awesome idea here!She is so creative, and her work is absolutely amazing! If you haven't gone over to her blog, click on over there and take a look. You won't be disappointed!

And if you take a close look at my charm, you will see it says Thanks! I thought that was a perfect touch!
Then of course we have the finished inside! I think this is my favorites inside done so far!
Hope everyone is having a good week! Tomorrow I am off to go and craft with my Grandma! We are going to take a card class together! I am very excited, and it's so special to be spending time with my Gram doing what we both love to do! (She's a very talented card maker!!!) I can't wait to come back and show you what we make! It's going to be a real treat, I promise!!!! I saw a product of the class and it's amazing!!!!
And I have a few more blog candy places for you:
Stop over by Simon...there is some AMAZING candy there!
Mumur has some WOJ Herb candy!
Monika some some fab give aways!
Lim has some Hanglar candy! Woo-Hoo...can't get them here!
AND don't forgot to head on over to the Wish Blog and get your challenge card entered to with a WOJ Lizzie with Box of Chocolates stamp...you only have until Sunday, January 11th!
Thanks for stopping!

35 comments:

Ann Kranitz said...

another beauty Kim....have fun with your grandma tomorrow.

Danni said...

What a pretty card!! Love it! Have a fun time tomorrow!

Lori said...

Hi Kim,
Your Tilda is adorable. Thanks for the nice comments on my blog. I have an ink jet printer. I am very happy with the way the images printed.
Lori

Allison said...

beautiful card, love the colours, the papers are great
AllisonX

Moni said...

Gorgeous card, love the paper, the charm! hugs, moni

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Awesome take on the sketch. Tilda is colored so beautifully.
x Natasha x

Monika/Buzsy said...

Congrats on being a 'chick'. :o) Super cute card. Love the cute image and the great colors. Thanks for the shout out...

Nancy said...

Wunderwunderschön!!

LG
Nancy

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

this is so pretty!!! I love the detail, texture and the inside of the card. Very Very Prettiliscious!

COCO said...

oh very elegant card !!!!! and very chic !!!!

Javablustamper said...

Hey Kim!! I LOVE IT!!! So Cute!!! Hope you have fun!!

Donalda said...

Oh this is just gorgeous dear and so love the colors you have chosen to use so perfect. But all your work is gorgeous dear. Thank you so much for always leaving me such wonderful comments that make my day dear. If I ever feel discouraged I can count on you to cheer me up. Hugs

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. Great colouring.

Hugs Vanja

Raisa said...

Thank You so much for Your kind words, I didn't realize I won the challenge... :)

Congratulations for Your big news. I've been looking around here in Your blog for a while now and there is so much wonderfull creations to see that I'm going to stay here a while more :))

Hugs
Raisa

Suzanne J Dean said...

Congrats on being a "chick"--you deserve it! Love the Mag card--you did a fabby job with it!

hugz,
Suzanne

Anonymous said...

A belated congrats on your new CBCC team appointment. I'm excited to see what you create. This Tilda is adorable BTW.

Chris (catt871) said...

She is beautiful!!! That is a great layout & the paper is so yummy!!!
Chris

stampingtink said...

Just to cute! I love the colors, you and your pink! Isn't she just too cute! I love the black lace. Just adorable. Have a great time tomorrow! Grandmas are special!

Kerry D-C said...

this is GORGEOUS!! I love all the elements and details!

Candy said...

Hi Kim,
What a gorgeous card - as always I might add.
They just keep getting better and better.

Have a great day with your gramma tomorrow - looking forward to seeing what you make :o)
Hugs

Carole said...

Really beautiful card and such gorgeous accents.
Have a nice weekend.
Hugs
Carole x

Debbie said...

Absolutely gorgeous Kim, love the image and all of the beautiful details you have added. Debbie x

Janneke said...

Great card :D

Love the colors

X Janneke

Sarah said...

Cute card...love the colours and all the little details...the Tilda is really cute too.

cats whiskers said...

ow Kim this is stunning I just adore the fabulous colours and your colouring is just perfect dear. Have a great day with your Grandma, I envy you to have someone to craft with dear
Hugs Jacqui x

Jennifer Meyer said...

Hi Kim :) Your card is so sweet! I just LOVE the pretty colors and detail.

Have a wonderful weekend,
Jennifer :)

Bev said...

Kim this is AMAZING!!! Oh I love the colours and the papers honey, and all the little details make for perfection!!

huggles Bev x

Inger Marie said...

Such a cute card. i love the colour and the details on your card.
Have a wonderful weekend
Hugs from Inger Marie

Rach said...

gorgeous kim, so much beautiful details to take in..wonderful colour combo hun..have fun crafting with Gram..hugs rachxx

Courtney said...

Gorgeous, Girl! The inside is just as pretty as the outside! Your coloring is fan-tab! tfs!

Jeanette said...

Gorgeous card Kim! Congrats on your "chick" news. You deserve it...your creations are always fabulous! Hugs Jeanette

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim:)Love your card the colours are gorgeous:)
Cant wait to hear about your card class with your Grandma!!!Bet you both had a fabulous Day..Enjoy the rest of your weekend:)~X~

Tara Godfrey said...

This card is just so pretty, kim! Great colours combo! Love Tilda she is coloured to perfection, as always! I love the photo corners made with the border punch! That is a fab idea!!!
Hugs,t

Loreen said...

Great card! They are so lucky to have you on their team =)

Chrissy D said...

Ohhhh this is soooo pretty! Love the rose colors and your embellishments add the PERFECT touch!!! LOVELY!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...