Monday, September 6, 2010

MAMM #3 - Inka Gold & TonerTex

Hello again Friends~

WOW can you believe it's already the first Monday of the month?  WOW where did summer go huh?!  Sorry it' now Monday night....I ended up going to our town parade this morning and then to the carnival again for a while....then had to come home and do homework and now I can finally post some fun for you!!!

Sooooo since it's the 1st Monday of the Monday that means it's MAKE A MESS MONDAY over at SCACD!  Today Marti and I are showcasing the wonderful Viva Decor Inka Gold!  Don't let the name fool you...Inka Gold comes in MANY colors!!!  A little bit about Inka Gold....it is a creamy metal gloss paint that is very easy to apply.  Inka Gold can be applied to many surafces including paper, wood, polymer clay....it works best on absorbent/porous surfaces.  It's fast drying and once dry can be polished to bring out an even glossier shine.  When dry the finish is like a metallic gloss!  I love this stuff!!!!
First I took a wooden box....no primer needed.....then dipped my fingers into my Violet Inka gold jar and start rubbing the paste all over the box.  Normally when I use acrylic paint to paint wood it takes many many many coats....BUT with Inka Gold it only took ONE COAT to cover the whole box completely!  The paste spreads super easy, and if you don't want to get your fingers dirty (although it washes easily off with soap and water) you can use a foam brush to paint the paste on.  Once the paint is dry you can then take a paper towel and rub in circular motions to buff the paint which will leave a glossy shine!  Seriously this stuff is awesome!!!!
Next I decided to try using the Inka Gold in the context of a card!  I used the Viva Decor Inka Gold in Steel Blue for my next project!
 For this card I've once again used my Kraftin Kimmie Arianna stamp set!  DP is once again from the fabulous Prima Fairy Flower collection.  The ocean scene that Arianna and her seahorse friend are popped up on is made using some WONDERFUL VIVA DECOR products!!!

Arianna, seaweed, and Mr. Seahorsy were colored with Copics and accented with a white gel pen. For their awesome ocean I took a plain piece of white cardstock and covered it totally with Viva Decor Inka Gold in Steel Blue.  The wonderful thing about the Inka Gold is that a little bit goes a very long way!  After the Inka Gold dried on my paper I then took my Viva Decor Champagne Modeling Cream with just a teeny tiny bit of Dreamweaver Eye of Tiger Mica Powder.  Then I smoothed the modeling cream over the bottom portion of the paper, after the modeling cream was smoothed on I grabbed a paint brush and dabbed the edge of the brush all over for the textured effect.  Then I took my stencil brush, dipped it in the Eye of Tiger Mica powder, held the brush over my paper and tapped the edge of the brush so flecks of the mica powder fell on the modeling cream for the specks in the sand.  And voila you have one beach scene!  How cool is that?  And VERY easy to do!!!
Flowers are from the fabulous Wild Orchid Crafts!  Arrangement consists of a large 35mm Wild Rose, two 25mm Hybrid Tea Roses, two 15mm roses, and two 10mm roses.
From this view you can see all the bling and sparkle to this magnificent mermaid!  Arianna has some gorgeous sparkles in her hair thanks to my Sakura Star Dust pen.  The amazing bling on her fins and tail are thanks to my TonerTex Pen and Foils. The foils are so easy to use and there are amazing and fun patterns you can get along with solid colors.  I'm hoping you can kind of see the metallic of the Steel Blue Inka Gold from this view too!

Now make sure you go and get your FUN Viva Decor Inka Gold to play with!!!  :)

**NEW PRODUCT ALERT** Susana has recently gotten a very unique crafting product in!  It's a line called Epiphany Crafts and these are indivudal tools where you can make your own customized buttons and epoxy bubbles (you know...the ones like Prima makes with the cute designs)...now you can make YOUR OWN  and they will match your creation PERFECTLY!  How awesome is that?!  Make sure you go and check these out...I think they are TOTALLY reasonable in price!  I sure can't wait to get my order now!!!
♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥
Photobucket

4 comments:

Crystal said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this Kim, wOOOOWWEE girl you are sooooo creative!!! Gorgeous work as always sweetie!

tiggertastic said...

what a bright, fun and cheerful card, i love it

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

OH my! This is absolutely gorgeous, Kim! Arianna is so sparkly and pretty....and I can't believe you cut out the seahorse and the coral!! Fantastic colouring too!!

Paula (PEP) said...

Love the little seahorse & the colours of this mermaid. Her fins & hair are amazing & that seaweed is delightful.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...