Tuesday, September 28, 2010

SCACD Little Acorn Sneak Peek

I'm SUPER pumped today because I get to share with you a preview from the DUAL MINI RELEASE from SCACD!  If you haven't read my previous posts.....I'll share the info again, we are having two mini releases--one from Elisabeth Bell and one from Victoria Case for SCACD!  Both of these mini sets will be released this Thursday (Sept. 30th) so mark your calendars because you don't want to miss this release....I'm telling you they are all a MUST have!!!!  And don't forget that Susana has some AMAZING Blog Candy at the store blog!  Click -->HERE<-- to go and enter!  So today I'm using one of the cute NEW Victoria Case images called "Little Acorn" from the Mini Little Acorn Set! 
She's so sweet with her cute little ladybug!  She's definitely a favorite from this new release....I absolutely love her!  Papers are from the NEW Basic Grey Pyrus Collection, boy do I love this stack!  Gorgeous colors!  Corners have been jazzed up with my Viva Decor Dark Brown Pearl Pen.
 
Little Acorn was colored with Copics and accented with a white gel pen.  Her little ladybug friend was decorated with my TonerTex pen and Red FoilViva Decor Glitter Liner in Hologram was used on her hair ties for extra sparkle.  Stamped the swirly leaf frame and then used Metallic Rub On in Sky Blue to add a soft shimmer to the edges.  Love the sparkle and shimmer that the Metallic Rub On adds! 
As I promised last night, this card also showcases the Epiphany Crafts Flower 20 Button Maker!  I love how you can customize your buttons to match your project with these fun tools, and I think they are very reasonably priced, and SUPER EASY to use!  They truly punch like a dream.  If you have arthritis or problems with your hands and you are worried about punches being too tough for you, these certainly are NOT a concern at all!  You hardly use any pressure when punching.  I've also used my Bow Easy to create the beautiful bow. 
Flowers are from the fabulous Wild Orchid Crafts.  Arrangement consists of 35mm Large Wild Rose, 25mm Wild Roses, Aster Daisies, 15mm Rose, 8mm semi-open roses, 5mm closed rosebud.  All flowers started out white, I used my Copic ABS to get the exact colors to match my card.  Then flowers got a coat of Illuminate Smooch to jazz them up!

I hope you've enjoyed this sneak peek!  Wait until you see the rest of the collection at the SCACD DT's Blog Hop on Thursday, Sept. 30th....seriously all these stamps are gotta haves!!! :)  If you haven't already signed up for Susana's WONDERFUL NEW RELEASE CANDY, make sure you head over to the SCACD Store Blog HERE to sign up now, you only have until Wednesday to sign up!

Challenge I would like to enter:
Friday Sketchers - Jeanette's Sketch

Recipe:
Stamps: Little Acorn by Victoria Case for SCACD (will be released Thurs. Sept 30th), Artistic leaves (Hero Arts), Essential Sentiments (MFT),
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Rich Cocoa, Copics, White Gel Pen,
Copic Colors Used: Acorn: E01, E15, E29, Hat: E41, E42, E43, E44, Skin: E000, E00, E11, R02, Shading: W3, Hair: E25, E49, E53, E59, Eyes: E0000, E02, E04, Pants: BG000, BG01, BG05, BG09, Shirt/Shoes: Y32, YR21, YR24, Ladybug:T02, T04, T06
Papers: Basic Grey Pyrus Collection
Tools: Epiphany Crafts Flower 20 Button Maker, Bow Easy, Word Window Punch and Modern Label Punch (SU)
Embellishments: Viva Decor Dark Brown Pearl Pen, TonerTex pen and Red FoilViva Decor Glitter Liner in Hologram, Metallic Rub On in Sky Blue, Illuminate Smooch, 35mm Large Wild Rose, 25mm Wild Roses, Aster Daisies, 15mm Rose, 8mm semi-open roses, 5mm closed rosebud (Wild Orchid Crafts), Ribbon, and Raffia.


♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥
Photobucket

8 comments:

Crystal said...

AWWW Kim she is sooooo CUTE, LOVE these papers and colors..your details are beautiful!

Riet said...

Beautiful card Kim,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.x

Renkata said...

Hi Kim, such a cute image,
You have created amazing card with gorgeous details.

Peggie said...

Super card. Love the rich colors.

Aud said...

Fabulous card! She is sooooooooooooo sweet! Love the colors you've used!

Hugs,
Aud

Nancy said...

Oh, this is SO cute, and I love the colors you chose!

CraftyC said...

Wow Kim, I love your card. She is so pretty and the colours on this are gorgeous!!
Clairex

Anonymous said...

Oh jeepers, I could have gushed about this card down here!!! I would NOT have known about metallic rub on, so I owe you big for that, sure seems like I could really get some use out of it, if I ever get my scrap room organized from the move. Wanted to ask you about the bauble makers. I'm a little annoyed that completely separate machines - not cheap either!!! - must be purchased for all the different kinds and all the different sizes. I got to thinking, you know, although I have no tools (no die cutting machine, no nothin') really to speak of except an Alien Cuttlebug, in this economy it sure would seem more pragmatic to create a machine that could interswap cartridges - the various round bauble sizes would each be a cartridge, just like the flowers would be - not unlike the Cricut. And then, who has the room to store all those bauble makers? I would absolutely love to hear your feedback on those questions, sincerely!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...