Friday, September 17, 2010

TIOT 84 - Anything But a Square

Happy Weekend!

I hope you are having some fun this weekend!  WOW another week of school has gone by!  This semester sure is flying by....must be because I am really enjoying my classes!  However, with a busy week full of homework means not a lot of crafty time. :(  I did finally get my TIO*T* card done for this week! YAY!  Suzanne has challenged us to create a card that is ANYTHING BUT A SQUARE!  Oh I love making fun shaped easel cards!!!  So I grabbed my SB Labels 11 and went to work!
The cutie on this card is one of the new Animapeeps from the newest Elisabeth Bell for SCACD collection....her name is Just Ducky.  Speaking on NEW....I have a bunch of NEW goodies on this card!  The wonderful papers are from the Cosmo Cricket Mitten Weather collection.  These papers are so beautiful....there are gorgeous holiday papers in here as well as papers that can be used for any occasion, like those that I've used on this card.  And my FAVORITE new tool  that I have used on this card is the Epiphany Crafts flower button maker!  See those oh so cute flower buttons....I made them myself with the papers from the Mitten Weather Cosmo Cricket collection!  I love how easy it was to make buttons that matched my project perfectly!  These makers are a dream to use, SUPER easy, and MEGA fun!  I think it took me less than 2 minutes to make both customized buttons!  You seriously need to get one of these!  I can't wait to use my solid round one now! :) 
Isn't Just Ducky so adorable?  She seriously is a dream to color!  I've colored her with Copics and and then accented her with my TonerTex Pen and have used Diamond Glaze on her eyes.  I've used the TonerTex pen and Glitters on her hair bow and boots.  Then this sweetie's umbrella was accented using the TonerTex pen and Foils.  Love the holographic foils, they are so gorgeous!  Here you can see a close up of the Epiphany button too!
The bottom of the card holds a sentiment so this card can be used for any occasion, and again showcases the Epiphany button!
Finally, a side view to share the dimension and shine with you.  The umbrella has been double popped up so that it sits higher than Just Ducky.  I hope you have enjoyed my Anything But a Square card, make sure you head over to the SCACD Blog to see what my DT Sisters have made!  I hope you come back soon, as I have some more goodies to share with you soon!

Recipe:
Stamps: Just Ducky by Elisabeth Bell for SCACD, Sentiment (Stamps and Smiles)
Inks: Memento Tuxedo BlackCopics,
Copic Colors Used: Ducky: E000, E50, E51, E53; Eyes: B0000, B01, B04; Beek: YR12, YR16; Clothes, Boots and Hair bow: BV0000, BV11, V93, V95; Umbrella: BG0000, BG10, BG11; Shading: W1, W3
Papers: Cosmo Cricket Mitten Weather Collection
Tools: SB Labels 11, Epiphany Crafts Flower button maker, EK Success leaf punch,
Embellishments: Diamond Glaze, TonerTex pen and Glitters and Foils,

♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥
Photobucket

5 comments:

Becky said...

How adorable!! I love the shape of this card and the details and coloring are gorgeous girl..:)

CraftyC said...

What a gorgeous easel card Kim. Love the colours and the image is so cute!
Clairex

Tara Godfrey said...

Hey Kim! Glad to read that you are enjoying your classes,hun! You card is absolutely adorable...OMGosh I love this wee duckie she is too cute for words! This card totally brought back memories of Hannah when she was wee. She had a frog umbrella just like that...Love all the glitter and sparkle...will have a look at these TonerTex pens...first I've heard of them! You are such an enabler...but I love it,lol!
Have a great weekend, hun, keep cozy...not sure if it is cold and rainy where you are but it is here!
Big Big Hugs,t

Mary Lou said...

Oh Kim this is cute as a button:D
Love all those new products you showcase and the card is so dern cutsey!!!
Great papers, that tonertex pen and foils and those coool cool buttons are so wondrous!!!

Thanks for visit and reminder of watermark--kinda forgot with all new funzie things i learnin about my mac~~silly me:)
Love Mom

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Kim.

Hugs Riet.x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...