Thursday, September 2, 2010

TIOT #82 - Three Things from SCACD + A Stamp

Hello Friends~

It's Thursday....and that means it's my 1st day of school!  Ahhhhh....where did my short summer vacation go?!  At least this should be my LAST YEAR in school....Woo-Hoo!!!!  The count down is on!!!  Yippy!!!!

Thursday also means it's TIOT over at SCACD!  Today Suzanne has challenged us to use 3 products from SCACD & a stamp too!  Ooooo I think I went a little over board...used way more than 3 products!  I can't wait to share some of the NEW products with you!!!

I decided to make an Underwater Themed Card using one of the KKS from the Mermaid collection, this cutie is Arianna.  Isn't she adorable?  I figured since summer is coming to an end I would ink up this beauty before the leaves start to fall.  I've used papers from K&Company Jubilee collection!  Viva Decor Turquoise Pearl Pen was used in the upper left hand corner to get the custom size pearls I needed.
Arianna has been colored Copics and accented with a white gel pen.  Then I've used the BRAND NEW TonerTex Pen and Glitters on Miss. Arianna's tail and fins!  OMG you sooooo have to get one of these...it makes applying glitter so easy and with little mess!  Suzanne has a fab video -->HERE<-- showcasing this fab product!  Check it out if you haven't already!  You can also use this pen to add beautiful foils to your products!  I have projects coming up using the foils!!!  Now I'm hoping you are wondering how I created my water scene behind Arianna.....well this is a combination of Dreamweaver Metallic Gold Embossing Paste mixed with Eye of the Tiger Mica powder to get this fun warm sand.  After I mixed the two together I just smoothed it on my white cardstock to dry.  The water is created using Viva Decor Precious Metal in Blue Lagoon, which is a metallic paint that I just applied to the cardstock as well....and Voila one water scene created! :)  The scene is then popped up on top of the Brand New SB Beaded Ovals!

Now for these fun seashells....aren't they so stinking cute?!  Love them!  They were made using the Dreamweaver Scallop Stencil.  I mixed Dreamweaver Metallic Gold Embossing Paste with Glacier Mica powder to get this beautiful blue-green color and it shimmer golds as you turn the card! Absolutely gorgeous!  Then I grabbed my TonerTex Pen and glitters again and edged all the seashells to give them some bling!

I hope you've enjoyed my sample today!  I lost count....but I'm sure it's WAYYYYY over 3 products that I've used for you! Hee hee!  Hope you all have a wonderful day and for those of you in the US I hope you have a wonderful Labor Day Weekend!  Our town hosts a huge celebration all weekend so we will be busy with all of that.  Hubby and I work the annual car show every year....so that will be my whole Saturday...but no school on Monday because of labor day....yay maybe I can get some crafty time in then! :)

♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥
Photobucket

9 comments:

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

very pretty

Crystal said...

EEEK Kim this is SUPER SWEET LOVE this darling image and your attention to detail girl is FABULOUS!!!! Another AWESOME CREATION!!

Paula (PEP) said...

Absolutely luscious with those colours. Hope the year is successful for you & I you can leave the studying behind - that is hard work whilst running a home & all you do. Take care.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Melanie said...

KIM!!! Oh my, this is INCREDIBLE! I absolutely love Arianna...she was one of my favourites from the Mermaid release! You have coloured her beautifully...her tail is incredible! I love the translucent effect you acheived. The background is amazing. The papers are beautiful...and those die cut swirls! LOVE IT! (think I need that die) You really do have some incredible products at your fingertips...lol, I would love to see your craft room!

Renkata said...

wow Kim, that is some very cute and lovely card. Love how you have coloured the image.

Riet said...

So beautiful card Kim,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Danni said...

Another super stunning and fabulous card!! Wow!! Love this!

XxJULESxX said...

Hi Kim wow! gorgeous card fab colours!!!

Mary Lou said...

OMWord Kim --this is MAGNIFICENT~~I want to come and play with you everyday!!!
Unbelieveably Dynamite!!!
God Bless
Mom

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...