Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Basic Grey Sketch Challenge

I got some time to play along with the Basic Grey Challenge this week! WOW...it seems like it's been forever since I got to play along with a challenge. Today I took some time away from my school books and had some "me" time! I have another surprise coming up tomorrow too! Make sure you come back to see what I have up my sleeve!

This week's Basic Grey Challenge is a sketch challenge! Sketches are my favorite! I used the new Marrakech papers....I wasn't going to buy this paper pack until I saw people using it, and then I knew I had to have it! I am totally in love with these papers...and they work perfect for boy cards!!! I used Jet from InStyle Stamps and colored him with my Copics. Since this is a boy card I didn't "deck" it up too much....I used my EK Success border punch, and added a few orange baubles from my stash. Can you believe I made a card and didn't add any ribbon? I am still in total shock that I didn't add ribbon! LOL!
Here's a close up of handsome Jet!
The inside of the card is quite simple. I followed through with my EK Success border from the front. On the left hand side I used the negative parts of the cut out and decorated this cute circle.
I hope everyone is having a Happy Hump Day!
I am busy taking a Business Stats Exam today! ICK! Wish me luck!
Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

Ivolina said...

Very cute card. Nice colors.

MalinL said...

So gorgeous card!!

Kim Piggott said...

Hello miss kimmie kim kim,
Love your gorgeous card! Such a sweet image and your papers are delicious!
Love that border and your inside is fabulous too!
Oooooooh stats bet you love them!
Good luck!
hugs
kim x

papercraftsbyrach said...

Hiya Kim,
love your card, the papers suit your image perfectly hun.
hugs rach xx

Vicky said...

This is adorable, Kim!! Love that paper - great job!

bastelzauberin said...

Kim...
Such a sweet image and your papers are delicious!

hugs
Silke

Debby said...

What a great card. I too love those papers although I don't have any yet. Great cigar box too and good job on the watermark. I just got c3 and I'm clueless. I think I'm going to try Jessica Sprague.

Risa said...

Your card is awesome Kim! The sketch is awesome and Jet is so handsome. TFS!!!
hugs
Risa:)

ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

Love this! Such a great job, love Jet! Your coloring is awesome!
hugz
deb

Maria said...

Wow, beautiful coloring Kim! Jet looks way cool . . .such awesome colors and those papers are beautiful. Jet's piercing blue eyes are mesmerizing me. . .LOL!! Great job following the sketch! Simply an awsome card!!

Rica said...

Oh Kim - this is absolutely fab!!
Love how you've used my sketch and such perfect papers for a boy card. Great and wonderfully coloured image but it's hard not to add button & bow and flowers & lace isn't it(lol)
Thanks for joining us at BG.
hugs Heather xx

~Michelle~ said...

this is so cook Kim....you are nailing those BG papers and those images!!

Jodi said...

Very nicely done card! You did great with the coloring as always!!
I should be on board soon!!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Bev said...

Oh wow this is fabulous!!! Such gorgeous colours and I love the decorated inside too x

Kathy said...

Oh my gosh - another adorable boy! Love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...