Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Leave the Light On

Welcome to the
Spotlight Blog hop.

If you have come from the fabulous and ultra talented Elaine Hughes' Blog then you are hoping in the right direction. If not please hop over to Elaine's blog Quixotic Cards to start from the beginning of the hop.

I am so excited as I was asked to join the amazing Quixotic Paperie DT for an extra special blog hop for you today. We have all been playing with the lovely new Elisabeth Bell SCACD Winter Window Stamp and hope to give you lots of ideas for your Winter creations!

But the reason why this is an extra special blog hop is that it is an introduction to the new once a month Quixotic Paperie Challenge which this month is:

Christmas Is Coming

Make a Christmas card and/or gift and join in the challenge, you can see Quixotic Inspirations for all the details.

As soon as I saw this stamp I knew I had to have it and I wanted to make another "scene" card!  I used the "sister stamp" Day Dreaming, (which is the spring version of this stamp) in -->this post<-- where I made my first "scene" card!  The "siding" of the house was created using my Cuttlebug folder and TH Weathered Wood Distress Ink.  
This cutie has been colored with Copics and accented with a white gel pen. Icicles were glammed up with Diamond Glaze and then Star Dust Stickles.  Snow was made with Liquid AppliqueMetallic Rub On in Walnut was used on window shutters to add a soft subtle shimmer!  Diamond Glaze was added to the windows to make them appear real.  
 Fence was made with my MS punch and then Liquid Applique was added for the snow.
The tree has also been winterized with Liquid Applique and snow banks were glitzed with Star Dust Stickles.  I hope you've enjoyed my Winter Window Scene card!

Remember for UK/ EU customers this beautiful stamp is available at Quixotic Paperie and if you're in the US/Canada you can buy it direct from Susana's Custom Art and Card Design.

Your next stop is the fantastic Judy Laing.  Thanks very much for hoping by and enjoy the rest of the inspiration along the hop! Don't forget to join in the new challenge too...there is a fabulous prize up for grabs!

Stamps: I Will Leave the Light On by Elisabeth Bell for SCACD,
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, White Gel Pen, TH Weathered Wood Distress Ink,
Copic Colors Used:
Papers: Cardstock from my stash
Tools: TH Foam Applicator, Cuttlebug Distressed Stripes Embossing Folder, Tree Die (MFT), MS border punch,
Embellishments: Liquid Applique, Star Dust Stickles, Metallic Rub On in Walnut, Diamond Glaze.

♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥
Photobucket

18 comments:

Mette said...

Stunning card. Love the idea of steps - it's gives dimention. Beatiful colouring. TFS.

Hugs, Mette

MarkerGeek said...

Love this! Kim you are always so creative. :) Thank you so much for joining in with our little hop today!

Anne said...

Gorgeous card Kim

Renkata said...

Wonderful design Kim, So much fun to do.

xxxtglxxx said...

Oooh Kim this is beautiful! I have never seen a stair-step card like this. Gorgeous!. Beautiful image, and your colouring is amazing!. I love this card!

hugs

xxalisonxx

Mina said...

wow Kim, what a fabulous way to use this gorgeous stamp
Mina xxx

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Gorgeous card Kim!! Love the scene you ahve created! What a grest use of the stamp!
Hugs ~Judy xx

Lillian Child said...

This is the very first stair step card I've ever seen - absolutely stunning! And it's also my first time on your blog. It never ceases to amaze me how much talent is here on the internet that I have yet to discover in my paper crafting passion. Thanks for sharing with us!

Susana M said...

Hey Kim
Heart your cozy Winter Wonderland vibe :o) Its begining to look alot like...
Hearts and Hugs
Susana

Kim Dellow said...

Love it Kim. So clever, so love the dimension! Wonderful. So fab to have you along! Kim

Shelly said...

Fabulous card... I love how you've done the fence! Shelly ;)

Vanja said...

Fantastic creation, Kim! I love it.
hugs, Vanja

Riet said...

So beautiful Kim,I love the images and the colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Aud said...

WOW! This is stunning! So gorgeous and awesome! Love it!♥♥♥

Hugs,
Aud

Mary Lou said...

BEAUTIFUL KIM!! Really like the metallic window shutters!!
Love
Mom

Shazza said...

fabulous ides, love it x

Suzanne J Dean said...

Beautifully done Kim--love all the texture and fun snowy elements along with the gorgeous image!

hugz,
Suzanne

Anonymous said...

Can't believe your coloring job on this!! Wow!! And the attention you paid to the ice and snow isn't going unnoticed! Superb!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...