Monday, October 4, 2010

MAMM #4 - Precious Metals

WOW it's already October....can you believe it?  And seeing how it's the 1st Monday of the Month that means it's Make A Mess Monday over at SCACD!  This month Marti and I are showcasing Viva Decor Precious Metals!  When I first saw these paints at CHA I totally fell in love and was sooooo excited when Susana brought them into the SCACD Store!  Precious Metals is a metallic paint, very opaque (which I totally love) and can be applied to any type of surface (wood, metal, glass, plastic, to name a few)!  I also love the shimmery metallic finish them give all with one coat of paint!
My first project showcases how you can use these paints on glass!  I've decorated a clear glass candle holder.  First I took my Silver Precious Metals and applied paint to the top 3/4ths of the candle holder.  While the Silver was still wet, I added some Blue Azure Precious Metals in streaks to mix with the silver.  If you look at the top right side of the candle holder you will see the mixture of the two colors.  The bottom part of the candle holder was painted with just the Blue Azure.  I then added some ribbon and BG rhinestone snowflake to finish off the candle holder.
For my 2nd project I show cased how you can use these paints on plastic, by making a refrigerator magnet.  I started with large square Tim Holtz Fragment, which is a piece of plastic.  I then took my Viva Decor Pink Precious Metals and applied two coats to my fragment.  While I was waiting for the paint to dry, colored my BRAND NEW Rose Petal by Elisabeth Bell for SCACD.  She is one of the newbies in the Mini Sample Edition #1 Set by Elisabeth Bell exclusively for SCACD!  Of course she was colored with Copics and accented with a white gel pen.  Then I glued my image on top of my painted fragment, added a magnet to the back and this cutie is all set to decorate a refrigerator!

I hope you have enjoyed my Viva Decor Precious Metals crations!  You can find the amazing selection of colors in the Precious Metals -->HERE<--!  Now make sure you head over to the SCACD Blog to see what the ultra talented Marti has created using these amazing Viva Decor Precious Metal Paints!

Candle Holder Recipe:
Embellishments: Silver Precious Metals, Blue Azure Precious Metals, Basic Grey Rhinestone Snowflake, Ribbon.

Refrigerator Magnet Recipe:
Stamps: Rose Petal by Elisabeth Bell for SCACD
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, White Gel Pen,
Copic Colors Used: Pot: E02, E08, E13, E19, Shading: W3, Flowers: G17, YG07, YG45, RV17, RV32, RV34, Shirt: Y000, Y11, Hair: Y21, YR24, E99
Embellishments:Tim Holtz Fragment, Viva Decor Pink Precious Metals, Sakura Star Dust Pen.

♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥
Photobucket

4 comments:

Danni said...

You are so creative!! These are stunning and so gorgeous!! Wow!

Chelsea said...

Wowzer! love to see new products on your project Kim. I need to check them out! So wonderful to be able to work on multiple surface. Beautiful projects.
Love,
Chelsea

Rosa Forino said...

ciao kim
era da un pò che mancavo quante meraviglie...
adoro questa bimbetta con la rosa... l'hai resa speciale kiss

Anonymous said...

Well nothing like a little enabling!! I've seriously gotta try those paints now - can't believe the absolutely amazing results you're getting...and from one coat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...