Wednesday, October 6, 2010

WOJ #89 - Sketch Challenge

Happy Wednesday Everyone! I hope your week is going wonderfully....mine is a little bit stressful....but it's a GOOD stressful!  As some of you already know I am busy interviewing for a full-time accountant job for next fall!  I've already had two interviews and the third one is this afternoon.  I am praying and crossing my fingers that I get offered a full-time position at the firm that I really really really want to work at! 

Now...onto some crafty business....Today is a new challenge over at the Whiff of Joy Challenge Blog!  Our challenge this time is a sketch challenge by the wonderful Jane!  Such a fun sketch to play with I do hope that you all play along for this challenge!!! :)
I have decided to use Wee and Stocking for this card!   I've been trying to get into the christmas mode so I don't fall behind on my christmas cards! Papers are from the Fabulous Cosmo Cricket Mitten Weather Mini Deck.  This collection of papers is so much fun....from very traditional to very contemporary, and then even a few papers that can be used for ANY occasion!  Gotta love that for variety!

Wee has been colored with Copics and accented with a white gel pen.  I've used white flock on the trim of the stocking to some extra texture!  Image is then popped up onto a SB beaded oval...I think this is one of my ultimate favorite SB dies!  I then took Platinum Stickles and added it to each bead around the oval for some extra sparkle!

Flowers of course ;) are from the fantastic Wild Orchid Crafts!  Arrangement consists of a Red Curly Wild Rose, Olive Cherry Blossoms, and red crystal drops.  Flowers were sparkalized with Platinum Stickles too!

I hope you've enjoyed my holiday card, now make sure you head over to the WOJ Challenge Blog to see what the other girls have made!  And I want to take a minute to thank Paula for being such a wonderful Guest Designer over at the challenge blog!  You are so sweet hun and will be greatly missed! :)

Recipe:
Stamps: Wee and Stocking (WOJ), Sentiment (from my stash)
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, White Gel Pen,
Copic Colors Used:
Papers: Cosmo Cricket Mitten Weather Mini Deck
Tools: SB beaded oval, MS tag punch
Embellishments: Red Curly Wild Rose, Olive Cherry Blossoms, and red crystal drops, white flock , ribbon and snowflake ribbon from my stash.

♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥
 Photobucket

10 comments:

Moni said...

Hi Kim, so beautiful card, love the colour combo! Cute image! Great details. Hugs, Moni

Crystal said...

WOOOWEEE Kim this is AWESOME, LOVE all your details girl!!!!!

Renkata said...

Hi Kim,
finger cross I hope for you too.
Your card is so cute with such beautiful details.

Louise said...

Hi Kim :)
What a delight to see this card you made for the challenge :) It´s amazing the way you put it all togheter - just perfect :)
And you coloured this to look wonderful!
Hugs!

Alberto said...

Oh, sweet Kim!!
Your creation are ever pretty!!
The colors, the stamp...all!!

big Hugs, Albert

Manuela said...

Hi Kim! Your card looks so amazing! ♥

Hugs,
•*´¨`*••♥ Manuela ♥••*´¨`*•

Jane said...

This is absolutely stunning hun! gorgeous papers and details and stunning colouring as always! Good luck with your interview, fingers crossed for you! hugs, Jane xxx

Chelsea said...

Hi Kim, your cards are always full of gorgeous details. The little gem drops are so pretty and so is that image.
Love,
Chelsea

Michele Roos said...

WOW such a gorgeous card Kim. Love the colouring of the sweet image and wonderful details also. Hugs
Michele x

Paula (PEP) said...

Thank you for your lovely comment - it's been a real pleasure & such an experience. I love this design of yours - the soft green with the red is striking & that beaded oval is indeed special. All the best with your accountancy.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...