Thursday, October 7, 2010

Wild Orchid - Flower Premiere & TIOT #86

Happy Thursday....wow the week is winding down for me....I'm very excited for this weekend, I'm in need of a little down time.  I've now gone through 3 interviews and have an exam in my nutrition class today.  I'm hoping to hear back on the interviews next week....I'm definitely saying my prayers, and crossing every body part that I can that I get a call back from the firm that I really want to work for! :)

Well today I have some EXTRA FUN CRAFT NEWS for you!  Wild Orchid Crafts has some BRAND NEW flowers in stock and boy are these beauties!!!!  WOC is now carrying Poppies!  I've used them in my flower arrangements on both the top and bottom of my easel card for today!  Seriously these flowers are must haves in my opinion!
 I've decided to create a fun easel card...this actually was the card that I made for my Mom for her Birthday card!  This card also ties in over at the SCACD Blog for TIOT where this week Suzanne has challenged us to create a fun card using an image with an animal....well an insect is still an animal, right?! lol!
 Here you can see the main panel of my card.  I've used the cutie pie Little Acorn by Victoria Case for SCACD.  She of course is from the Mini Little Acorn Set!  I've used a new coloring technique on this card too....the other day I was at my mom's using her Copics and she didn't have a specific color, so I mixed two different color families and like how the coloring turned out (I will have a sample with this other image soon)!  So I tried the fun coloring technique on this image too!  For Little Acorn's pants I've used Y and YR colors, for her shirt and hat I've used RV and YR colors!  I really like the mixed look it gives!  I've used papers from the Prima Fairy Flower Collection.  Little Acorn has been popped up onto a SB Beaded oval which then had been glamored up with my Viva Decor Lilac Pearl Pen.  The ladybug has been glitzed up with my TonerTex Pen and Red Glitter!
 Here you can see the fun bottom panel with a cute ladybug that I had in my stash and I thought would be perfect for this card!  Flowers in this arrangement are White Poppy (that was airbrushed), 15mm roses, and 6mm closed rosebuds.
Finally is my main panel flower arranemgent that consists of Champagne Pink Curly Wild Rose, White Poppies (that have been airbrushed pink), 20mm Roses, 15mm roses, 6mm closed rosebuds, and 3mm pearls.

Challenge I would like to enter:
Sketch Saturday - Sketch (although I tweeked it a bit...lol!)

Recipe:
Stamps: Little Acorn by Victoria Case for SCACD  
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, White Gel Pen,
Copic Colors Used:
Papers: Prima Fairy Flower Collection
Tools: SB Beaded oval, MS ATP ladybug punches, MS butterfly punches
Embellishments: Champagne Pink Curly Wild Rose, White Poppies, 20mm Roses, 15mm roses, 6mm closed rosebuds, 3mm pearls, Viva Decor Lilac Pearl Pen, TonerTex Pen and Red Glitter,

♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥
 Photobucket

8 comments:

Melanie said...

Hi Kim! Yes, it certainly does sound like you need some "down time"...good luck on hearing back on the interviews!

Love your card today...I'm sure your mom did too! Your flower arrangements are always so beautiful. Brilliant colour combos too..they look fantastic together!

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so cute, wonderful card Kim.
luv
Debby

Chelsea said...

OMG, so many beautiful things to see. The ladybug punch, those gorgeous flowers and that cute image. It's so cute and layout is beautiful.
Love,
Chelsea

Danni said...

So pretty and so cute! What a wonderful card!

Mary Lou said...

Miss Kim~~ I cannot quit looking at this beauty!!
I have it on my kitchen table for all to enjoy!!
Just beautiful Hun~~Really love the way you color and the details you add are always so delightful!!!!
Thanks for prezzies~~will be checking them out this weekend:)
Love you Lots
Mom

CraftinGranny said...

Beautiful card Kim!!! Thanks for all the info. "Hugs" Carol

Inger Harding said...

Such a wonderful and sweet card Kim!!!
Love it!
Have a lovely weekend.

Inger :)

Anonymous said...

Well, it sure is a good thing you didn't send ME this card on my birthday. I can see it now: it arrives, I fall out of my chair, hit the not-so-funny bone of my left arm, involuntarily punch myself in the head, knock myself out for a year, wake up, and do it all again! Oh I'm kidding, I'm just jealous of course!! Stinkin' gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...