Sunday, February 28, 2010

Engagement Celebration

Hi Friends~

News on my car.... I did get my car back Friday....it's all fixed now!  YAY!  It is so nice driving my own car again!  Today it's snowing here....go figure the weatherman said snow flurries in the morning and it's already the afternoon and we are STILL getting snow...probably got a couple inches already!  YUCK!  Just like this past week the weatherman called for 1 inch of snow on Tuesday and we got 10 inches!  NOT fun trying to drive home from school in that!  Oh well...today I am home so that means it's a good day to stay in my jammies and craft!

This creation I am sharing today is a card that I made from my best friend....her birthday was on Valentine's Day and her boyfriend surprised her with a DIAMOND RING!  In honor of the good news I made a Happy Engagement Card for them....and what better stamps to use than the new city collection ones from WOJ!
I love these two stamps together...doesn't it look like Oakley is admiring his new fiance, Willow?  I have used the Pink Paislee Cupid Collection papers again....Barb still has these over at EIO too.  The middle panel was punched with my new MS border punch and new SU border punch...I really like these two together.
 
Willow and Oakley were colored with my Copics and accented with a white gel pen.  I used a tip from Suzanne Dean's "watercolor with your Copics tutorial."  She mentioned in her tutorial that to get more shading in your image to use a gray colored marker.  For my images I have used N1 to add the shading effect and I really think that little bit of gray sure makes the images pop!  If you haven't checked out her tutorial you must...she has AWESOME tips...plus she has many copic tutorials....I learned to color from her very first PDF Copic Coloring file....Thanks for the GREAT tutorials Suzanne!  Glossy Accents was added to Willow's glass for shine.  The border around my images was doodled by me with a Copic Multiliner, and then I used my Versamark Dazzle and stamped a flower border stamp along the edge and used my perfect pearls in blush and rubbed it over the stamped image for a fun but soft iridescent effect.
 
The inside has been decorated with the same papers.  I used my Inkadinkadoo ring stamp that I got for $.98 at Michaels in the clearance section a while back....added two hearts from my MS punch to represent our great friends!
 
In this final image I tried to capture some of the shimmer and sparkle of the image...of course it's much more sparkly IRL.  I used my Copic Spica in sand to trace the swirls on Willow's dress.  Then I used my Copic Spica in Chocolate and added sparkle and texture to Willow's hair.  Finally if you look really closely you can see that I added Silver Stickles to Willow's necklace....AND to her finger so it looks like she has an engagement ring on! :)
I hope you have enjoyed my creation....I get to see my friend tomorrow night at a banquet and can't wait to give her this card!  She's a card maker too so I know she will treasure it!

CONGRATULATIONS JESSE & KOLIA!
Don't forget over at EIO you can still earn your FREE ribbon!  Click -->HERE<-- to find out how!

Recipe:
Stamps: Willow with Champagne, Cool Oakley (Whiff of Joy); Flower Border (Hero Arts); Ring (Inkadinkadoo)
Copic Colors Used: N1, N3, N5, R00, R02, R20, R21, R35, RV93, G20, G21, G24, G28, YR00, Y000, E000, E00, E11, E21, E25, E30, E31, E34, E41, E42, E43, E44, E47, E49, E50, E53, E57, E59, E79, W1, W3, W5, Spicas - Chocolate, Sand, Silver
Tools: MS border & corner punch, SU border punch, MS heart punch
Embellishments: Large Roses (Zva), Small Roses (Wild Orchid Crafts), Crystal & Silver Stickles, Perfect Pearls in Blush, Glossy Accents, Ribbon from my stash.

♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥

Photobucket

15 comments:

Crystal said...

Yippee Kim so glad your car is all fixed, there is nothing like driving your own vehicle!!!! YUCK on the snow we got plenty on Friday and Saturday and I am SOOOOO anxious for spring!!

Your card is GORGEOUS your coloring is STUNNING!!! What a perfect engagement card!!! Beautiful!

Diamond Doll said...

What a gorgeous engagement card Kim,the 2 images are perfect together.
(hugs)
Trish (-:

Mary Lou said...

Miss Kim~~Koli will just love this special card!! You out did yourself on this fantstic card!! I love every little detail--esp the flower and doodle on the image borders. Thanks for tip from Suzanne--gonna check it out:0
Love
Mom

Donalda said...

Kim this is just breath taking dear. What a lovely card and I am sure your friend is going to love it dear. Just beautiful. I love using the warm greys to hightlight I do think it gives such a beautiful touch. Hugs dear

Lena Katrine said...

Hi :)

What a marvelous card!!! Georgeous coloured images, beautiful papers, and delightful details!! I bet your friends gonna love it!!!
Hope your doing great, sweetie!
BIG hugs, Lena

Janiel/ janny said...

This card is breathtaking!!
love the colors. and your coloring is wonderful..
hugs, Janiel

maddy hill said...

Oh Kim what a yummy card - and how lovely those two images go together - what a great idea !
fabulous colouring and shading !
love
maddy x

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card Kim, love the two beautiful images, they're perfect together.
luv
Debby

cats whiskers said...

I just love this card so cute and fantastic colours and image dear, I have so missed visiting you glad to be back
Hugs Jacqui x

Kerry said...

Gorgeous card Kim - so pretty and cute! I am sure your Friend's will love it xx

CraftinGranny said...

Stunning card!! Your coloring is spectacular and the design of the card, in and out is awesome.
"Hugs" Granny

Vicki G said...

Holy Stunning Chickadee! This is GORGEOUS, BREATHTAKING and OUt of this world!
WOW~

Vicki

Erika said...

Love the card Kim!! It is AWESOME!
I think there is one small detail missing from the "stud's" shirt...a John Deere emblem mabye?
;-)

Little Scraps of Heaven Designs said...

I just adore your blog,
Please visit my blog to pick up a blog award that I have awarded you with. www.lshdesigns.blogspot.com
Tricia

Dannette said...

Hey there Kim, I am just floored at how amazing your coloring is! It is absolutely beautiful and it makes me so jealous! Lol! I love coming to your blog and just looking at all the beautiful photos of your beautiful creations! Have a great rest of your weekend! Chat soon! Hugs, Dannette

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...