Friday, February 5, 2010

WOJ Sweet Treats

My Mom came over today and we crafted all day!  We had a lot of fun coloring, giggling, *talking* to our stamped images, and getting full of glitter!  I managed to decorate two Valentine tins (one from my brother and the other for my sister) and color some fun images!   Tonight I will share my sister's tin that I of course used a Whiff of Joy image on!  (Tomorrow I will share my brother's tin.)  I'm entering this in the Stampin' for the Weekend Challenge of Valentine's Theme and ABC Designs "Sweetheart Challenge."
 
I believe I picked this cute tin up at Walmart, but it's been hanging out in my craft room for a few weeks now so I can't be 100% certain that where I got them. Opppss too much shopping lately....lol!  The tin has really cute heart cut outs that go all the way around the tin so that is what I wove the ribbon through.  For my image I have used Melinda hugging heart!
 
Here you can see the scalloped heart on the other side.  I've used my Pink Paislee Cupid paper for the heart!  Barb still has this paper collection over at EIO.  Plus there is still FREE shipping with order over $50 by using code 4SP9HD at checkout.  Don't forget there is still the GREAT American Crafts Sale going on too where you can get FREE RIBBON!!!  Here's the two ways you can get that ribbon:

1.  Every $5.00 you purchase in American Crafts products gets you a FREE spool of ribbon; and
2.  Every purchase of Thickers also gets you a FREE spool of ribbon.

Soooo....if you purchase 3 packages of Thickers and $10.00 worth of American Crafts products you get 5 FREE SPOOLS OF RIBBON!!!!  Click the following image to go and shop! :)
Embellish-It Scrapbooking

Now...back to my tin:
 
Melinda was colored with my Copics and accented with my white gel pen.  I added star dust stickles to her wings.  Small hearts in the upper right corner are stamped with a Verve stamp from the Hearts Desire set and the mini chocolate hearts are from the middle of a MS border punch that were laying on my desk from a recent card I just made.
I hope you enjoy your weekend!  We have a super bowl party to go to on Sunday so that should be fun...enjoying the day with our friends!  For those of you out east I hope you are staying warm and safe with the huge snowstorm....I don't envy you at all because that is normally the weather we have here....I'm so ready for SPRING, as I am sure all of you are too!

Other Challenges I'm entering with my sweet treat holder:
Verve (Tags, Tins & Treats)
Stampin' Royalty (Anything But a Card)

Recipe:
StampsMelinda Hugging Heart (WOJ), Hearts Desire (Verve)
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Rose Red, Memento Angel Pink, Copics, white gel pen
Copic Colors Used:  BG000, BG05, BG07, BG09, R02, R11, R30, R32, R35, R37, R39, E00, E11, E21, E25, E27, E53, E59, YR00
PapersPink Paislee Cupid Collection, CS from my scrap bin
Tools: Spellbinders - Scalloped Hearts, Inverted Scalloped Circle, Circle, hearts from MS border punch.
EmbellishmentsStar Dust Stickles, Ribbon (Michaels), lace from my stash.


♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥

Photobucket

19 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Kim,
This is a wonderful idea. A hug, kiss & a lot of choccies - great Valentine idea. I love the image and the ribbon is fabulous. You seem to have had a good time with your mum - not enogh of that in the world today!!
Hugs,
Fiona x

Maria Therese said...

wow gorgeous tin!!!

Donalda said...

Oh Kim your sister is going to love this dear. Such a adorable idea, I bought one too but haven't decided what to do with it lol
Have fun at the party dear. Hugs

shulsart said...

Oh, this is just precious. Your coloring is superb! Thanks for joining in on our first challenge at ABC Toys and Crafts blog.

Fuzzy Slippers said...

I love your tin! It would be a perfect Curious Cupid gift. :)

Crystal said...

AWWW kim what a great idea, I LOVE these pails!!!! What a sweet image and fab design!!!! ADORABLE creation girl1

Ange McKay, North Shore Stamper said...

so cute! Thanks so much for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty!

Sabriena Satchwell said...

Great idea! You pale is sooo cute!
Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty!

Justine said...

Beautiful Coloring! I just love your wonderful Treat and is absolutely perfect for the ABC Toys & Crafts Challenge " I Love You..."Sweetheart"...
Thank you for joining us and good luck in the drawing

Kerry said...

Gorgeous colouring. The treat tin is so cute. xx

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Stinkin' cute, Kim! That image is too cute for words, and I am in LOVE with that ribbon! Fabulous! Thanks for playing with us at ABC Toys & Crafts!

Amy Sheffer said...

Adorable bucket! Fabulous coloring, too!

Mummylade said...

what an adorable tin, I love it! I'm glad you joined the SFTW challenge this fortnight and good luck!

Sarah said...

What an adorable idea! Your copic colouring skills are awesome! Thanks for playing along with us at SR!

crafty amy said...

Brilliant tin! I love this woj image and you have coloured her so perfectly and I love that ribbon it is such a fun pattern :D
Thanks for joining us at stampin' for the weekend and good luck.

X Amy x

Lena Katrine said...

I absolutely love your tin, sweetie!
It looks fab!!! Your colouring looks amazing, and the ribbon is just adorable!
I'll bet your sis gonna love this treat :)

Hugs, Lena

Sandie said...

What a fantastic idea!! Beautiful image and your colouring is gorgeous.

Thanks for joining us on Stampin' for the Weekend this week!

Di said...

Love your colouring and the tins are a fab idea!!
Thanks for joining SFTW

Hugs Di xxxx

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just adorable! What a fun project!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...