Wednesday, February 24, 2010

WOJ Challenge #68

Last week was a terrible week....and then to stop it off Thursday I wrecked my car.  On my way home Thursday night I hit a raccoon and did $2500 worth of damage to my car.  Never thought a rodent could cause that much damage huh?  Neither did I!  Mr. Coon put a hole in my radiator, and damaged more car stuff that I know nothing about (lol) and in the end it had to be towed.  Thank Goodness my insurance is AWESOME and my poor car is getting fixed as you read this!  YAY!  I'm hoping all the bad news is behind now!

As you know today is WOJ day! YAY...that's good news, despite the bad I've just told you!  hee hee! The challenge over at WOJ Challenge blog, this week's a sketch challenge by the fabulous Bev!  I have used Willow Dancing...as soon as I saw this stamp I knew I wanted to make a Girl's Night Out care package.
I've used some fun new papers by TPC Studio.  Flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts.  I've used a new Fiskars punch and metallic silver cs for the leaves in my flower ensemble.  The rhinestone swirls in the upper left hand corner were hand drawn by me and then I placed pink rhinestones over my sketch marks (thanks to Bev for the lovely idea) this is a great way to save money...as those swirls can be pretty pricey!   
 
Willow has been colored with my Copics and accented with a white gel pen.  Mini black pearls were used for her necklace and bracelet.
 
Here is the finished inside of the card/box.  Every girl needs a compact mirror, sparkly lipgloss and lotion for a night out on the town!
 
The back has been decorated with the same papers.
 
Willow was also decked out with lots of shimmer. I've used my Sakura clear pen on her shoes, cheeks, and eyelids.  Then I used my new illuminate Smooch on her purse, bracelet, and sash on her dress.  Oh my goodness do I love this new Smooch...it's amazing!  It gives an amazing iridescent sparkle! Love this and will be using it on everything I am sure! :)  Star Dust Stickles were used on the flowers to give them extra pizzaz.

I hope you've enjoyed my project!  Make sure you head over to the WOJ Challenge Blog to check out all the other DT memeber's inspiration!

ETA...this creation is now posted for sale in my store...which you can find -->here<--.

Recipe:
StampsWillow Dancing
Copic Colors Used: E000, E00, E11, E21, E99, R02, R11, R83, RV19, RV34, N2, N5, N7, N10, YR00, YR24, Y21
Papers: TPC Studio Girlfriends Collection, American Crafts Metallic CS
Embellishments: Roses & Cherry Blossom (Wild Orchid Crafts), Primas, Illuminate Smooch, Star Dust Stickles, Square Rhinestones (Basic Grey), Rhinestones, Lace and ribbon from my stash.

♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥

Photobucket

16 comments:

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW Kim this is gorgeous.
luv
Debby

Renkata said...

Wow Kim this is just...vavavoum :)
very chic card.
I love all details.

Crystal said...

Kim girl what a FABULOUS project you did an amazing job here sweetie!!!!! You used the PERFECT colors for this fun fun image!!!! Beautiful work and AWESOME details...LOVE THIS!

COCO said...

Oh waouh !!
you card is very very very very very wonderful !!!
i love your blog !!
big hugs coco

COCO said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
COCO said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CraftyC said...

Wow Kim, what a gorgeous project. You can fill it with any goodies you want!
Clairex

Christi Flores said...

Wowza is this gorgeous!! LOVE the colors and your coloring is amazing!!!

Kerry said...

Hi Kim, sorry to hear about your bad week. I lurve this little project - great gift for a girl friend. I have just blogged a card with this image, I just love it. Kerry xx

Jane said...

Wow!!!!! Kim this is incredible, it really is!! The colours are stunning and perfect and I just love how it opens out to reveal that gift pocket with the girls night out essentials in it!! Fabulous work! Hope your card is back on the road soon! hugs, Jane xxx

Victoria said...

Just stunning Kim! Fab job. Hope you manage to get your card sorted!
Hugs, Vicky ~x~

Lori aka Lo Lo said...

WoW...this is gorgeous! Luv the colour scheme. What a fab kit.

I luv your new blog banner and background. Did you create it?

xoxo,
Lori

Mona Pendleton said...

Cuuute card box! That white ink really pops right off the paper! Love the black & hot pink color combo!

Mary Lou said...

Beautiful Miss Kim!! What a great gift for someone special :)
Blessings
Mom

Vicki G said...

What a nasty little varmit! Thankful that you are okay and didn't get hurt! I love all that you have going on in this project! Fun and Funky!

Hugs

Vicki

Camilla said...

WooooWow!! This card is STUNNING Kim!!:)) Love your fantastic colouring, and the design with the pocket is just great!
Glad you are ok!
Big hugs, Camilla.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...