Wednesday, February 17, 2010

WOJ Challenge 67 - Pearls & Swirls

 Hello~ Are you ready for another WOJ Challenge!  This week our challenge is swirls and pearls....this is right up my alley!  I decided to make a heart purse using Kirsten's tutorial you can find -->here<--.  I altered it a little bit as I didn't have cardboard hearts....so I used my Spellbinder hearts to improvise.  This is actually filled with LOTS of chocolate and I am giving it to my Mom and Dad for Valentine's....I was a little late getting them their present.
 
 I've used Melinda hugging heart and colored her with my Copics and added diamond stickles to her wings.
  
 Here is one side.
 
And then the other where I added a nice big sheer bow with some more Wild Orchid flowers and a heart charm.  Sorry this is a little late getting posted today...have a lot going on....and I didn't want my mom to see this early this morning before she went to work.  I'm going to swing by her work and surprise her with this and hope to bring a little bit of sunshine to her day!

Recipe:
Stamps: Melinda Hugging Heart (WOJ), Well Scripted (SU)
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics
Copic Colors Used: R01, R02, R11, R12, R14, R24, R29, R59, R81, R83, R85, YR00, YR24, B12, E000, E00, E11, E21, E31, E33, E35, E99, Gold Spica
Papers:  Sweet Love (Little Yellow Bicycle)
Tools: Spellbinders: hearts, circle, labels 3, oval, scallop oval; Quickutz swirls, MS deep border punch
Embellishments: Pearl Swirls (Basic Grey) purchased from Archivers; loose pearls, Roses (Wild Orchid Crafts), Ribbon and charm from my stash.
♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥

Photobucket

11 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh my goodness!! This is simply STUNNING! Kim, you have done a fantastic job on this gift box. Your colouring is gorgeous!!

I've spent a while peeking around your blog...WOW! I'm signing up as a follower so as not to miss any of your beautiful creations!

Melanie

(btw...just emailed you back today. My apologies it wasn't sooner, but you will see why when you get my message!)

Lysa said...

Wow Kim! This is awesome!! Love it!

Lena Katrine said...

OMG!!! This is adorable, sweetie! Love the cute dotted papers, and the image is coloured beautifully!!!
I'm looking forward to try this purse too - one day :)
Hope you're doing great, hun! Hugs, Lena

Crystal said...

Hey Kim first i GOTTTA comment on your new blog look...IT IS FABULOUS!!!!!! LOVE IT!!! Also your WOJ project looks amazing!!! This is such a lovely design..FABULOUS you rock girl!

Kerry said...

Your WOJ project is fab Kim! I am sure Mom and Dad will love it xx

Mary Lou said...

I had the most wonderful surprise today when you and Alissa met me for lunch :0))) I love the purse sooo much and when I showed the gals at work they asked me why you were going to school for accounting????? Heard that before--huh :) Dad loved the purse too but said he likes the choco mints and I could cherish the heart purse--no argument from me~~hee hee thanks kim~~You are the greatest!!!!!!!!!!!
Love Mom

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW amazing creations, stunning work.
luv
Debby

Kirsten Aune said...

Oh - your purse is adorable, Kim! I love it!! Your colouring is beautiful - as always.
It means a lot to me that you wanted to try my tutorial.

Have a wonderful weekend, Kim!
Big hugs,
Kirsten

Chrissy D said...

I havent been here in awhile - love your new blog look! Gorgeous card too! TFS!

Vicki G said...

Kim, this is beautiful~

Vicki

shortyrose said...

What a wonderful purse!!! It's so very great!!!

Hugs,
shortyrose

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...