Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Sweet Love

Today I have some AMAZING news to share with you!  It all began this past Saturday....I was in a tax class for 5 hours getting certified so that I can prepare income taxes this tax season.  I will be working with lower income people through a program known as VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance)...I'm so excited to start assisting and help those people who need it, and what a great experience it will be.....but that's not the good news!  As I was sitting in class, bored during the beginning of the session because it was all the info I learned in my last semester tax class, I got a message from Donalda asking me if I would:
Guest Design for the month of February 
I didn't even have to think for a second.....my answer of course was a HUGE YES!!!  Thank you so very much Donalda for asking me to join your amazing team for this month!!!!  I am honored to be a part of this super talented team of amazing ladies!!!

Without further ado here is my first card as a part of the WOJ Challenge DT!

Our challenge this week is LOVE!  We want to see your creation with love!  I chose to use Sweet Teenage Lizzie with box of chocolates.  The sketch is based on Sketch Saturday which I flipped upside down. Papers are an older Basic Grey collection called Eva.
 
Lizzie was colored with my Copics.  I added Twinkling H2Os in the shaded areas for some more depth and of course to add shimmer. :)  
 
The inside is decorated with some more BG Eva papers, hearts, and mini pearls inside the hearts for some added elegance. 
 
And here is another angled view so you can see the shimmer from the Twinkling H2Os! I hope you have enjoyed my first creation for the WOJ Challenge Blog!  I hope you come over and join in the fun there and see what the other amazing girls have created!

Recipe:
Stamps: Teenage Lizzie with box of chocolates (WOJ), Swirl (Hero Arts), Sentiment (Hero Arts)
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, TH Dusty Concord Distress Ink, Copics, Twinkling H2Os -Fairy Plum, English Lavender
Copic Colors Used:  N3, E00, E11, E13, E17, E21, E30, E33, E34, E35, E53, E59, V000, V01, V12, V15, V91, V93, V95, BV23, RV11, RV17, RV19, YR00, R02, R11
Papers: Basic Grey Eva Collection
Tools: MS Deep Edge Heart punch, MS heart punch, MS heart border punch, EK Success leaf punch, Spellbinders corner, QuicKutz Nesting Label 
Embellishments: Pearls, Rhinestone Heart (Basic Grey), Roses & Cherry Blossom (Wild Orchid), Star Dust Stickles.

♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥

Photobucket

8 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Kim,
This card is absolutely stunning. I love the papers and the deep colours and the punched border and hearts are awesome. The image is amazing.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Crystal said...

WOW Kim amazing!!!! LOVE LOVE all the punches and die cuts!! Gorgeous colors and wow way to go sweetie!

Tara Godfrey said...

YAY!!! YIPPEE!! YAHOO!!! I am doing the happy dance for you sweetie! I am so glad that you are GDT for February!!! I love this fab card!!! Lizzie looks smashing and the colours are so beautiful...love those BG papers too!!! Congrats!!!
Big Hugs,t

Murielle said...

Your card is very gorgeous, Kim!
Beautiful colours and fantastic look.
Hugs, Mumur

SassyJax01 said...

Kim you do awesome work! Too bad my brother wasn't still dating you because your an amazing gril. Hugs :o)~ *Jackie G.

Jennifer Meyer said...

WOW Kim what a wonderful thing you will be providing for these people during tax time! :)

Congratulations on the exciting Guest DT news, your sample is beautiful!!

BIG hugs, Jennifer :)

Maya said...

Ohhhh this is gorgeous, Kim!!
Such wonderful papers, colors and details!!
And the image is colored to perfection!
Congratulations on the Guest designer spot!
Hugs from Maya :)

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous card Kim and congrats on your good news and GDT!
Clairexx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...