Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Whiff of Joy Guest Design Team Call

Katharina of Whiff of Joy Stamps is looking for a Guest Design Team member to fullfill a 2 month spot on her team and play with her lovely stamps! I LOVE the Whiff of Joy stamps, and was VERY excited when I heard of the available position. The talent that Katharina has on her DT is amazing! I would be honored to be in their company for 2 months! I had so much fun coloring and creating for this wonderful opportunity! In order to qualify you had to create a card, or layout using one of Katharina's sketches. Her sketches are so much fun to play with that I am going to share 2 of the ones that I did....these sketches are very addicting because they are so much fun!


The first creation of mine I used Sketch #26:


And here's my entry with Winter Charlotte with Cat. I colored Charlotte and her kitty with my Copics (thanks to Suzanne's coloring tutorials....I now am in LOVE with my Copics)! I used white fun flock for Charlotte's hand warmer, stickles on her hat, martha stewart punch for paper edging, and primas. Can you tell pink and brown is my favorite color combination?
Here is the side view...you can see all the dimensionals that I used to pop the image up!
And here is a close up of Charlotte! Isn't she so cute!!!
The next sketch that I played with was Sketch #12:
I did a spin off of Sketch #12....for those of you who know me....I usually have to alter a sketch a little bit! hee hee! This is a note card folder that I made using Melinda Blowing Kisses. This is my FAVORITE Whiff of Joy stamp! Melinda is so sweet and adorable! I added some little leaves to the image to make it look like Melinda's kisses were in the fall leaves. Melinda was colored using my Copics, and diamond stickles was added to her wings.

Here is the inside view of the folder with the note cards and envelopes.



And here are all of the notecards and envelopes on display!
I hope that my creations earn me a spot on The Whiff of Joy Design Team as their Guest Deisgner! This would be a great accomplishment to achieve!


Thanks for stopping by...and stay tuned for some great Halloween projects coming up the end of this week!


15 comments:

Javablustamper said...

OMGosh! They should win you a spot! They are BEAUTIFUL Kim!! I lvoe them both! Best of luck!!! I hope you get that spot, you so deserve it! Take care!

Rach said...

oh my word!
Kim these two creations are outstanding I love them both..gorgeous colours and what a great note card holder...your colouring with the copics is fantastic..well done hunny,
good luck to you in the gd call. hugs rachxxx

Kimmie said...

Your stuff looks fab! Best of luck... they'd be a fool not to pick you up!

Kimmie said...

Your stuff looks fab! Best of luck... they'd be a fool not to pick you up!

Anonymous said...

Your work is awesome. You definitely deserve the guest spot!!! I just noticed I won your blog candy...yeah for me. I don't have your email address to send you my addy. So please leave me a comment (and enter my blog candy by the way). My email is www.cheribabe@gmail.com
I'm just so excited...I've never won anything in my life. TY TY TY

Christi Flores said...

Wow girl! Your cards are fantastic!! Good luck!!

Debby said...

Kim good luck! Your creations are too fabulous for words!

Lorie said...

Kim...you must win! Your artwork is amazing!!! Can we vote for you...no, seriously...can we!?

Suzanne J Dean said...

Great job Kim! Love both of them, but Charlotte w/ the kitty is my favorite. Glad you're learning to love your Copics, lol! Good luck!

hugz,
Suzanne Dean

Bev said...

Oh my goodness Kim, these are two fantastic cards!!! Love the colours on both of them but I think the note card holder is simply divine!!

hugs Bev x

Victoria said...

They are both gorgeous creations, I love the note card holder the best if you made me choose x

Katharina Frei said...

Wow!!! Terrific creations Kim! Love the Charlotte with cat card!!
Katharina x

Krystinah said...

Kim your cards look great...I think you might be a winner...Your coloring is looking so great...The these whiff of joy stamps but dont have any yet...Kristina

Unknown said...

Love all the layering you put in the pink/brown card. And aren't Copics the best? Great job on all your projects here!

Candy said...

Hi Kim,
You have become a perfect Copic colourer ( is there such a word?? ) Beautiful colouring!!! Love both your cards and I wish you all the luck in the world to win a spot on the WOJ design team.
Love Candy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...