Saturday, December 27, 2008

Another WOJ Christmas!

Now I love Katharina's sketches, so when I needed to make a Christmas card for my other Grandma, I headed right to Katharina's blog to see which sketch I wanted to play with! I decided on #27! I love the idea of working with sketches because then you kind of have a blue print of what you will be spinning off of with your ideas!
I used the WOJ stamp, designed by Elisabeth Bell, the Christmas Tree which I got from Loreen at Wish On A Scrap. I didn't think this image would be too terrible to color....but boy was I wrong! There is TONS of detail to this stamp, which I did love once I got going! I am not thrilled with my coloring on this one...but everyone has off days, right?! And we are our worst critics!!! I used DCWV Christmas stack paper, primas, and ribbon from my stash. The sentiment stamp is one that I got from my crafty Grandma!
Even though I wasn't thrilled with the outside of the card, I absolutely LOVED how the inside turned out! I have been seeing people make wreaths from their MS punches all over in blogland lately and thought I needed to try this! It turned out superb! Boarder punch is also MS! I love the gingerbread men on that punch!

I also came upon some more blog candy give away to share with you:
Hurry on over to Melissa's blog because she is giving away some candy!
And Sheetload is giving away some frosty candy because it's brrrr cold outside!
I have one more Christmas to attend tonight. This is Christmas with my in-laws!
Enjoy your weekend, and have fun stamping!

14 comments:

Danni said...

Very cute card. I love your wreath and the tree must of taken forever to color!!

Kimmie said...

This is a beautiful card!

Lori aka Lo Lo said...

I luv the wreath. Which punch did you use?

xoxo,
Lori

Amy Leggate- Paper Romance said...

Beautiful Card!!! Check out my Blog I have left you something there :)

stampingtink said...

So cute! I'm sure she loved it. But doesn't that tree look fabulous after it's done? Great job and I love the inside of your card! Hope you and your family had a great Christmas and that you're getting in lots of crafting!

Ann Kranitz said...

Wow, I love that wreath!!! It came out perfect.

Courtney said...

Oh wow, this is fantastic, girl! I love it!

Unknown said...

This is cute! I love the layout. I'll have to remember to play with this one!

Chrissy D said...

This is LOVELY! Great take on the sketch Kim! I have something on my blog for you (Monday morning!)

Rach said...

a fabulous card Kim, love how you have created the wreath on the inside. That little tree takes a lot of colouring...lol.
hugs to you. Rachxxx

Bev said...

Wow, I love this one Kim, a real traditional Christmas card compelte with that gorge wreath on the inside. Brilliant!

hugs Bev x

Heather said...

Gorgeous Kim,
I had to laugh when I read your 'write-up' - I looked at this stamp and thought - oh no - too complicated for Christmas when I'm always short on time !!
Love your wreath, it's beautiful.
All the best for the New Year.
hugs Heather xx

Kristine said...

Hi Kim...what a Fab card! LOVE this sketch, so I saved it to play with it after work IF I get some stampy time. Love your pretty pink blog! It's BEE-AUTIFUL!!

Debbie said...

Fabulous card Kim, the tree looks gorgeous and I love the beautiful wreath detail inside the card.
Happy New Year! Debbie x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...