Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Basic Grey meets Roses on Paper Challenge

This is my first Basic Grey Challenge and my first Roses on Paper Challenge. I am so excited to be playing along with such fun challenges! This card was a hoot to make! The theme over at the Basic Grey Challenge blog this week was "Going Green!" You had to reuse something old! I used 2 old things on this card! On the bottom left of the card, I used some tiny ornaments from my table top tree. Then on the background of Charlie you will see snowflakes. I used a snowflake scrap I had laying around from a previous card, and sponged around it to create the snowy background.

The Roses on Paper challenge this week was a sketch challenge. You can see the sketch HERE! This is a brand new challenge blog, and I am so glad I found it (thanks to Jeanette's blog)! I had so much fun playing with their sketch!

This card is the Christmas card that I made for my hubby! I can't wait for him to open it (I can post this here....because I don't think he ever checks my blog....hee hee!) This Whiff of Joy stamp so reminds me of my hubby...it looks just like him when he was a little boy!

And here's a close up of Charlie! I colored him with my Copics! Added fun flock to his hat, wrists, and belly. Used stickles on the bow of the present that Charlie is holding. Also used glossy accents on the apples in the scene. All products were bought from Loreen at Wish On A Scrap!
And last but not least is the inside of the card! Gotta love those corner punches! I told you I will probably use them on all of my cards now! Ha ha! The sentiments reads "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas," the lighting really didn't want to work well with this pictures. I did not decorate the left side of the card, as I used that to write a letter to my hubby!

Tonight we are off to Christmas Eve mass....it's my absolutel FAVORITE mass of the year!!! I so can't wait for 6 PM to roll around! Our choir sings Christmas carols an hour before church starts, and the mass is just so beautiful! After church we are off to my Grandparents house, can't wait to go and eat some of Grandma's famous cut-out cookies, no one makes them like Grandma does! Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas Eve!

20 comments:

Donalda said...

Oh just gorgeous dear. Love it

Iris Wiechmann said...

Your card is so beautiful Kim! Love what you did with the sketch! Thanks for joining our challenge and good luck to you!

Hugs,
Iris

Anita said...

Beautiful card! Merry Christmas!

Murielle said...

Marvellous card Kim!
Happy Christmas.
Hugs, Mumur

Anki said...

Wonderful card! So glad that you found our challenge so that you could participate with this stunning card. Wish you all the best for the X-mas holidays! Kram - Anki

Rosette said...

This is just stunning Kim, and you have used the Wassail papers like me as well :) lol
Thanks for joining us at ROP.
Even the inside is gorgeous, I bet your hubby was pleased with it! :)
good luck! ;)

Ethel Amutan said...

Beautifully done! LOVE the papers, coloring....Good luck in the drawing!

Lori said...

Merry Christmas kim,
Hugs,
Lori

Lori aka Lo Lo said...

Hi Kim,

Are the hearts on the inside of the card done with a punch? If so which punch is it?

xoxo,
Lori

stampingtink said...

So cute, Kim! I love all the fun flock and the gloss on the apples is a great touch! Thanks for participating in the Roses on Paper Challenge! Good luck!

Heather said...

Gorgeous card Kim. Love your use of papers and the way you've coloured Charlie. Hope your table top tree isn't too bare now!
All the best for the New Year
hugs Heather xx

Lynda Nielsen said...

BEAUTIFUL Card!!!! I love it, even the inside is fabulous! =)
hugs
Lynda =)

Peta said...

You're card is just gorgeous Kim, I'm sure you're husband loved it. Thanks for joining in our Roses on Paper Challenge. Good Luck. Peta

Peta said...

You're card is just gorgeous Kim, I'm sure you're husband loved it. Thanks for joining in our Roses on Paper Challenge. Good Luck. Peta

Peta said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jo Nevill said...

What a fantastic card and I love the inside of it and the punch you have used. What punch is it ?

Thank you for joining us in our challenge. Happy New Year and look forward to seeing you playing again,

Hugs,

Jo x

Chrissy D said...

SOOOO CUTE!!!! You did a FABULOUS job on your coloring! BRILLIANT!

Bev said...

Kim this is fabulous! Love the stripey paper, it really sets Charlie off a treat

hugs Bev x

Kim Costello said...

Wonderful card, great recycling and love the background you made with the snowflake, very good! Happy New Year!
Kim :)

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card. Love the charlie image and the colouring is fantastic. Michele x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...