Friday, December 26, 2008

WOJ Challenge #12

I hope everyone had a Very Merry Christmas, and you got everything that you wanted! I was very blessed this year and got a Blackberry from my hubby, and my parents got me a Janome mini sewing machine! I can't wait to start sewing on my cards now, like all of you awesome girls out there!

Below is my entry for the WOJ weekly challenge! This challenge was to create a Christmas card without using red and green! I loved the challenge....as I had this lovely pink and purple Christmas paper from my DCWV stack! (Since I didn't get to play along with Challenge #11, I used the sketch Heather created for that challenge on this card too.) I made this card for my Grandma, and she loved it! Willow was colored with my Copics.Seeing how I used Willow with cookies, I wanted to make this into a baking theme card. So I used the cute Christmas cutter embellies on the front of the card, and for the inside (on the left side of the card) I created a recipe using our family! Grandma LOVED that part!!! I got the idea from another blog, but I forgot to save the link, so if you are the creator of this idea, please let me know and I will gladly put your name here! :) On the right side I used my corner punch that I got from Wish On A Scrap, and the sentiment is a stamp that my Grandma gave me, so it was neat to be able to make something with the supplies she gave me, and of course the boarder is made with a martha punch!
This was my favorite christmas card created! Must be because of all the girlie colors! hee hee!

Ying has some magnificent blog candy she's giving away! Stop by and check it out!
Stamps: WOJ, Stempelglede
Papers: DCWV, Bazzill, stash
Tools: MS boarder punch, Corner punch
Embellies: Prima flowers, Bride flowers, ribbon from my stash

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Wow Kim your card is `beautiful` inside and out:)
Your Grandma will treasure it!!!
I know I would....
Have a great Evening:)~X~

Loreen said...

This card is gorgeous!! Really OVER THE TOP =)

Donalda said...

Oh Kim I know your Grandmother loved the card it is just gorgeous dear and so beautiful colored dear.Gorgeous as always dear

Ann Kranitz said...

Kim this is spectacular!!!!

Christi Flores said...

This is amazing Kim!!

Lori aka Lo Lo said...

Luv the card. Which corner punch did you use to make the hearts on the inside of the card? I went to the site you provided but they don't have any punches for sale :o(

xoxo,
Lori

Bev said...

Wow wow wow! LOVE this card Kim, the colours and papers are gorgeous!! Love how you have decorated the inside of the card too.

have a happy new year hun

hugs Bev x

Heather said...

Beautiful card Kim and so beautifully coloured.
hugs Heather xx

Aija said...

Kim, this is so great! So many fabulous details, and the colour theme is so beautiful!
Hugs,
Aija

cats whiskers said...

Hi Dear
This is so beautiful I love the colours and your beautiful colouring and the recipe inside was just fabulous. Thanks for joining us for this challenge.
Have a great New Year
Hugs Jacqui xxx

Chrissy D said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Love the DP and this whole card! TFS!

Rach said...

oooo stunning kim, love the colours and how you decorated the insides..thanks for joining us over at woj. hugs rachxx

Heather Huggins said...

Beautiful! Thanks for joining us!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...